Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Sleep Howling

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Sleep Howling

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

Not sure where to put this…

Sadie howls in her sleep, not often, only 3 or 4 times that we know about. Usually in the middle of a very agitated dream, y’know feet going , nose twitching eyes rolling under her lids…she’ll then lift her head , form that perfect cartoon O with her lips and let loose  ;D  Wakes herself up doing it.

So, what’s she doing? Who’s she calling to? Why’s she doing it? 

Wife thinks it’s sad, but I’m not concerned just interested in what’s going on

Any thoughts?

GSPmad

no idea, but interested to know – dorain howls, whines, yaps, growls, whimpers, runs…. i swear he’s at his most active when he’s asleep.  😀

Anonymous

Loki makes lots of noises when he is dreaming… mainly little woofs

But last full moon he did a huge howl in his sleep  😮  I wondered if was related to the full moon  ;D

Maybe sadie was dreaming about calling to someone very far away  🙂  Isn’t that why wolves howl? To get the sound to travel and communicate with distant pack members? Or am I completely out?

beau does baby howls in his sleep with baby woofs too, sounds so cute bless him  🙂

stan howls, growl, wimpers and whines in his sleep 😀

*Lassie*

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=13072.msg252023#msg252023 date=1226945045]
    stan howls, growl, wimpers and whines in his sleep 😀
    [/quote]

Willow whines, growls and barks.
    Tam growls and farts ::)

kizkiznobite

she is dreaming  🙂 our old girlie holliesock used to have the most awful sounding nightmares…

*Nick*

I know she’s dreaming, I just want to know what she’s dreaming about !  Is that too much to ask?  😀 :laugh:

kizkiznobite

basically……yep  ;D ;D

i used to worry that holliesocks was back in her dark wet shed having been beaten after killing her pups  :'(

Mo used to say it was a big monster rabbit that was scaring her  ::)

Bev I think I prefer Mos idea  :'(

Diesel73

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13072.msg252307#msg252307 date=1227043856]
    Bev I think I prefer Mos idea  :'(
    [/quote]
    I do too, and i do think Mo was right.
    My 2 never had 1 second of mistreatment, yet they make sounds in their dreams sometimes you’d think they dream they are about to be castrated without sedation  ::) . Sometimes they even seem to wake up scared. Other times they wake up launching at ‘something’. So they is clearly most times dreaming about possible other dogs.

Anonymous

Hi,

Wills howls in his sleep – proper packmates calling howl – i assume this is him remembering being all alone as he’s been through alot of seperations and being left alone and isnt a dog who does “alone” very well – he is a people packmates dog – an in your bed under the blankets dog not in a needy way just feels secure I think.

Bonnie SNORES the most loudest snores you ever did hear and twitches alot eyes/ears – i assume that is hunting her favourite thing to do when she is awake.

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Rafe occasionally farts so loudly he wakes himself up.  With a shocked expression on his face I might add.

He had baaaad gas a few days ago.  And the stuff he produces is not just voluminous, but incredibly potent.  Did I add that I love my dog?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime