Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

so..you getting a new pack addition…

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Those questions that keep on getting asked so..you getting a new pack addition…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Took Dex with us when we went to get Kodi, he had a good sniff of her, Jamie sat in the back with Kodi so Dex could see her all the way home, soon as we got home  just let them wander around, Dex was not impressed. Every time she came near him he’d get up and walk off, she was like awww I wanna play, took him about a week before he really took any notice of her.

Anonymous

Excuse me mrs K – my dog no longer has bad door manners…. he has very good door manners.  He is now cued to sit as soon as door is knocked…  ;D  No jumping up – nothing.  No longer “hangs about” table or when eating…. goes to his bed or beanbag….  ;D  I have worked real hard since you were here and there is a calmness now…

Have upped his mental exercise a bit and this has made him less demanding…  ;D

So how do I introduce them  ???  Will be teatime ‘ish’ – thought we would let James bring her in as he has least status in pack  ???  Thought that would lessen any jealousy  ???  Thought they should meet on decking  ???

Thoughts Bev  ;D

*Nat*

How about buyin two pups from the same litter and trying to train them together – is that easier Bev or harder?

Anonymous

HARDER!!

as they cue eachother or so I remember kiz saying ;D

*Lassie*

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=5319.msg85243#msg85243 date=1161620114]
    How about buyin two pups from the same litter and trying to train them together – is that easier Bev or harder?
    [/quote]
    They will bond closer with each other and it makes it harder to get them to bond with you

*Nat*

I wondered that. Where I used to live there was a couple who had two male Dobes, brothers. The last time I saw them they were six months but I’ve not seen them since we’ve moved but have heard from someone else I know that they only have one now. I wonder if having the two males caused problems  ???

Anonymous

2 pups together BIG no no…but 2 boys, I had Jay & Dex loved each other to bits 🙂

*Lassie*

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=5319.msg85269#msg85269 date=1161623189]
    I wondered that. Where I used to live there was a couple who had two male Dobes, brothers. The last time I saw them they were six months but I’ve not seen them since we’ve moved but have heard from someone else I know that they only have one now. I wonder if having the two males caused problems  ???
    [/quote]
    Two bitch pups togeather are the worse mix, if they both want to be boss you have one bad fight on your hands

*Nat*

Not planning on doing it, just wondered!!  😮 Was at the Hop Farm again today Sue – my eldest had football trials. It was certainly alot muddier than the Paws in the Park. We all got filthy!  ::)

kizkiznobite

i would take noochpooch in to house – open all the doors to the back – get james to fetch pup in place her on the floor and ……… leave them to it – all 3 of you get on and do stuuf like putting away bags – checking phone, putting the kettle on – keep an eye but don’t interfere let nooch do the talking  😉 ;D

Anonymous

I did that with Trav when we found Sid Trav was with us,we came home I put Trav in the kitchen removed anything which belonged to him,and then Kelly brought Sid in,to be honest Trav was petrified of Sid to start off with,but by the next morning they were fine,they get on fine,I dont know if its because they are still young 🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=5319.msg85543#msg85543 date=1161693078]
    i would take noochpooch in to house – open all the doors to the back – get james to fetch pup in place her on the floor and ……… leave them to it – all 3 of you get on and do stuuf like putting away bags – checking phone, putting the kettle on – keep an eye but don’t interfere let nooch do the talking  😉 ;D
    [/quote]

God I can imagine the conversation  ::)  and eh who the &&& do you think you are  ???  I am mudgies favourite……  ::)  you are not getting my bone…..  ::)

Anonymous

uhhhh putting the kettle on

is that an offer

kizkiznobite

;D yep to both ;D

Anonymous

Dumbo………..  ;D

One on right hand side is Bluebell…. Brother on the left…  :-*

[old attachment deleted by admin]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime