Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Some Trainers are just….grrrr!

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Some Trainers are just….grrrr!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Went to a ‘dog show’ on Sunday, was really there to check out the new trainer in my area who has started up.

Watched the gundog trainer scruff his labxRotti when she wouldnt give up her dummy to him and admit that his 6 month old springer  and this Xbreed had been working since 5.30 am. Xbreed was only 18 months old and looked like she had been bred from recently.

Listened to him advise folk to pick up their dog by the bum and neck and throw it on the floor ‘to show him who is boss’ 

Walked away at that point met up with the local parks police- guy wanting a springer- so gave him ESSW details as we were chatting his mouth flew open, in the main ring, there was an agilty set up. In the ring, were the puppies, being forced over jumps and through hoops which were too big for them- this included a lab pup no more than 9 -12 weeks old   

This ‘show’ was organised by this ‘trainer and behaviourist’ who didnt stop this from happening – the equipment was then set up to the sided of the main ring, where by the general public were left ‘use’ the equipment unsupervised.

Yes I know where she got her qualifications from and I know which governing body she belongs too and Yes they will both be getting a letter of complaint from not only myself, but also another trainer who left with steam coming out of her ears and Also the local council will be getting a very strongly worded letter to get their act together   

melinda

That’s awful!

I’ve seen some pretty shocking attitudes to dog training before but from a ‘professional’ that is just inexcusable. >:(

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime