Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Staining

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Staining

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Have had a real problem with this with Honey over the last 6 months or so maybe longer – you know i posted about it with her teeth being stained too?

Well its stopped  ??? face is clear teeth are now nearly clear………

The one thing i know shes not had in a long time now is lentils – she likes them didnt have every day but a few times a week – but i ran out and shes not had any for good couple months now.

Or pork ribs more recently as we had a huge order of lamb bones so shes been getting them more……..

Thoughts anyone – dont get me wrong am not complaining she looks much more beautiful without a red mouth……. 😉

Val

Would be interesting to give her the lentils but keep her on the lamb bones that should tell you if the lentils are staining her teeth or it’s the lamb bones that are cleaning them.
    In this house the only way my girlies get lentils is in the winter in a stew and thats not often and not many as they are high protien and the beards do better on low protien be it a natural one, we don’t use pork,  a lot of their bones are lamb, the beards will crack down on any bones but I find the pekes eat more bone if it’s lamb they all have clean mouths
    Val

Sweetypye

What sort of lentils are you feeding, there are many but should not cause staining; nor should pork fed raw at least, cooked, depends on how you cook it.

Val the bones are probably clearing off her teeth but the staining around her eyes and mouth has gone – so somethings stopping the staining – does that make sense?

They are green lentils? i dont know what sort exactly?

And she never has pork cooked only raw bones  🙂

Val

Well it could still be the diet as staining is caused by porphyrin, produced by the dogs body and particularly found in saliva or anywhere that moisture collected this can be cleared up by adding a little zinc and vit C to a diet so maybe the lamb is more suited to her it could also be caused by the water she drinks as some water has a high mineral content maybe the water where your business is is different to at home.
    Or it could be one of the famous “Four H’s”  “heredity, health, hygiene, and happiness” and these days she’s a happy Honey cos she’s at work again.
    Or it could just be if you have taken out the lentils which let’s face it are heavy in most thing you have upped something else in her diet that has the right balance
    Just a few idea’s from an old tired brain
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14859.msg273316#msg273316 date=1256928660]
    Val the bones are probably clearing off her teeth but the staining around her eyes and mouth has gone – so somethings stopping the staining – does that make sense?

They are green lentils? i dont know what sort exactly?

And she never has pork cooked only raw bones  🙂
    [/quote]

Thanks Val – i reckon it could be all of those tings – interestingly shes also eating more crap than she used to  :-[ i blame my workmates hubby, was sausage roll and pies the other day  ::) but no bad eyes and not itchy skin yey!!

You could definately be right re the happy honey though – i have a feeling the staining started after i went mobile – and shes definately a happier girl now shes back at work every day with me  :-*

And yep to the water too – its def different it tastes like s*** i wont drink it  😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime