Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

STOP!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    KarenM

I bought one, but never got into using it…he was doing fine w/out one in training, so I didn’t want to confuse him.  can I use a clicker for some things and not others?

kizkiznobite

yes thats fine as long as you know how to use it – it is very precise and must be used correctly but it gets all behaviours very firm with dogs that are willing to work for deliverable reward.

Anonymous

Hi,

Bonnie can do stop 15 in a row C1 perfect whistle+vis but drop the vis and she’s just ignoring stop whistle and recalling to me.  Any thoughts ?

Also, once shes done it 15 times in a row at C1 when i start the new session seeing as she wont work without the vis am i going for another 15 before trying again whistle only ?

And another thing … 😉  C2 throwing treats for whistle recall she leaving them and coming back anyway – tried all over garden incase she wee’d where i threw them.  More thoughts needed ?  Treats not high enough ?? 

Cheers,

Claire x

p.s. dont buy dried liver to use as training treats its a bugger to cut up lol !!!

kizkiznobite

[quote author=piglet link=topic=2699.msg53983#msg53983 date=1152730963]

And another thing … 😉  C2 throwing treats for whistle recall she leaving them and coming back anyway – tried all over garden incase she wee’d where i threw them.  More thoughts needed ?  Treats not high enough ?? 
    [/quote]

ok with this no worries – coming back to you is a higher reward (brose was like this and it mega good) – get 10 fluent then bingo out of hand

leave the stop until i come next week – something not right – need to see/hear this might be cos of above – best place to be is soooo around your feet 🙂

Anonymous

hi, oh she’ll do 15 C2 whistle only no worries – its just untidy that she dont get the treats 😉

she will do vis/whistle sit now too 🙂

stop is still red hot with vis cue … i told u i promised not to burn it out 🙂 

Claire x

Killer, my dog, can sit, dance, stand on 2 legs(back), and stop on cue. He’s 4 years and I’m training him to lay. He’s doing a good job, too. And I’m also training him to be good to other ppl…… And I want him to compete in one of those Ukanuba Dog Shows. He’s a Standard Short-haired chihuahua.

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome from me and the clumsey’s and bless him – bright boy and well done for the training – nice pic ;D

Anonymous

hello and welcome he looks very cute!  ;D

thanks! if you saw his other pictures……… -ShakesHead- i call him my demon puppeh for a reason…… his eyes………… -Shudders- they glow white………..

kizkiznobite

you just need to stop him biting then don’t you

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=2699.msg54424#msg54424 date=1152912502]
    you just need to stop him biting then don’t you
    [/quote]

me?

kizkiznobite

you said in another post that he has bitten 4 people – i am saying you need to teach him not to or you risk having him put to sleep

*Nick*

ok, I know this is an old post but I have a question.

I’ve just started the stop training, in the hallway, treat tossed over her head, click as she turns to look at me (usually still eating her treat) with arm up….

when do I throw the next treat? sometimes she starts back to me and sometimes she just stays in place waiting for the next throw…if she stays in place should I call her to me?  I don’t want her to get used to grabbing the treat then immediately heading back

it’s too soon to introduce the whistle blast so we’re just using the arm signal

tia

*Nick*

also, this seems to be a pretty high “stress” challenge…should I keep training sessions very short, like 10 minutes?

kizkiznobite

noooo

you dont click her for looking at you – you click her for the stop

so it like playing darts – she coming towards you – you raise arm – the reasing is part of the cue so a heavy sweep up – all very visual – treat between the middle finger and thumb first finger high in air – flick wrist as if taking aim she stops you click and as the wrist goes forward the second time you release the treat over her head – when it fluent on visula then and only then do you add the whistle – normal rule new cue old

there is a vid on here somewhere of claire doing it with bonnie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime