Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Stranglers Desease? (SP)

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Stranglers Desease? (SP)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

sol – sorry you’ve lost me !!

i’m not sure what you think i have to do with kennels that have poor hygene and/or care standards, place inappropriate dogs into inexperienced foster care and dont bother with puppies ?

i also dont really see where the ‘pet breeder’ profits or is excused from their duties directly through the work i do.

and Mark – you posted on a forum full of people who dont support pet breeding !!!  you CANNOT take this issue out of this puppy – its fact your friend chose to support a pet breeder by taking on her “rubbish”.  You seem to say that its OK to support these people if the puppies have already been born.

claire.

Anonymous

and Mark – you didnt say anything about “pet breeding” actually.

kizkiznobite

advice was given mark….

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12008.msg234178#msg234178 date=1217776231]

and Mark – you posted on a forum full of people who dont support pet breeding !!!  claire.
    [/quote]

And that makes it ok for you to make her feel like crap? The trouble with you Claire is that you don’t think before you post. I made it quite clear that i was not looking for a debate on pet breeding but my feelings have been completely disregarded.

How do you think that might make me feel Claire?

kizkiznobite

prob about the same way i am feeling re the rescue comment actually…

posts go off on a tangent…it a fact of life…the tangent increases according to the repsonse…that also a fact of life……

we have passion about what we are and about what we do…..advice was given mark….
    a reply post was made with  😉 ..we read into that what we do…

sorry if you feel compromised…really i am but…for me the tangent of a sweeping statement as a defense response had to be replied to ….

Anonymous

I gave advice on this topic but have to say, I too am not only a KC registered breeder but have given a lifetime to rescue.
    In my opinion, Yes Claire can take off at hundred and ten miles and hour running on pure passion but in this case I think she’s right, we cannot say no to puppy farmers and pet breeders then just say yes to this one especially as she seem to think so lowly of others that do not pet buy but spend buckets of their own hard earn cash rescuing dogs that need rescuing.

This breeder should not have been rescued from what she bred, as it may have made her think again.

I for one pray she neuters this bitch and that the puppy has some form of a normal life
    Val

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12008.msg234186#msg234186 date=1217777687]
    prob about the same way i am feeling re the rescue comment actually…

posts go off on a tangent…it a fact of life…the tanget increases according to the repsonse…that also a fact of life……

we have passion about what we are and about what we do…..advice was given mark….
    a reply post was made with  😉 ..we read into that what we do…

sorry if you feel compromised…really i am but…for me the tangent of a sweeping statement as a defense response had to be replied to ….

[/quote]

I don’t feel compromised as much as i feel embarrassed Bev. I actually thought that i had established myself & gained respect quite well here to the point that i could at least refer a friend here in need of advice without her being badgered off the site because she has a different opinion to people here, in all honesty i feel completely embarrassed that i even thought of referring her here.

Anonymous

Mark – i dont know “how it might make you feel” because i have aspergers – that means that i DONT HAVE the capacity to do the mental agility required.  quite frankly i have mentioned it before and am getting sick of your intolerant attitude. 

It is not YOUR Post that sparked things so I have no idea why you are choosing to continue trying to make it your problem – it is the OWNERS snug as you like post “well i got the pup and its fine so ner” that started the debate.

I’m pleased the owner is actually beginning to think about the fact she’s acted as a refuse service to a pet breeder.  “the pups are here now” is not even close to a defense!

Perhaps the OWNER would like to consider your feelings before she parades her prize pup she was advised to stay away from here about !!!  Its HER you should be pissed with – not people who are fighting against puppy farming

Perhaps the OWNER should also not post pathetic stupid things at ME like “rescues support pet breeders” … dear me get a life !!

and again – just for mark !!!

IT WAS THE OWNER WHO STARTED THE DEBATE NOT YOU – THERE WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ONE IF SHE POSTED WHAT SHE DID ON HERE !!!

kizkiznobite

mark…sorry but…the poster continued the debate not you….advice was given …then came the ‘all clear’…then came the heavy debate then came the sweeping statement…that is not you view or your ethos or your reply….that was upto the poster and as i said for me…….so why feel embarrassed? ..we do what we do mark…we guide where we guide and we do our best…your respect is well assured hun…

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12008.msg234194#msg234194 date=1217778624]
    Mark – i dont know “how it might make you feel” because i have aspergers – that means that i DONT HAVE the capacity to do the mental agility required.  quite frankly i have mentioned it before and am getting sick of your intolerant attitude. 

It is not YOUR Post that sparked things so I have no idea why you are choosing to continue trying to make it your problem – it is the OWNERS snug as you like post “well i got the pup and its fine so ner” that started the debate.

I’m pleased the owner is actually beginning to think about the fact she’s acted as a refuse service to a pet breeder.  “the pups are here now” is not even close to a defense!

Perhaps the OWNER would like to consider your feelings before she parades her prize pup she was advised to stay away from here about !!!  Its HER you should be pissed with – not people who are fighting against puppy farming

Perhaps the OWNER should also not post pathetic stupid things at ME like “rescues support pet breeders” … dear me get a life !!

and again – just for mark !!!

IT WAS THE OWNER WHO STARTED THE DEBATE NOT YOU – THERE WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ONE IF SHE POSTED WHAT SHE DID ON HERE !!!
    [/quote]

MY intolerent attitude?? You are hardly the most tolerant person on here Claire & quite frankly that’s a bit of a joke coming from you.

Anonymous

and maybe i am getting sick of the “jokes” made on here about me i cannot help that my brain doesnt work the same as all of yours – should i shuffle off to a nice forum for people with mental problems maybe, yes that would probably suit everyone nicely.

infact going on recent form from my so-called bloody friends – i should shuffle off the planet and it would be a better place for it.

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12008.msg234196#msg234196 date=1217778866]
    mark…sorry but…the poster continued the debate not you….advice was given …then came the ‘all clear’…then came the heavy debate then came the sweeping statement…that is not you view or your ethos or your reply….that was upto the poster and as i said for me…….so why feel embarrassed? ..we do what we do mark…we guide where we guide and we do our best…your respect is well assured hun…
    [/quote]

I feel embarrassed because i genuinely directed her here with the best intentions but i feel like she has just been chased off the site. I was the one who referred her here so naturally i feel embarrassed about doing so because it was not obvious to me that it was such a sin against Dogclub to ask advice on something of that nature.

I genuinely wish i had not asked for advice on the subject because as obvious as it may be to others here, it was not obvious to me that it would be interpreted the way it was. I now feel confused about what sort of dog owners it is appropriate to refer here.

kizkiznobite

mark…have i lost the plot here?…you know me well enough by now so if so please tell me…

advice was given

the post went off on a tangent as happens

a person comes on with a subtle declaration of being the owner and then makes a response

the response is defensive and in my view not acceptable re rescues

i then have a right to reply to that do i not?  not as a mod …or even as a behaviourist but as ME..bev..the human …do i not?

this was not your problem…we…as in us as in the mods, the experienced, the owners, the rescuers can surely reply…surely the OP is responsible for her own posts?

or am i losing the plot…

you can direct anyone here…the answers may not be what they want to hear..maybe they will be..but having directed then then your bit is done…is it not?

Anonymous

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12008.msg234209#msg234209 date=1217779706]
    mark…have i lost the plot here?…you know me well enough by now so if so please tell me…

advice was given

the post went off on a tangent as happens

a person comes on with a subtle declaration of being the owner and then makes a response

the response is defensive and in my view not acceptable re rescues

i then have a right to reply to that do i not?  not as a mod …or even as a behaviourist but as ME..bev..the human …do i not?

this was not your problem…we…as in us as in the mods, the experienced, the owners, the rescuers can surely reply…surely the OP is responsible for her own posts?

or am i losing the plot…

you can direct anyone here…the answers may not be what they want to hear..maybe they will be..but having directed then then your bit is done…is it not?
    [/quote]

Of course Bev, but i feel it was a wrong decision to have made in hindsight. If i had been aware that the subject was something that would not be viewed very highly then it goes without saying that i may not have raised the subject here because i obviously don’t make a habit of raising subjects that as a group we are against the fuller implications of.

Advice was given yes, but the whole topic did appear to be met with a ‘cagey’ approach, which at the time i couldn’t understand. It was almost as if it were a forbidden subject because people didn’t really seem to want to discuss it at any length & it was quickly put to one side.

Anonymous

IMO Mark you are being a sensitive soul which I can understand as she’s a friend.
    I have never met you but I think I know you a little  ;D through your Cass, in your heart of hearts I think you are sensible enough to have turned your back on this pup.
    I think this topic was entered with caution she was your friend but friend or not her reply was that she knew it all she never even posted that she was your friend.
    There is not much to say about Stranglers really it’s genetic, it’s not common, and the outcome is not good a lot of pain and long term affects.
    Don’t take it too much to heart
    Val

Advice was given yes, but the whole topic did appear to be met with a ‘cagey’ approach, which at the time i couldn’t understand. It was almost as if it were a forbidden subject because people didn’t really seem to want to discuss it at any length & it was quickly put to one side.
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Stranglers Desease? (SP)’ is closed to new replies.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime