Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Suspected Lepto booster reaction

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Suspected Lepto booster reaction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bevers2406

Can I refer you to a very long blog I’ve just posted about the death of Taiga, a young Beardie from a suspected booster reaction. Lorraine the owner is very keen to have his story aired as widely as possible – hence my risking the usual abuse here!

(http://coldwetnose.blogspot.com/2009/01/shot-in-dark.html)

To vaccinate or not – and how frequently to boost – is a very personal choice, but Lorraine woudl like as many people as possible to be as informed as possible when making these choices.

Taiga’s story is upsetting. He did not reach three and had a horrible death.

regards to all my fans here(!)
    Beverley

I did read this and it was upsetting.  I cant imagine how it feels to not have any idea or control over the situation.  Thank doG i dont vaccinate!  🙁

Anonymous

Same here Foxy

🙁

Anonymous

Hi,

I am SOOO glad I dont vaccinate !!

I feel so sorry for this dog and owner as I expect they were only following vets advice 🙁  This is exactly why we NEED dogboard to make sure we keep getting the message out there to question professionals 🙁

RIP lovely beardie x x

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Is Lepto one of the ones you would routinely vaccinate for??

If so, then (having just gone through the rigmarole of reinsuring Rafe) if you don’t vaccinate OR have proof of giving your dog an alternative homeopathic “vaccination” (I know I’ve got my words wrong, but you know what I mean) then you ARE NOT COVERED by your insurance.

So p’raps those in the know could put a link to the homeopathic alternative on here for those that choose that route?  Please…  :embarrass:

*Lassie*

[quote author=Justine&Rafe link=topic=13557.msg259498#msg259498 date=1233599078]
    Is Lepto one of the ones you would routinely vaccinate for??

If so, then (having just gone through the rigmarole of reinsuring Rafe) if you don’t vaccinate OR have proof of giving your dog an alternative homeopathic “vaccination” (I know I’ve got my words wrong, but you know what I mean) then you ARE NOT COVERED by your insurance.

So p’raps those in the know could put a link to the homeopathic alternative on here for those that choose that route?  Please…  :embarrass:

[/quote]

You are not covered for things you could have a vaccination for but you are covered for everything else

*Lassie*
    *Lassie*
    Anonymous

hi,

i dont vacc or use a replacement so i am not covered for illnesses that they usually vac for.  i take responsibility to pay if they need it or if they die from vacc illnesses.  my choice as i dont want vacc induced immune failure – its usually a life of terrible pain and suffering.

claire.

Justine&Rafe

Good stuff, ta for clarifying!

And ta for linkies too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime