Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Tea

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

As in the stuff you drink… if you are me lots and lots and lots of.

Does anyone know – apart from taste, what is the difference between English Breakfast tea and Earl Grey tea, or does anyone know where I can find out?

I have a very good reason for wanting to know… down to any difference in chemicals etc….

Anonymous

difference in the leaves i would think

Anonymous

Black tea flavored by oil pressed from the bergamot rind, this is a spicy, citrusy tea with ample body. It is the legendary Earl Grey.

its the processing not the leaves which creates differences – oxidation

Anonymous

tea’s like earl grey have petals / other leaves / chemicals mixed in to give the taste whereas bt is a blend of normal tea.

GSPmad

I need to try and find out what is in one but not the other – either way round – so might be something in EG which isn’t in EB or vice versa… may be on a false trail but I do wonder… Twinings make the ones I get… are they likely to have information somewhere which will say or will I have to write to them do you think? It sounds like it might be something that is in EG but isn’t in EB from what you’ve said.

Mudgie

email them terry or check out their website

http://www.twinings.co.uk

GSPmad

Thanks Mudge – it didn’t say so have used their contact form – will see if I get a response.  :crazy:

Anonymous

Hi,

I think there would be more in terms of “ingredients” in EG as its a scented tea.

Claire x

Anonymous

A good Earl Grey is just premium black tea with oil of Bergamot

GSPmad

does oil of bergamot have any sort of properties etc – is there any info about it anywhere?

Anonymous

The bergamot fruit is not edible because the pulp is far too sour. As a result, the bergamot tree is primarily cultivated for its valuable essential oil. Bergamot oil is cold pressed from the fruit peel. It has a sweet & fruity scent. Bergamot oil is documented in old herbal texts. Some traditional uses: balancing nervous system, relieving anxiety and stress, lifting melancholy, for restful sleep, antiviral, cold sores, psoriasis, eczema and insect repellent. Bergamot may cause skin sensitivity to bright sunlight. Emotional profile: to relieve helplessness, hopelessness, emptiness and grief. Blends with: lavender, neroli, jasmine, coriander, juniper, chamomile, lemon, geranium, and cypress

Also along with other citrus oils it is phototoxic, and bergamot is especially so. Avoid exposure to the sun if used on the skin there are loads of uses for it do you need those as well or is this enough info
    Val

GSPmad

yes val… brilliant, thanks.  🙂

the bits about relieving anxiety and stress, lifting melancholy…

is there anywhere you can get it (cos i prefer my EB tea to the Earl Grey  😀 ) and what would you put it in to drink it?

thanks.  🙂

Anonymous

It’s a very bitter fruit I know where you are coming from but I would not take that path it can affects the metabolism in a variety of pharmaceutical drugs, so thats not good for you.
    The way to go is aromatherapy much better for you personally.
    In fact the Bergamot fruit was one of the first put into perfumes so go sniff it dear it’s safer or get the taste for Earl Grey, there is a company that makes a double dose of it so per cup you would get the benefit of two  :ok: company by the name of Stash think thats how it’s spelt
    Val

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12772.msg246578#msg246578 date=1224764230]
    yes val… brilliant, thanks.  🙂

the bits about relieving anxiety and stress, lifting melancholy…

is there anywhere you can get it (cos i prefer my EB tea to the Earl Grey  😀 ) and what would you put it in to drink it?

thanks.  🙂
    [/quote]

GSPmad

i used to have a taste for earl grey but then went off it… hence box of teabags has been in cupboard for a while, i always just replenish the english breakfast, apart from when i forget…. which has only been once….  😉

how would it work for aromatherapy? can i just buy it as an essential oil, and would i need to put it in some sort of carrier oil – what would i do with it? i am an aromatherapy rookie.  ;D

-Alison-

Val, the bit about it being used to treat ezcema, how is that done? Is it used in a carrier? Have a nine year old here suffered with it for years and right now her skin is getting worse again, they just keep giving her stronger and different steroids. I never gave anything like this a thought :help:

sorry Terry, dont mean to hijack, that just caught my eye what Val said :embarrass:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime