Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Tea

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

no, that’s OK – I have eczema as well actually… and asthma… and…

anyway.  ;D i know what the eczema is like.

have they done intradermal allergy testing, and gone for stuff like trying to eliminate dust mites etc (think with me it was more or the asthma but it did help, and both are atopy), using non bio washing powder (bio makes me itch something rotten if clothes are washed in it) – that sort of stuff?

Anonymous

I guess you are looking for chill out oils  :agree: if so you can use it on it’s own but you can add to other chill out oils yes put it in a carrier oil and add some any or all  lavender, marjoram, geranium, mandarin, and cardamom
    On its own bergamot is fresh, sweet, fruity,and a little spicy
    Val

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12772.msg246586#msg246586 date=1224767078]
    i used to have a taste for earl grey but then went off it… hence box of teabags has been in cupboard for a while, i always just replenish the english breakfast, apart from when i forget…. which has only been once….  😉

how would it work for aromatherapy? can i just buy it as an essential oil, and would i need to put it in some sort of carrier oil – what would i do with it? i am an aromatherapy rookie.  ;D
    [/quote]

GSPmad

am looking for chill out anything.  😀

is pure peach kernel oil that i have had for a lot of years (probably about 10  😮 ) a carrier oil?

i know i have lavender, may have some of the others… bought a few to make your insect repellant stuff and never got round to it.  ::)

[quote author=Val link=topic=12772.msg246592#msg246592 date=1224768059]
    I guess you are looking for chill out oils  :agree: if so you can use it on it’s own but you can add to other chill out oils yes put it in a carrier oil and add some any or all  lavender, marjoram, geranium, mandarin, and cardamom
    On its own bergamot is fresh, sweet, fruity,and a little spicy
    Val

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12772.msg246586#msg246586 date=1224767078]
    i used to have a taste for earl grey but then went off it… hence box of teabags has been in cupboard for a while, i always just replenish the english breakfast, apart from when i forget…. which has only been once….  😉

how would it work for aromatherapy? can i just buy it as an essential oil, and would i need to put it in some sort of carrier oil – what would i do with it? i am an aromatherapy rookie.  ;D
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

GSPmad

oh – and how much of what do i put into what?  ??? thanks.  🙂

Anonymous

Hi,

I have probably got a burner, candles and some carrier you can have Terry.

I’ll have a look what oils I have – deffo got lav and probably other chill out ones knowing me

in a burner i would put them in water if one oil just 2-3 drops and if a mix 1-2 drops of each and see how u like it.  oils affect dogs too so if you are in a quandry about what to use ask Dor what he likes.  do a hand test and he’ll sniff/lick ones he likes.

Claire x

Anonymous

Don’t let him lick the oils you can put a smear on your light bulbs as the bulb heats up MMmm it’s lovely
    and well out of the way of a dog
    Val

Anonymous

oh – why not let him lick them Val ?

when i did my course i was told to test any oils i was going to burn on wills dog first to see if he liked them ok ?

Claire x

p.s. i have got …

Lavender  –  relaxing in small qty / stimulating in large qty (go easy on drops!)
    Corriander – odd smell, bought it because I like the leaves and it goes nice with lime
    Eucalyptus – use for sinus problems
    Chamomile – sleepy good for babies that need to relax
    Vetiver – dunno – smells odd, probably got it coz it makes u feel better i would think !
    Lime – luvverly smell quite lifting

i dunno what they officially all do but my comments are above

and i havent got any carrier oil but i have got …

some bath carrier, toner carrier, moisturiser carrier, cleanser carrier, showergel carrier … if you fancy having a real mad OD on smelli-ness !!

GSPmad

could fancy some camomile and lime please (and possibly vetiver?  ??? ). have already got lavender and eucalyptus – 20+ yrs ago was under instructions from doctor to inhale eucalyptus in steam (bowl of boiling water, eucalyptus in, head over bowl with towel over it all 2 catch steam ) for bunged up ears\ sinuses and asthma (i get all at once often). now it says on bottle you aren’t meant to inhale it if you have asthma i think – but am sure dr i had 20 years ago knows best and it does unbung sinuses well so i use it anyway.  ;D

Anonymous

Vetiver oil is known as the ‘oil of tranquility’ because of its calming properties that why you have it  ;D
    Not a favourite of mine smells like what you walk on in forest.
    just because something is natural doesn’t mean it’s good for you. There are a number of essential oils that have chemical components that, while completely natural, need to be used with caution.

Phototoxicity – these essential oils become toxic when exposed to direct sunlight
    Plain Old Toxicity – at certain levels, these essential oils will make you sick, or hurt you in some way – whether in the light or not. which usually means using them in low concentrations.
    Below are some of the essential oils that must be used with varying levels of caution:
    Phototoxic Essential Oils

angelica root
    bergamot (unless it’s specified as “bergaptene-free”)
    cumin
    ginger
    lemon
    lime
    lovage
    mandarin
    orange
    verbena
    Toxic Essential Oils
    anise (star)
    aniseed
    bay laurel
    bay (West Indian)
    calamintha
    camphor (white)
    cassia
    cedarwood (Virginian)
    cinnamon (leaf)
    clove (bud)
    coriander
    eucalyptus
    fennel (sweet)
    hops
    hyssop
    juniper
    nutmeg
    parsley
    pepper (black)
    sage (Spanish)
    tagetes
    tarragon
    thyme (white)
    turmeric
    valerian
    Just because they’re on this list doesn’t mean you can’t use these oils
    It just means you need to do your research beforehand and know exactly what the characteristics and cautions of that particular oil is. For example, eucalyptus essential oil is generally known to be non-toxic and non-irritating when diluted properly, but it can be very toxic if taken internally. Cinnamon, clove, and many of the “spice” essential oils, can be used safely but can be irritating if used in too high a concentration

GSPmad

so if you’re making up essential oils in carrier oil to sniff – just whang some carrier oil in a bottle, chuck in a few drops of the essential oils and bam that’s it, or does it need to be more scientific and measured?  🙂

Anonymous

Your old Dr was spot on eucalyptus oil acts as an expectorant (loosens phlegm in the respiratory passages), antiseptic (prevents infection), and deodorant. Like eucalyptus oil, the leaves of the eucalyptus plant contain substances that have expectorant, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties, but the leaves are also believed to help reduce inflammation and reduce fevers. In fact, one study conducted in Russia found that an alcoholic extract containing eucalyptus leaves helps relieve chronic ear infections. Many researchers believe that the beneficial effect of the eucalyptus tincture may have been due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
    Val

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12772.msg246643#msg246643 date=1224785181]
    could fancy some camomile and lime please (and possibly vetiver?  ??? ). have already got lavender and eucalyptus – 20+ yrs ago was under instructions from doctor to inhale eucalyptus in steam (bowl of boiling water, eucalyptus in, head over bowl with towel over it all 2 catch steam ) for bunged up ears\ sinuses and asthma (i get all at once often). now it says on bottle you aren’t meant to inhale it if you have asthma i think – but am sure dr i had 20 years ago knows best and it does unbung sinuses well so i use it anyway.  ;D
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Hi,

aha – thats why the bottles are brown then innit 😀

i have got a spare empty bottle i think 🙂

Claire x

Anonymous

Your right and thats why it is not safe for a dog to lick it innit  ;D

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12772.msg246654#msg246654 date=1224789398]
    Hi,

aha – thats why the bottles are brown then innit 😀

i have got a spare empty bottle i think 🙂

Claire x
    [/quote]

Anonymous

ooh ops – i would like to say it never did wills any harm but well …. he is a bit of a muppet really !!! 😀

found a 2nd mixing bottle for you aswell terry – just packing your stuff now 😀

claire x

Anonymous

p.s.  anything practical (tea / milk … ) that you need bringing ? 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime