Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Tearing

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Tearing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    puppyblues

I am having a real problem with Scoobys tearing. He is teething, but its so bad. I tried the apple cider in his water but he would not drink it. I have asked around and researched but only seem to find bad things like “angel eyes”
    He is still on kibble as I am still waiting for his diet plan from Bev but I hate to keep bothering her as she has had so much on her plate.
    It was not like this when I got him from the breeder. So I would appreciate any cleaning and keeping dry and fixing this tips, Please.
    Jo x

its probably the food. if you can get some optrex eyedrops i found that helped with honey – the ones for tired/dry eyes not for contact lense wears  🙂

Val

I would suggest you go and read Suz posts on staining and read my reply.
    IMO it’s not rocket science to feed a dog fresh food all these diets were never around when dogs were healthy and I was younger  ;D, there is never the right vits and mins in balls in a bag anyway just get her onto fresh food there is loads on this board about food that will help with both her tears and her teething and give the pup a bone
    Val

puppyblues

So would you get zinc and vitamin c from change in diet or in vitamin form? Thanks Suz I will get some optrex for him. He is such a furry boy hard to keep clean and brushed as it hurts him 🙁

Val

Get him on a better diet first then see how his eyes are as for grooming hurting it only hurts if he has knots or you are using the wrong gear

[quote author=puppyblues link=topic=14863.msg273331#msg273331 date=1257001247]
    So would you get zinc and vitamin c from change in diet or in vitamin form? Thanks Suz I will get some optrex for him. He is such a furry boy hard to keep clean and brushed as it hurts him 🙁

[/quote]

yup grooming doesnt hurt – just got to do it regular, get into a routine – what you using to groom him with?

puppyblues

Around his eyes a flea comb . And damping it down with water. But even a couple of times a day it still gets stuck together. Could I do this a better way?

a flea comb will hurt a long coated breed. you need agreyhound comb thats fine for around faces, finer end, its sticking cos his face is tearing – sort the tears his face wil be much easier to keep clean.

Val

If you are cleaning his face twice a day I think you need to get his tear ducts checked by a vet,also you need to check he has not got a second row of lashes, sounds to me he has a problem or a severe  allergy to something he’s being fed
    Val

[quote author=puppyblues link=topic=14863.msg273386#msg273386 date=1257191164]
    Around his eyes a flea comb . And damping it down with water. But even a couple of times a day it still gets stuck together. Could I do this a better way?
    [/quote]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime