Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

The late John Carter on London Tonight

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News The late John Carter on London Tonight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Bevers2406

Just blogged after seeing an item on ITV’s London Tonight on this great late pioneering vet.

http://coldwetnose.blogspot.com/2009/01/john-carter-from-beyond-grave.html

A year after his death the amazing cancer drug and diet regime has been licensed in Europe for use on animals.

Brilliant news!

Beverley

Anonymous

I wonder if it works on Spam?  :embarrass:

Bevers2406

Did you bother to read it?

If you think its funny to joke about cancer then you’ve probably not yet lost anyone to it.

Anonymous

Can you show me where i joked about cancer please? Obviously it went right over your head that i was taking the piss out of you spamming your poxy blog YET again. Can’t you use Google to get more page hits than forever coming here ‘telling’ us to read your blog woman?

ETA: It might surprise you but your blog isn’t the only place people can read about this subject, but i notice you don’t just post a link to the story from the news yesterday like anyone else would, instead you have to take yet another oportunity to promote yourself – and that’s what gets on my tits about you Bevers my dear.  😉

Bevers2406

Have you read it?

No.

And that is what gets right on my tits Mark because this is a VERY personal story about the man who saved my dog, very nearly saved my dad. Where is this story elsewhere on the web in the depth it is on my blog? No one else knows as much about this story as me because I have been involved in it deeply since 1991. Last night John Carter’s son found my blog and thanked me for it as he had missed the programme himself. I have been emailing with a number of people looking for a UK vet who can prescribe CV247 – all had been surfing web and hadn’t found much to help – all the links for CV247 are on my blog incidentally. I am about to talk to the manufacturers and am heping identify possible UK vets to become stockists. The many people who took part in the clinical trials in the last 15-20 years may not have been watching London Tonight last night and I was hoping to reach as many of them as possible to cheer them up with the news that at last this gentle alternative to chemo may soon be available to all. John died last year, broken hearted that his method had not achieved its licence.

Your sniping saps my energy, I sometimes wonder what is the point in trying to do anything! I was interested in the news that a man’s life’s work would not be in vain, that other people may not lose their pets or parents to cancer or see them ravaged by ineffective and destructive chemo. But sorry to mention it here – do get back to the important deep world stopping discussions that I may have distracted you from.

Spam? Yes I very obviously won’t coming around for tea at your house.

kendal

very interesting, Gran suffered 6 cancers in 7 years, the chemo was very harsh on her and the majority of the time they gave her a so called new drug it was just the same one as she had had before. she could rime them off faster than the doctors could pull up her file to check what she had been given be for.

sorry i didn’t properly read your blog just skimmed through it, but watched the link. hope it get full approval soon.

Anonymous

If anyone is interested in you, your magazine, your blog, what you think about anything, then you’ve already told them 101 times where to find you and your opinions.  :whatever:

And that is said with no disrespect to the Late John Carter.

You only ever post on here for self promotion.  You show no interest in any other members’ dogs, families, problems or pleasures, but you expect everyone else to be interested in you.  And you wonder why they’re not??  :what:

Anonymous

[quote author=Rough link=topic=13575.msg259010#msg259010 date=1233244289]
    If anyone is interested in you, your magazine, your blog, what you think about anything, then you’ve already told them 101 times where to find you and your opinions.  :whatever:

And that is said with no disrespect to the Late John Carter.

You only ever post on here for self promotion.  You show no interest in any other members’ dogs, families, problems or pleasures, but you expect everyone else to be interested in you.  And you wonder why they’re not??  :what:
    [/quote]

Sorry but I think thats very unfair >:(, Beverley has been very generous over the the past couple of years giving us prizes for our DRA & fun dog shows, why shouldnt she promote herself and her business, its no different from people joining this board getting free advice from people who would normally
    be charging for it then buggering off never to be seen again.
    Just because you personally dont like people doesnt mean you should use the forum to slag them off infront of others, if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

-Alison-

Do you know what IMHO some of the stick that this OP comes in for on here is both below the belt and uncalled for, and sometimes deeply personal. Whats wrong with people, why do you have to be so rude and aggressive? If you dont like the OP then either dont post or ban or delete her, just dont show yourselves up with this school playground attitude of sniping, picking and bitching all the time. Its highly embarressing to read and is the one thing what really really puts me off from posting or asking for help on here.

Where is your tolerance for other people. The OP is just another person underneath the editors hat, some of the remarks I have seen on here over the last year or so should leave some of you ashamed, whilst hiding behind your computer screens. Straight talking is one thing, I expect that from on here, but rudeness  >:( You should be ashamed of yourselves, where is your humanity for heavens sake

Sue (Jaydex) well said  :ok:

Izzie

[quote author=-Alison- link=topic=13575.msg259016#msg259016 date=1233246643]
    If you dont like the OP then either dont post or ban or delete her, just dont show yourselves up with this school playground attitude of sniping, picking and bitching all the time. Its highly embarressing to read and is the one thing what really really puts me off from posting or asking for help on here.

[/quote]

Only mods can ban posters Ali  😉

If you cant say anything nice, dont say it at all – simple.

Anonymous

Alison I am the one with the delete button so putting my mod hat to one side I have to say
    Beverley does only come on here to promote her blog she has a lifetime in dogs and could well pop a post on here now and then to be of help to dog owners but doesn’t choose too.
    A link to the news item would be fine but as usual it’s all about the blog first.
    So I can see why posters get a bit OTT.
    As for you staying quote ”one thing what really really puts me off from posting or asking for help on here”
    I don’t see or rather read anyone having a go at you about anything on this board.

Where as some do have a problem with Beverley and all that has gone on with the world of pedigree dogs and one sided programmes and in that light I think she has got off lightly on this board, her shoulders are broad and if they are not she should walk away and stop promoting her blog.
    I would much prefer posters to ignore blog posts rather than be rude as members are free to post what they like within reason
    Val

-Alison-

[quote author=Val link=topic=13575.msg259029#msg259029 date=1233248172]

As for you staying quote ”one thing what really really puts me off from posting or asking for help on here”
    I don’t see or rather read anyone having a go at you about anything on this board.

I would much prefer posters to ignore blog posts rather than be rude as members are free to post what they like within reason
    Val

[/quote]

No one has had a go at me Val, nor did I say anyone had, what I did say is that people do put me off from posting because there is a distinct lack of tolerance on here and my personal feelings are that I would sooner talk to people via pm than put my problems on a board where I feel I could be shot down in flames for something Ive done/not done/said/etc, but hey ho that is my choice. Incidentally I stopped posting very much after a post I made about Merlin getting a smack on the nose  :whatever:

It just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth reading what some people write at times. Why cant they not just ignore the blog posts as you suggested? In my book its what spoils this site for me which is a shame as the wealth & fountains of knowledge on here is simply amazing and Ive been very grateful for this site and its posters on more than one occasion :-*. Call me ungrateful if you like, I dont care, but it is the one thing what spoils DB for me.

Incidentally the Big C is something very close to our hearts in this family, having lost a total of 3 immediate family members, plus 2 who thankfully survived plus 6 close and good friends in the last 10 years, so this time round at least I read this blog with empathy. And from someone who IS seeing it from close quarters I too, took offence at Marks post. Too flippant over something that devastates lives and families.

Izzie, you put it just right  :-*

quote :

If you cant say anything nice, dont say it at all – simple.

Bevers2406

Thank you for those that put their heads above the parapet!
    I am so touched by it, it gives me hope that there are more good people than bad in the world!

It does upset me when the word ‘moderator’ really means ‘I don’t like her stance on a totally unrelated issue so do feel free to pick on this woman as much as you like she’s not one of us’.

It is schoolyard at its very worst and that is why I have not bothered stopping by here in a very long time.

I don’t think this should be exclusively Rough, Val and co’s pack, it should be an open forum for people who care about dogs.

I thought the issues that made me risk inevitable and predictable abuse were actually more significant that the inevitable irritation.

I really don’t give a stuff whether Val, Rough and Mark like me. I’ve done my best to be civil – to try to show them a three dimensional human being who just like them loves dogs with a passion –  and as they won’t give me a break, life moves on!

What I wanted to do by dropping by here was reach anyone who already knew of John Carter or anyone who had a pet with cancer who might be helped by this story. Linking to the TV clip alone wouldn’t be a great help as it is a very temperamental link and isn’t accessible outside the UK and will disappear in 6 days. It also doesn’t give you any contact details or any bridge to the next part of the story. Via the blog you can laso talk to a sympathetic human being and hopefully get vets using this great drug asap as when your pet has cancer you want help yesterday if possible, I know – I’ve been there.

I happen to know a great deal about this story as it has touched my life very deeply, so it does hurt when my motivations are trivialised. And as to how wide my shoulders are Val, how would you know? I am feeling very vulnerable actually – this is a very emotional subject for me. I cared a lot about John, he tried so hard to save my dad and losing both my parents to cancer in the last few years makes me very reactive and someone taking the p out of me when I’m already weepy does make me question why I bother trying to do anything to help other people when they can be so unspeakably mean.

And in any case, how come I’m to blame for everything? If there’d been sensible, measured health reforms over the decades instead of this dreadful mess there’d have been nothing for the documentary makers to highlight… Have you never heard the phrase – don’t shoot the messenger? It’s so boring – please stop using me as your whipping boy – reform was long overdue, get over it, it’s obvious – move on –  stop picking at scabs.

And Rough, what’s your particular problem? You obviously hated me on sight when I was a kid and you’ve just carried it on now for 30 odd years even though I had no idea that you were nursing this weird grudge! I know nothing about you, forget you exist until you attack me again. How much hate can a person carry around as baggage? Just get some counselling or something…

I have spent the last 18 years campaigning for an improvement in dog health and we are finally starting to see some progress on a number of fronts. How does that make me on the other side from anyone who genuinelyloves dogs?

I just came here to pass on some good news, that a wonderful and brave man had achieved his aim – even if he did die broken-hearted.

Cowardly bullies who seem to want to drive away anyone who disagrees with them leaving only one voice in their cosy little world…

And to the nasty few, just because more people don’t bite back – it doesn’t mean they all think you’re right!

I wouldn’t normally rise to the bait, but you caught me feeling human.
    I wrote that piece from the heart and I guess that makes me vulnerable.

Good here isn’t it!

Beverley

*Lassie*

[quote author=Bevers2406 link=topic=13575.msg259044#msg259044 date=1233253379]
    Thank you for those that put their heads above the parapet!
    I am so touched by it, it gives me hope that there are more good people than bad in the world!

It does upset me when the word ‘moderator’ really means ‘I don’t like her stance on a totally unrelated issue so do feel free to pick on this woman as much as you like she’s not one of us’.

It is schoolyard at its very worst and that is why I have not bothered stopping by here in a very long time.

I don’t think this should be exclusively Rough, Val and co’s pack, it should be an open forum for people who care about dogs.

I thought the issues that made me risk inevitable and predictable abuse were actually more significant that the inevitable irritation.

I really don’t give a stuff whether Val, Rough and Mark like me. I’ve done my best to be civil – to try to show them a three dimensional human being who just like them loves dogs with a passion –  and as they won’t give me a break, life moves on!

Cowardly bullies who seem to want to drive away anyone who disagrees with them leaving only one voice in their cosy little world…

And to the nasty few, just because more people don’t bite back – it doesn’t mean they all think you’re right!

I wouldn’t normally rise to the bait, but you caught me feeling human.
    I wrote that piece from the heart and I guess that makes me vulnerable.

Good here isn’t it!
    Beverley
    [/quote]

[quote author=Val link=topic=13575.msg259029#msg259029 date=1233248172]

Where as some do have a problem with Beverley and all that has gone on with the world of pedigree dogs and one sided programmes and in that light I think she has got off lightly on this board, her shoulders are broad and if they are not she should walk away and stop promoting her blog.
    Val

[/quote]

Can’t see where Val said feel free to pick on you  ??? when this is what she said ( I would much prefer posters to ignore blog posts rather than be rude)

What you have said is ‘schoolyard at its very worst’
    Or is that what you call civil ???

We ALL have a choice, we don’t have to come on here – there are plenty of forums if we can go on if  we decide people on here are bad, nasty or bullies :agree:

Anonymous
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘The late John Carter on London Tonight’ is closed to new replies.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime