Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

The late John Carter on London Tonight

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News The late John Carter on London Tonight

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[quote author=Bevers2406 link=topic=13575.msg259002#msg259002 date=1233241213]
    Have you read it?

No.

And that is what gets right on my tits Mark because this is a VERY personal story about the man who saved my dog, very nearly saved my dad. Where is this story elsewhere on the web in the depth it is on my blog? No one else knows as much about this story as me because I have been involved in it deeply since 1991. Last night John Carter’s son found my blog and thanked me for it as he had missed the programme himself. I have been emailing with a number of people looking for a UK vet who can prescribe CV247 – all had been surfing web and hadn’t found much to help – all the links for CV247 are on my blog incidentally. I am about to talk to the manufacturers and am heping identify possible UK vets to become stockists. The many people who took part in the clinical trials in the last 15-20 years may not have been watching London Tonight last night and I was hoping to reach as many of them as possible to cheer them up with the news that at last this gentle alternative to chemo may soon be available to all. John died last year, broken hearted that his method had not achieved its licence.

Your sniping saps my energy, I sometimes wonder what is the point in trying to do anything! I was interested in the news that a man’s life’s work would not be in vain, that other people may not lose their pets or parents to cancer or see them ravaged by ineffective and destructive chemo. But sorry to mention it here – do get back to the important deep world stopping discussions that I may have distracted you from.

Spam? Yes I very obviously won’t coming around for tea at your house.

[/quote]

You’re an intelligent woman Beverly, I’m sure you can understand how your constant self promotion starts to grate on the nerves a little. Week in week out you post on here ‘telling’ people to visit your blog, yet what do you offer us in return exactly? Absolutely nothing! You never contribute a peanut to any threads on here, you never offer anyone help or advice, in fact you don’t even speak to most of us, but  you still expect to use the group as a springboard to promote your blog  which frankly equates to little more than rudeness on your part. It wouldn’t be so bad if you actually bothered to contribute to some of the topics on here and participate in the group but I’ve yet to see you do so. Like i said, all you had to do was post a link to the story like anyone else would, but it always has to be about your blog first & foremost and and gets a bit tedious after a while.

Anonymous

[quote author=-Alison- link=topic=13575.msg259035#msg259035 date=1233251954]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=13575.msg259029#msg259029 date=1233248172]

As for you staying quote ”one thing what really really puts me off from posting or asking for help on here”
    I don’t see or rather read anyone having a go at you about anything on this board.

I would much prefer posters to ignore blog posts rather than be rude as members are free to post what they like within reason
    Val

[/quote]

No one has had a go at me Val, nor did I say anyone had, what I did say is that people do put me off from posting because there is a distinct lack of tolerance on here and my personal feelings are that I would sooner talk to people via pm than put my problems on a board where I feel I could be shot down in flames for something Ive done/not done/said/etc, but hey ho that is my choice. Incidentally I stopped posting very much after a post I made about Merlin getting a smack on the nose  :whatever:

It just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth reading what some people write at times. Why cant they not just ignore the blog posts as you suggested? In my book its what spoils this site for me which is a shame as the wealth & fountains of knowledge on here is simply amazing and Ive been very grateful for this site and its posters on more than one occasion :-*. Call me ungrateful if you like, I dont care, but it is the one thing what spoils DB for me.

Incidentally the Big C is something very close to our hearts in this family, having lost a total of 3 immediate family members, plus 2 who thankfully survived plus 6 close and good friends in the last 10 years, so this time round at least I read this blog with empathy. And from someone who IS seeing it from close quarters I too, took offence at Marks post. Too flippant over something that devastates lives and families.

Izzie, you put it just right  :-*

quote :

If you cant say anything nice, dont say it at all – simple.

[/quote]

I did not make any jokes about cancer and will not sit back & not defend myself while Beverly twists things by claiming i did. We have ALL been effected by cancer in some way for god’s sake. My post was clearly nothing to do with cancer & i could quite easily twist things like Beverly and accuse her of using cancer to promote her blog. Perhaps you could show me where i made jokes about cancer, seeing as Beverly doesn’t seem to be able to.

Stop it now  🙁

If you dont like Beverlys post DONT READ them certainly dont post, there is absolutely no need, you are just inciting trouble. It says exactly who has made a post without even opening it so there is absolutely no need for this.

Anonymous

You know as much as I hate to say it, some of you ladies (Val excepted) do seem a little blinkered where certain individuals are concerned. I know you like to think of the forum as being nice & fluffy but if you look behind the real motivations of some people there’s nothing nice and fluffy about it whatsoever. The truth is (whether you like it or not) that Beverly doesn’t show the slightest bit of interest in us or our dogs, not once has she ever contributed to a single thread when someone has asked for help, she doesn’t offer any advice,  she doesn’t offer any support & she doesn’t  make any attempt whatsoever to join in with our group, she doesn’t even speak to most of us, instead she just latches on like a parasite & exploit’s the group for her own selfish ends, which is rather pitiful for someone with her background in dogs. It’s  a shame none of you have the courage to think outside your box occasionally and see what’s really going on here. I seriously doubt that Beverly would be quite so accommodating if people started spamming her blog every week  advertising their sites, in fact I daresay she would probably find it incredibly irritating. If she actually contributed something of substance to the existing topics and tried being a little more willing to offer support rather than just totally ignoring every other topic she wouldn’t be such a pest & I know for a fact several of you find it just as annoying too. The fact is she doesn’t come here to offer support to us or to give us the benefit of her long background in dogs, she comes here solely to advertise her blog first and foremost & when you question her motives she accuses  you of vile acts like making jokes about cancer.  I challenge any of you to find a single thread where she has given her time to offer help and support when someone was having serious problems with their dogs.

Justine&Rafe

Does it matter?

Should we base our actions solely on the actions of those around us?

Do two wrongs make a right?

I’d prefer to be fluffy and nice even when other people are being vile towards me (even if it’s hard to), because I’d like to think that just occasionally I can rise above it.

Yes, Bev may have accused you of something that anyone can see you did not do.  It may have come across wrong but I did think your initial post was nothing more than a naughty joke.  Made me giggle.

Don’t rise to her response though – defend yourself by all means, but don’t lower yourself to her level.

You may have been offended, but there may be people on here who found what she posted helpful.  Just bear that in mind, too.

:surrender:

Anonymous

Mark    :-X :-X  you are getting boring ::)  I do notice your the first to post in many of threads Beverley puts on here, you obviously have a problem with her, must be a  bloke thing ::) ::)

Like Suz said you know who the op is so in future dont even look if you know its going to annoy you this much 😛

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=13575.msg259071#msg259071 date=1233262887]
    Stop it now  🙁

If you dont like Beverlys post DONT READ them certainly dont post, there is absolutely no need, you are just inciting trouble. It says exactly who has made a post without even opening it so there is absolutely no need for this.

[/quote]

:agree: :yes:

Anonymous

:whatever:

Anonymous

Well as you can see girls, you’re not going to change our view at all. 

It’s a pity that you don’t feel that you know us well enough to trust our judgment – we’ve been around the dog world long before most of you were born!

I hope that this poster who you seem to think is so wonderful will give you the back up and support that you’ve been used to on here.

Take care.  🙂

Anonymous

[quote author=Rough link=topic=13575.msg259153#msg259153 date=1233339280]

It’s a pity that you don’t feel that you know us well enough to trust our judgment – we’ve been around the dog world long before most of you were born!

[/quote]

May be not Rough, but just because you’ve been around longer than us doesnt mean your right or that you know it all.

-Alison-

[quote author=Rough link=topic=13575.msg259153#msg259153 date=1233339280]

I hope that this poster who you seem to think is so wonderful will give you the back up and support that you’ve been used to on here.

Take care.  🙂

[/quote]

How very patronising

Anonymous

How very patronising

Maybe but also very true.  ;D

What does Jerry Springer say “Take care of each other”!  :yes:

Izzie

There was no need for you to leave Rough  :'( :'(

I respect your views and knowledge just as much as I do Val’s, Bevs and many others on here.

Anonymous

Well you are all about to find out how much you know most of the breeders have left the board.
    I have informed Colin that I am standing down from the Moderators post so you can all find out how much you know or not.
    Maybe you can call on Ms Cuddy for all the answers your problems she may answer via her blog
    Mark thanks for your post
    I am out of here last one shut the door
    Val

May be not Rough, but just because you’ve been around longer than us doesnt mean your right or that you know it all.

[/quote]

Wowsers, what the hell has gone on here?!  ???  :what:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘The late John Carter on London Tonight’ is closed to new replies.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime