Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

the rituals of ‘greet’

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs the rituals of ‘greet’

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    deebee

ok, thanks!!

think about what days, times etc are good for you and pm me. i’ll work round you. no rush.

Dont know where you are but you can have Honey for the day  😉  :-*

Izzie

[quote author=deebee link=topic=14021.msg265242#msg265242 date=1238781873]
    ok, thanks!!

think about what days, times etc are good for you and pm me. i’ll work round you. no rush.
    [/quote]

Am busy this weekend, but can do anytime during the week pretty much

Think I have next weekend free- depending on Livia’s training diary

So whenever  :ok:

deebee

i live in north essex (the posh part  ;D).  i live an hours drive from izzie, i dont mind driving. where are you suz, widget?

kizkiznobite

dee…it would be useful if you started to note down what happens with the greets with different dogs…try and find out if dogs are entire/castrated…girlies not spayed/spayed had pups then spayed maiden etc etc….

some of the differences will be very subtle ….the real important ones are how entire dogs…maels and females now react to him…

im down south what a couple hours from izzie  😉 so not that far!!

Anonymous

[quote author=deebee link=topic=14021.msg265278#msg265278 date=1238831121]
    i live in north essex (the posh part   ;D).  i live an hours drive from izzie, i dont mind driving. where are you suz, widget?
    [/quote]

I drive from London to Suffolk most weekends – so you are prob on my way  ;D 

Loki is an entire male… so not sure how it will go? But am happy to pop in and meet you in a park sometime?

deebee

widget, entire dogs loved him pre castration  😀 he loves any dog.

really, i think he needs to see dog say hello move on atm. over the last three days, we saw one dog. one.

the last time i let him meet a dog then play, i looked to see if other dogs were around first but then a dog on flexi came into view and he was off. not popular as he squashed it. in fact he was accused of biting it. i wont tell you what she said but it wasnt pleasant. seems like the grass is greener…………

deebee

btw, i am about 10 miles south of sudbury.

deebee

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14021.msg265279#msg265279 date=1238831361]
    dee…it would be useful if you started to note down what happens with the greets with different dogs…try and find out if dogs are entire/castrated…girlies not spayed/spayed had pups then spayed maiden etc etc….

some of the differences will be very subtle ….the real important ones are how entire dogs…maels and females now react to him…
    [/quote]

also, the way handlers deal with their dogs reaction, which, in the main, is to tell their dog off for grumbling/telling max off  :-\ . they seem to think their dog is going to turn aggressive so stop them telling him.

deebee

went to different woodland park while visiting a friend yesterday, full of dogs at the weekend pretty quiet midweek. didnt think to ask sex etc  😛 on lead at all times.

little cocker on flexi, max eager. both wanted to bum sniff without allowing the other to. got tangled. went in opposite directions.

6 month choc lab girl came from nowhere and bowled into us. i had time to brace, max stunned. it was jumping up for my treat bag and her mum(?) joined in. ignored max. girl got dragged away. difficult to see what was going on it was so frenetic, but she interested in playing. we followed at a distance, max pulling like a sled dog.
    we went a different way.

stopped at a bench, max settled nice, man with cocker following quite far behind. max spotted her and stayed down facing her as she trotted up to him. gentle tail wag and got up once she was with him. polite nose sniff then playbow. he then trod on her foot, lol, and she decided to follow owner, he wanted to follow but i said this way and he came to me.

leaving the park, saw a med x young boy max barely pulled to greet, long nose sniff then both wanted to bum sniff without being sniffed. didnt get tangled this time. both started to go into play mode so we walked on.

later went for walk locally, saw dogs on other side of road and max ‘oohh dog’ but that it. dog in garden going fruit loop, max reacted to that.

to pub garden, let him loose. landlords jr came to tell him this my place through gate, waited to recall and he did. jr came under the gate and TOLD max. he agreed it jrs place jr marked and max didnt. jr kept eye on max at distance, max didnt go back to him.

busy day.

kizkiznobite

sounds good…so no other dogs showing any form of fear aggression ?

deebee

unless it was very subtle, no. and they were not subtle were they?

deebee

oopps, forgot the jr. but i think it was that type anyway. i heard a big bark and he had apparently snapped once at max then strutted away

kizkiznobite

not subtle and real fear…not home guarding or resource guarding….and max showed extreme confusion..thats good  🙂 if owners happy i would now let him start to play….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime