Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

The Underdog show

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs The Underdog show

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

New series starting on Living now.  Didn’t this used to be on BBC2??  ???

LOL and the first dog is called Suz!

😮 I so am not on the telly!! nor am i a dog – serious case of mistaken identity!!  😀

cant get living i dont think!

*Nat*

Yeah this did used to be on BBC, when they advertised it I assumed it was a repeat as it was on Living  :confused:

.dodger.

it new and imo crap. The guy with Suz was a right idiot with her – kept on repeting her name constantly and saying sit over and over again then still asking her to sit when she finially did sit. Not to mention Tara being a host, i really can’t stand her. Got so sick of it by the end of the first guy’s turn that i turned it off. I can’t imgaine that environment is good for any dog? :-\

yeah i know,he’s not even a celeb!!!  Brian blessed is lovely though, i bet he adopts his dog at the end.  Did you see Javine pushing that labs bum down to get it to sit, then when she got told off she was like ‘well how else do you do it?!’  Im sure she’s been shown  ::)

.dodger.

grrr i didn’t get that far. Programmes like that really annoy me. If dog training novice’s like me can spot that what they are doing is awful then why do they splash it out on tv for people to copy. ??? ::)

Anonymous

I thought part of the point was to show how someone doing it wrong doesn’t get results… like that Raef bloke… It was obvious he was rubbish and doing it wrong…

I thought Brian Blessed did well – he seems lovely  ;D

One thing that I didn’t like about the prog was the fact that Brendan Cole was a judge… in fact I wasn’t a big fan of any of the judges…

.dodger.

why have the hours of training the right way with the traininer before hand if you are just going to go out there and do it wrong on purpose. Also the weekest one (the dog and handler who did it the worst) gets kicked out the comp so unless it is all fixed they wouldn’t do it because at the end of it they all want to win it.

Sweetypye

First of all you need to understand that this programme is merely entertainment, it no more professes to be a programme which aims to tell the view how to train a dog than the X factor tells you how to sing.

Secondly, the contestants, trainers and judges are at the mercy of the producers who are in charge of what goes on and editing.

As in most TV programmes it is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Anonymous

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=12508.msg242249#msg242249 date=1222193609]
    why have the hours of training the right way with the traininer before hand if you are just going to go out there and do it wrong on purpose. Also the weekest one (the dog and handler who did it the worst) gets kicked out the comp so unless it is all fixed they wouldn’t do it because at the end of it they all want to win it.
    [/quote]

But you’ve seen people with their dogs in the park – some people are rubbish – even if they have been told how to do it right… plus the stress of being on camera makes people forget what they are doing and panic (even celebs). I don’t think they do it wrong on purpose… I think they just don’t know what they are doing… most of them will have the attitude that they love dogs and know how to deal with them – and probably will ignore much of what the trainer says anyway…  egos etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime