Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Tila’s Tum

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Tila’s Tum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Tila was spayed almost 3 weeks ago now and yesturday i noticed a lumpy bit at the top of the wound. Today it’s all red but with a blue / black bit in the middle? She went to the vet about a week ago and they siad she was happy with it and was healing well so is it just some late swelling and bruising or something i need to be worried about? photobucklet taking ages to upload but there will be pic’s to see.

.dodger.

not the best pic
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/5708tilastum007.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

Any chance of a bigger pic of the inflamed bit

.dodger.

it’s too blurry to see but will try and get another one

.dodger.

best i can do

[img width=468 height=351]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/5708tilastum014.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=351]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/Dodger_030/5708tilastum015.jpg[/img]

*Lassie*

I would take her back to the vet, it’s sore and swollen- poor lass
    She may have an infection in it 🙁

.dodger.

doesn’t seem to be in any pain with it – no problems with letting us near it or her tum and she isn’t licking at it. Do you think the vet will just give her antibiotic’s?

*Lassie*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=11935.msg228485#msg228485 date=1215284202]
    doesn’t seem to be in any pain with it – no problems with letting us near it or her tum and she isn’t licking at it. Do you think the vet will just give her antibiotic’s?
    [/quote]

I would think so or it could be they missed taking out one of the stitches ::)

.dodger.

she didn’t have in any stitches what ever they did they did it from the inside? ???

do you know of any whichy woo stuff that could help :-\ will arnica help for infection or will that just help with the bruising and swelling? :-\

Anonymous

I second this put some Aloe Vera on it

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11935.msg228480#msg228480 date=1215283923]
    I would take her back to the vet, it’s sore and swollen- poor lass
    She may have an infection in it 🙁
    [/quote]

.dodger.

guess it’s back to the vets – will have to haggle a lift and some money from some one ::)

Laura – when Honey had a scare after her op (was a hernia caused through the op) the vet treated her for nothing and AGAIN when i took her back with an infection got antibis for nothing…………

.dodger.

will give them a ring in the morning thanks Suz even if they do do it for nothing i’m pretty sure the taxi ride will make up for them both. Where’s the parents when you need them ::)

*Lassie*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=11935.msg228491#msg228491 date=1215284972]
    she didn’t have in any stitches what ever they did they did it from the inside? ???

do you know of any whichy woo stuff that could help :-\ will arnica help for infection or will that just help with the bruising and swelling? :-\
    [/quote]

She would have internal stitches 😉 they can migrate through the skin as they start to dissolve

.dodger.

ahhhh lol silly me! ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime