Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Toby passing blood in faeces :'(

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Toby passing blood in faeces :'(

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

OK just read Val’s post on colitis, so could be one of a few things including allergy, something he has eaten, some kinds of worms, drinking bad water etc.  Feel a bit more reasurred where it says should pass 24-48 hours so we will keep a close eye, I guess this related to Kerrie’s post re testing faeces for gardia/camphylobacter if it does happen repeatedly over the next few days.

One extra q – worming, am sure he not got worms I know we been through all this in my post re Milbemax and certainly don’t want to worm naturally or otherwise when his wee immune system is topsy turvey, but we should do it soon right?  Because he aint been wormed in eight months and is starting to worry me re other kinds of worm

Anonymous

Hope Tobes is feeling better soon :-*

*Nick*

Bestest wishes to my favourite little terror , get well soon Toby!  :-*

kizkiznobite

no harm in worming naturally…wont hurt his immune system  🙂

Anonymous

hi,

do you know how to empty anal glands angela ?  if not pop him along to a good groomer and they’ll show you and be cheaper than vets.  that might help with scooting (bum along floor) scooting is usually as a result of being loose poops.  might need a clean now but should clear once poop firms again 🙂  i dont expect he’ll be terribly happy about it with colitis too so if you dont trust him not to nip (i expect they might make you hold the head end!!) take a fabric muzzle for the little man 🙂

are there any signs of worms in him ?  my advice would be worm naturally BUT this will scour the gut etc… which is already sore so maybe leave him a while for them to get nice and healthy.  chemicals like milbemax wont help and if he is a sensitive dog he may well react to them at the moment too – he’s like us recovering, bleh !

claire x

Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice and kisses, our boy had another bout last night after we tried him with a little bit of food so its yog and narnies today and keeping a close eye, is almost certainly colitis and he is fine in himself little monkey so am hoping it will pass today.

Went to the vet yesterday re his baldy bits as it was time we had them checked again so we thought do it yesterday when we could get her to take a look anyway as he was a bit hot and bothered, temp and other stats all fine and glands checked which won me a nice bite!

Will post re the bald bits later today as got quite a few questions again, thanks again you lovely lot x

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime