Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Touch wood and Toby’s nose

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Touch wood and Toby’s nose

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

OK, this is a real touch wood, after months of frustration, scratching, a nasty cat scratch and new diet and vets bills my boys nose has cleared up (touch wood touch wood!)  I have no idea whether or not the diet has helped or whether there is a link to fructose and carrots as he has been BARF for a good month or two now, what I am interested in is whether the weather dampening down into Autumn might be a link to hayfever?  Just a thought. 

Nevertheless it is a lot better as is his coat, glossy and feels so lovely again.  He has a small dry spot on his tail that is looking a bit bare but I haven’t once seem him biting or scratching there so am putting vit e capsules on it and this seems to be helping too.

I’m just so relieved I can’t tell you, let’s hope it stays this way!

xtine

Thats great news Angela.. he must feel lots better bless him  ;D need pics of the nose  :yes:

xtine

oh.. he doesn’t like pics does he.. ok.. no pics  :ok:

Yep, no pics at all, unless outside and only if unaware!  Found him in the bath the other day poor love, behind the shower curtain, was only taking the batteries out to charge!

Anonymous

Thats good news stick with the diet if it’s something in the air then with a bit of luck by next spring his immune system will be that much stronger and able to cope with what the world throws his way
    Val

Thanks Val, this way of life for Toby just feels right, he is loving his food, trying new things and has bags of energy which we are directing at lots of training both at home and out on the field near us.  Am, encouraged by his immune system building, this was really important to us as he had a few problems when we brought him home from the shelter, very very relieved, thanks to all for help and advice, and once again, touch wood!

so pleased angela that great news well done you two sounds like you’re doing great  :-*

That is great news – keep it up. And yes if it is seasonal he will be better equipped to deal with it now hes not trying to get rid of crap from the food  :yes: HOneys seasonal stuff is markedly better with raw/homecooked  :-*

Anonymous

well done 🙂

lucky toby to have a mummy like u 😀

claire x

p.s. every shelter should have dogclub address on their packs !!

Anonymous

Now thats a good idea  :agree:

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12720.msg245715#msg245715 date=1224322408]

p.s. every shelter should have dogclub address on their packs !!
    [/quote]

Yep, I definately agree, especially after the discussions I’ve had recently with other doggy owners, ‘what do you mean don’t feed him raisins, he has a few as training treats all the time,’ ‘never ever give a dog a bone’ and ‘raw chicken, he’ll get salmonella, you must be mad!’  :surrender:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime