Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

training advice

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training training advice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

heyho…someone been advised this….contacted me to ask if it would work  ::)

‘to keep your dog off the couch when you go out, nail empty tuna cans to a board and put it there before leaving, the dog will find it uncomfortable and it’s easy to store under the couch when you are in home’

*Nat*

😀  😀 Pmsl  😀

Imagine the smell  :vomit:

kizkiznobite

these sort of q’s just space my head out to be honest…i go into instant answer mode…the instant answer based on the first bits of the q/answer…then i sort of go uh? and then kind of mmmm and then sort of wtf…  :boooo:

i know nat…my first thought too…then i thought ok wash them first…then i thought…why tuna cans? why not baked bean cans….then i sort of went uh?  :what: of course the dog would find it uncomfortable…and what if no space under the couch….it only when i have dealt with all those bits that i reach the hang on  :order:…..why a board with cans at all  ::) and in my head i have a picture of some person with a sheet of mdf nailing bloody cans on it… ::)

does Mo’s head in…or rather i do … ::) because then i am muttering and going on all over the house  ::)

besides…would need to eat a fair amount of tuna to get enough cans for our couch PMSLROF

kizkiznobite

and anyway…with a problem solving dog like cubert it wouldnt work …he would drag it off and store it under the couch all by himself  ;D  ;D

*Nat*

Lol yeah CAN imagine him doing just that  😀  😀

Val

Snap was reading this an thought the same in fact if the beardies were doing it I would not put it pass them to try and hide it LOL
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14701.msg271979#msg271979 date=1252242320]
    and anyway…with a problem solving dog like cubert it wouldnt work …he would drag it off and store it under the couch all by himself  ;D  ;D
    [/quote]

What I want to know is why the problem with the dog sleeping on the couch  :tease:  ;D

I have to say it would work with Honey for fairly obvious reasons!

Mudgie

Nacho would either

(a) move the board
    (b) lie on it anyway and put up with the uncomfort until he was comfortable
    or
    (c) go upstairs open bedroom door lie on bed and then run like a greyhound into lounge and jump onto couch as you open door and pretend he hasnt had his muddy paws and hairy bum all over the bed when you were out.  ;D

puppyblues

So many tv shows say dogs should never go on the couch. I let Scooby on invitation only. Does everyone else let there dogs on the couch?????

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=14701.msg271981#msg271981 date=1252249388]
    Snap was reading this an thought the same in fact if the beardies were doing it I would not put it pass them to try and hide it LOL
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14701.msg271979#msg271979 date=1252242320]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Jess would lie on top of it, Trixie would kick it off and Livia would chew it  ::)

kizkiznobite

yep…on the couch and a pack manager at my feet in bed  🙂

yep on the couch, on the bed in the bed….sometimes on the dining room table – thats not allowed really but is funny so dont tend to stop her  😀 at work she sleeps on the work tops – that IS allowed  .

Mudgie

[quote author=puppyblues link=topic=14701.msg272001#msg272001 date=1252277113]
    So many tv shows say dogs should never go on the couch. I let Scooby on invitation only. Does everyone else let there dogs on the couch?????

[/quote]

Bets I know those shows you are watching – just cos it is only TV doesnt mean it is the right way  ;D  it’s about whether you want the dog on couch or not.  It is my dog’s home too why shouldnt he have a comfy seat ?

stan comes on the sofa and the bed and so long as he doesnt take up the whole sofa/ bed then he is aloud to stay ;D

Sweetypye

There is a reason that couches etc are called FUR-niture……………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime