Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Treats for Puppies!!??

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Treats for Puppies!!??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

yep – do a thread in the introductions section with lots of pics – and i bet foxy (who also has black lab called izzy) will get very excited.Β  ;D

Anonymous

Easiest way for more pictures is this:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29824&l=8bf5a&id=517401552

Enjoy! πŸ™‚

PS – Ah I wondered who has the other Izzyness! πŸ™‚

GSPmad

Gorgeous pics.Β  ;D

Love those ones of her retrieving.Β  :-*

Anonymous

Thanks! I feel there is a Field Trial Champion inside her somewhere!! πŸ˜€ Certainly hope that is anyway! πŸ™‚

So cute, beautiful pics! Sleepy pup ones are my faves but I love the retreives too!

Anonymous

Just can’t wait for her to have her second vaccination so we can eventually start going out of the confindes of the paddock! There’s only so much running back and fourth we can do!

She (we) needs to start going on walks (if nothing else but to get more and more used to her lead!)

How many days/weeks am I meant to wait before I’m allowed to take her out properly? – Corh in public places and everything! Very exciting! (it’s the little things eh)Β  πŸ™‚

Anonymous

I think everyone has differing views about how soon to take them out. I had Cass at puppy school 2 days after her 2nd jabs but it’s a question of evaluating risks, for instance i knew the school i went to did not accept ANY dogs without an up to date vaccination card, so i felt the benefits of getting out early in ‘safe’ places outweighed certain risks BUT i didn’t let her walk in places i knew lots of other dogs had been pooping or peeing for at least another 10-14 days – i chose what i considered to be ‘safe’ spots to let her walk such as places where other people did not take dogs ie the train station & car park – that way she got to see lots & lots of new things very early.

Anonymous

Ok yeah that’s exactly the ideas I had… That’s fine… Thanks!

Anonymous

You can’t wrap them in cotton wool as much as we all want to but it’s just a matter of minimizing risks – you always run a risk but you can eliminate many by planning the sort of places you let you puppy walk. Obviously being a Rottweiler i wasn’t really able to stuff Cass down the front of my coat for very long so i had to let her go on the floor to explore, but i just made sure i was very careful about where she walked – that’s the best you can do really.Β  πŸ˜‰

xtine

we had Fritz on Burns for the first year of his life pretty much.. it took me about 6 months to get my head round raw feeding and another to convince my other half… take it in your own stride…

having said that I don’t find it hard to sort out.. just need to be a little bit organised and remember to get is dinner out of the freezer the night before… am rubbish at that bit.. but that’s why i have a microwaveΒ  πŸ˜‰

*Lassie*

You can take Izzy out now if you carry her πŸ˜‰
    When you do take her out try and let her see as much as possible, prams wheelchairs scooters pushbikes. Go to the local train station and the market, if she gets use to them now she will be less likely to wuss at them later ;D
    best dry food – Jameswellbeloved, Burns, Arden Grange is not bad and is one of the few that some supermarkets stock. Just try to avoid the cheaper end of the market like Barkers, too many E numbers πŸ˜‰
    If you want wet food – Nature Diet, Natures Menu ??? there is another good one but can’t remember it ::)
    Hope that helps ;D

GSPmad

nature’s harvest?

*Lassie*

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12067.msg232115#msg232115 date=1216833521]
    nature’s harvest?
    [/quote]

That’s the one ;D
    memory’s going ::) must be me age ::)

Anonymous

just wanted to chip in – arden grange .. most of their range doesnt come close to Burns / JWB – some of it doesnt have any real meat in so be sure to check πŸ™‚

claire x

*Lassie*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12067.msg232125#msg232125 date=1216836336]
    just wanted to chip in – arden grange .. most of their range doesnt come close to Burns / JWB – some of it doesnt have any real meat in so be sure to check πŸ™‚

claire x
    [/quote]

May be so but it is better than Pedigree and Barkers ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime