Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Uh oh! Humping question

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Uh oh! Humping question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

OK, maybe the two aren’t connected but Toby met a GSD girlie yesterday and had a bit sniff etc and he was OK with her and another dog for the first ever time so we let him get up to them to play and sniff.  Tonight he has been trying to hump Alex’s arm which he has never done before, no humping behaviour at all in the year we have had him, and he must be getting to 3 1/2 to 4 years old now and he has been neutered at least a year ago that we know of.  Any ideas why and how we should respond if he tries to continue? 

kizkiznobite

depends what you are prepared to accept really…being castrated will not affect learnt behaviour…until he fell ill falkor who lost his bits at 18 months kept the girls satisfied fully when they were on heat…including penetration….i suggest a hump cushion but if you dont want any of it then you have to do the ‘you not doing that here’…but then of course you will have the build up and the behaviour of no release….

Is funny Bev, was just thinking about it again because he did it for just two days after meeting Ruby the entire bitch and hasn’t done it since, surely the two must be connected?

xtine

Fritz now only ever humps our friend’s bed  :-[ and has had a go at humping him too.. can see it building up in hi when they play together….  😀  :-[  he must smell GOOOOOOOD  😀

Anonymous

William humps his dog bed cushion – he always has done … gathers it all up under him and has a good old hump of it lol !!

seems to just happen every now and then – maybe once every 2-3 months that I see.

claire x

kendal

Gypsy (a girl) has been found trying to hump our cat and now my mum tells me she humped echo the other day but i think this is only like the 4th tims since she got dressed when she was 6 month (now 2 years old).

it could be him trying to asert himself in the pack, gypsy thinks she is incharge out of our lot but it is realy Inca who is the boss. 

good luch with him, just correct him by telling him no and removing him, or pop a long line on him when he is in the house that way you can give him a lead correction.

kizkiznobite

no…sorry…but lead correction? in house? this is a natural behaviour…a leash in this instant does not ‘cure’ it merely inhibits…the house rules are the house rules and like any rule then they need to be re-enforced within the house limits….why punish a dog for a natural behaviour? just set the house rules…cubert knows that humping is done xyz area and not abc area…that way he knows what is acceptable and what is not…..
    and yep…a girlie will increase the drive …of course she will…but in a cued dog that knows the house rules then it can be dealt with…hump cushion…go do..when you done ask to come out …that is our rule pure and simple…anything else is not acceptable and it is excuse me…rude…not here …gp sort it…NOW or stop and be nice

I don’t want to punish him for something that is natural, will keep an eye on it, if he starts up again will introduce a cushion and update you lot with his progress!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime