Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

unlock your dogs potential – sarah fisher (CJ this is for you !!!)

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs unlock your dogs potential – sarah fisher (CJ this is for you !!!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

CJ – see if you can pick up a copy of this book I think it’ll help with the whole bonding thing 🙂

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unlock-Your-Dogs-Potential-How-to-Achiev-Sarah-Fisher_W0QQitemZ230292249238QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230292249238&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have just won a copy in a rescue auction and it is fab !!!!!  Probably the best book I have read AND even cooler – someone I know (t-touch practitioner) gets a mention in there too !!! 🙂

Claire x

*Nick*

does it come with a crystal?

i love that book, bought it at a marie miller ttouch wrkshop. def one of my favs to  ;D

Anonymous

i have been to a workshop too with maria johnson (who is also mentioned :))

have spent the last 2 days assessing my dogs – its so interesting !

claire x

cjane

Thanks Claire, what’s the jist of the book, is it about ttouch or more general?

CJ

Prem2Pram

It’s cheaper on Amazon co uk = 34 Used & new from £5.94

Anonymous

Hi,

if you click here –

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/0715326384/ref=sib_dp_ptu/202-4365373-1433412#reader-link

you can have a look at the contents page and a few pages of the book.

The things that pointed me to reccommend it for you and Tai is what you said about bonding.  It is something you can work through (there is some initial reading and a range of case studies) then there is a section where you can learn how to assess Tai – where he’s stressed, where he might feel stiff, how well he balances etc … and a section on basic t-touches and groundwork but it isnt just a list of touches and how to do them it tells you where to touch the dog for specific things like lunging, lead pulling etc…  The link above should give you a few pages to look at 🙂

The part where it says “if you are struggling to cope with a dog in your care that exhibits unwanted behaviours” sounded like it might be Tai 😉  and on the back page where it says strengthen your bond with your dog sounded like Tai and you aswell.

Its £9.09 on amazon with free shipping when you spend £15 🙂  

The £5.94 price dont include shipping of £2.75 which makes it £8.69 BUT – if you do this option there are 2 available be sure to click the one that says UK and not the USA one 🙂

Claire x

cjane

Thanks again, I’ve found a copy in our library (60p to reserve a copy), so I’ve put in a request for it.  Also having a scout around for workshops in my area.  What sort of things do you do at the workshop, do you take and work with your own dogs?

CJ

Anonymous

Hi,

yep – you can go to ones where you take your own doggie – william has been to one and it was fabulous.  at the end of the session there was about 12 dogs in a small village hall all lying down and chilled – william and the dog next to him (which was my friends another frustrated castrated boy) which he hates – they were touching paws !!!

Claire x

p.s. t-touch website will tell u where practitioners are 🙂

cjane

Got the book this week and it’s interesting reading. Trying some TTouches with the boy, but the stuff she calls ‘groundwork’ is also very interesting. Anyone try this?

CJ

yes we sometimes use a bit of ground work in out classes. its all about building up confidence and helping the dog become aware of its body. very interesting stuff :happy:

Anonymous

hi,

i have done it with william – it was sooooo amazing the difference between the beginning where he just charged about and jumped off the steps to stepping through stuff and going up/down steps, it helps balance which i think would be good for any dog who is / has been used to pulling and is usually used when agility dogs are knocking poles or missing contacts etc… it can help with general flexibility / body awareness.  i am sure there was a pic somewhere of william with a 1/2 wrap on (if you want to do with Tai you need a horse tail bandage they are about £3 i think).

i dont know what you walk him on but i have seen the calming band used to great effect with dogs walked on figure8’s or headcollars who have learned to tense their faces up and harden to keep pulling.

claire x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime