Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Us last night

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Us last night

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author

[quote author=widget link=topic=12175.msg234761#msg234761 date=1217954344]
    Nat – I got lots of pics like that – through horses ears  ;D

xtine – he is good isn’t he  ;D

First time I did it – I led them both up the road – let Loki off on track, mounted – and then walked up – Loki kept looking at the horses eyes rather than mine when I gave him comands – and when I did a recall – he went pegging back to when I mounted the horse (ie. the last time he ‘saw’ me)  :-[ – so I had to recall again – he came back to the horse – looked it in the eyes and I thought – he must think I am wearing a horse outfit or soemthing  😀

He seems to have it sorted now tho…  ;D
    [/quote]

bless him  😀

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12175.msg235000#msg235000 date=1218041066]
    [quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12175.msg234844#msg234844 date=1217969393]
    Oh you’re not a fair weather rider surely Wags  ;D  😉

I remember when I was about 10 we used to take the school ponies up to the big fields in the dark – totally mad really – but we’d be bareback, headcollar and leadrope for a bridle and charge accross the fields in the dark racing  😮 Wouldn’t catch me doing that now  ;D  😉
    [/quote]

Thats how i got concussion!  🙁 ::)  I’d still do it now though, although my bum would be so sore  😀
    [/quote]

i would love to be doing that now!  🙁

wags

[quote author=Foxisle_crazy link=topic=12175.msg235000#msg235000 date=1218041066]
    [quote author=*Nat* link=topic=12175.msg234844#msg234844 date=1217969393]
    Oh you’re not a fair weather rider surely Wags  ;D  😉

I remember when I was about 10 we used to take the school ponies up to the big fields in the dark – totally mad really – but we’d be bareback, headcollar and leadrope for a bridle and charge accross the fields in the dark racing  😮 Wouldn’t catch me doing that now  ;D  😉
    [/quote]

Thats how i got concussion!  🙁 ::)  I’d still do it now though, although my bum would be so sore  😀
    [/quote]

ah but your young – i think you get to 25 and your fear responses (or sensibleness) kick in

Anonymous

[quote author=wags link=topic=12175.msg234999#msg234999 date=1218040825]
    polo ponies get used to it pritty quick  😉
    [/quote]

Have you seen them  😮

we tried polo a year or so ago – and there were girls (all blonde and young  😉 ) ponying about 6 at a time  😮  – now that is not really safe  ::)  although the ponies were good…  apparently is v. hard for polo grooms to get insurance – cos they so likely to get hurt  :'(

wags

[quote author=widget link=topic=12175.msg235432#msg235432 date=1218184789]
    Have you seen them  😮

we tried polo a year or so ago – and there were girls (all blonde and young  😉 ) ponying about 6 at a time  😮  – now that is not really safe  ::)  although the ponies were good…  apparently is v. hard for polo grooms to get insurance – cos they so likely to get hurt  :'(
    [/quote]

uhmmmmm

i started on a polo yard at 13 left same yard at 21 – 😀 to do a stinky degree that i have never used and while doing my degree i worked for HAPPA and on racing yards – then had Joe  😀 and downsized into dogs  😀 – ive done my AI and got some trecking/ride leader qualifications as well

it was a huge estate with loads of farms, trecking yards, eventing yards, riding schools etc on it as well
    when i was producing ponies they always neck rained a lot better than they went with 2 hands  😀

ive traveled Europe and the UK with the polo ponies – polo is fantatic if i could i would SO go back to polo its fantastic

*Nat*

Wags I’ve just viewed that video you sent me on Facebook of the horse jumping  😮 Wow it’s amazing  🙂

wags

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqG4PNbmSfQ[/youtube]

this one (for those non facebook people)

ITS AWSOME

im so glad no horse ive ever loose jumped has done that

can you imagine what the people said  😀

OMG thats amazing!  😮

*Lassie*

I wouldn’t want to be sitting on it if it jumps like that 😮

wags

i think its awsome – love it

putting an awfull lot of strain on its front legs mind  😉

*Nat*

I watch it everytime this thread gets added to  ;D

wags

and me

(theres another excuse) lol

haha me too so theres another excuse to watch it  ;D

.dodger.

that’s amazing! love it ;D :-*

Anonymous

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12175.msg235703#msg235703 date=1218316727]
    [/quote]

could be wrong – but am guessing there is a reason it does that  :-\  ie. could have been rapped  :-\

I went to Ballinasloe horse fair last year (when I bought mine  ;D ) and we saw a horse jumping v. much like that – amazing scope – but def a reaszon for it giving them so much height – what do you think wags?  :-\

[quote author=widget link=topic=12175.msg235828#msg235828 date=1218445092]
    [quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12175.msg235703#msg235703 date=1218316727]
    [/quote]

could be wrong – but am guessing there is a reason it does that  :-\  ie. could have been rapped  :-\

I went to Ballinasloe horse fair last year (when I bought mine  ;D ) and we saw a horse jumping v. much like that – amazing scope – but def a reaszon for it giving them so much height – what do you think wags?  :-\
    [/quote]

i think your right widget, horses dont just jump like that with out a reason

thats nearly as impressive as william whitiker winning the puissance at christmas ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime