Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Vacation is relaxing? Why not in my book?

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip Vacation is relaxing? Why not in my book?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

Been away. Again. Wanted a relaxing vacation. Centerparcs in the middle of nowhere… I love it so….Booked a last minute. Just booked it and pc died on me. Took it in to the store where my dino came from 12 years ago.
    Kid at the counter said; fix it? Fix that? It even has a a a … what was it called?
    Me; Floppydisk. It’s called a floppydisk.
    Kid; haven’t seen one in ages! This pc’s a dino!
    Me; I know it’s a dino, but i like my dino, i’m very attached to it, now…. if you can take yourself away from your online colouringbook, can you get me a grownup person to help me with my pc?
    He got me someone else, that someone i know very well. Said he would take a look at it for me asap.
    Relaxing first day of vacation? Think not  ::) .

But had booked last minute when kids already had gone to sleep so…..
    Kids had no idea. Was my big surprise  :yes: . Daughter was at dance class, told my son what was goig to happen. Stuffed lugage in car, put boys in the car, son, wife… Stopped at danceclass to pick daughter up. She didn’t want to leave with me….. she had a dance coming up on stage UUUUURRRG  :scared: . Dragged her out over my shoulder, said byebye to teacher who knew about my ‘surprise’ and went to the car. Until she saw the dogs were coming too, she went from extremely p.ssed off (how can you do that to me! You no normal father! This is embarrasing!  >:D ) too extatic with happyness… YES!  :ok: .
    But…. was this relaxing? Think not  ::)

We arrive, we go to cottage, we unpack, we…. find out i took Diesel’s puppycollar with us which is waaaaay to small since he can’t wear it no more since he was 6 months old. Driving around in, what must be the only village ever, that does NOT have a petstore. Driving to other villages until we found a petstore that only sells …. iron choke chains. GRRRREAT  >:( . Ok, let’s buy one that is just big enough to make both ends of chain meet at back of his neck and i’ll attache the lead to both the rings, so he can’t get his head out but it can’t go to choke-mode.  Dumb dork at counter laughing saying that is NOT how chokechains are used. Gave him an ugly face accompanied with an ‘wanna bet?  :suspious: .
    Relaxing yet? Think not  ::)

We having splendid holiday there but on last day, got call from pcstore. My dino was dead. Over, out, reset into the grave, gone. There went my relaxing mood. Next day went to pcstore. Kid was behind the counter again.
    Me; am here to buy new one.
    Kid; Right! You the man with the floppything.
    Me; Disk. It’s called a Floppydisk *sigh*.
    Kid; Was! It wàs called a floppydisk ha ha ha ha. Sorry man, can’t fix your dino, cause that dino so old they don’t make the parts anymore haha ha haha ha.
    Me;  >:( Just go get me Rudy  ::) .

Was talking to him when i saw that morronkid – alright, no so ‘kid’, it an overestimated about 26 yearold beachboy  :vomit: – suck up to my wife.
    Bought me a new pc, flat screen, keyboard and right and left handed mouse and took it home.
    Relaxing? NOOOOO.

Now? Am back to work, got multiple projects on my hands, birdshows to do, birdshow to organize, 4 days of Eurodisney coming up, school is about to start etc etc……….. But relaxing? Hell yes, all that trying to relax-stuff is just to stressing for me  :death:  .

Prem2Pram

Wow I’m cream crackered just reading abut your vaction, never mind work will no doubt be more relaxing than the vacation as for the dino pc, there’s no such thing as it can’t be fixed according to my OH that is  ;D

Diesel73

Wanna hear a joke?
    My dino never had sound. Wel it had sound but it never worked. 5 different people worked on my pc over the past 12 years. Nobody could ever figure out why it didn’t work  ::) . I just left it that way.
    But i bought me a new one. Took 2 days before my daughter said; paps? you said when we would ever buy a new pc, we would have sound too. Where’s the sound?

Duhhhh… Forgot to buy audioset. Back to store. Imagine the stuuuuuupid grin on that ‘kid’s’ face  :butt: .

😀 😀 😀

sorry laughing to hard at some of that to post much else  😀  😀  😀  😀

*Nat*

😀  😀  😀 Love reading your posts Diesel  😀  😀  😀

xtine

hang on.. that can’t be all.. where were the trips to accident and emergency?  :what:
    😀

Diesel73

[quote author=xtine link=topic=12330.msg238561#msg238561 date=1220046216]
    hang on.. that can’t be all.. where were the trips to accident and emergency?  :what:
    😀

[/quote]
    This time…….  ;D not ONCE. Yep, prrrretty proud of meselfy  :laugh:

*Lassie*

How are the various bodyparts that got hurt last time Diesel and how are the dogs?
    We just spent the week decorating and to be honest I preferred it to our holiday :embarrass:

Anonymous

Great stuff 😀 😀 😀

You should write a book………. :ok:

.dodger.

😀 😀 😀 i always love reading your posts diesel – no matter how down i am they always bring a smile to my face ;D

Diesel73

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12330.msg238602#msg238602 date=1220125323]
    How are the various bodyparts that got hurt last time Diesel and how are the dogs?
    We just spent the week decorating and to be honest I preferred it to our holiday :embarrass:
    [/quote]
    Well most of them have healed well. All stiches are out, just the wrist that’s bothering me still.
    Decorating  ::) ….. Damn, now you made me remember i got a ‘to do list’ around here somewhere. Still got to do my son’s room. And hall. And bathroom. And…. Lassie! >:( , did you have to remind me?  😀

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12330.msg238620#msg238620 date=1220133375]
    Great stuff 😀 😀 😀

You should write a book………. :ok:
    [/quote]
    Oeshe, where would i start  ::) .

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=12330.msg238621#msg238621 date=1220134687]
    😀 😀 😀 i always love reading your posts diesel – no matter how down i am they always bring a smile to my face ;D
    [/quote]
    Ah Laura, it not always easy  :-* , but one hàs to try to keep smiling and laugh at yourself. Tomorrow life as i know it could be over and stupid things like these seem so minor. Things like these are typical for me, always has, always will be. Somehow stupid things keep happening to me. But it all can be replaced or heal. Much much worse could happen to a person  😉 .

Heard from a mate’s wife just befor my second holliday that he’s dying….. He just little older than i am.
    Everytime something like this happens, it makes me realize just how lucky right now i am myself  😉 .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime