Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Vaccinations

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Vaccinations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Who here vaccinates their dog every year?? If you don’t why?

I’ve just been absolutely slated on another forum simply because i said that Dodger has had his puppy jabs and nothing else.

xtine

we haven’t… cause of stuff I have read on here.. but we are doing some titre testing next week to be sure  :ok:

.dodger.

whats titre testing?

.dodger.

just read up on it and yes i’ll be doing that with dodger in the next few weeks 🙂

Mine are vaccinated every year, just my personal choice to do so

parsonsmum

Mine were vaccinated yearly up to the age of 4….that’s when I started reading things on here and elsewhere and did’nt like what I read. They have;nt been vaccinated  for the last 2 years but once it gets to 3 years I plan to have them titre tested.

Izzie

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14258.msg267186#msg267186 date=1242752476]
    Who here vaccinates their dog every year?? If you don’t why?

I’ve just been absolutely slated on another forum simply because i said that Dodger has had his puppy jabs and nothing else.
    [/quote]

Dont you worry about them Laura, your informed choice hon :-*

*Nat*

Piper was vaccinated yearly up til 2 years ago! Decided not to do them anymore after reading information on here. No nasty fleas or worm treatments either  🙂

Ditto really dont do Honey – dont plan to either.

Mudgie

Noo Noo was vaccinated until he was 2 – got his first booster.  

But he got injections a couple of weeks ago because he was showing some symptoms of tetanus.  Further tests showed it was back injury however sufficient enough to say that after doing some research on tetanus and pavro I decided to get him vaccinated.

Got him protected against lungworm too as no amount of scouring stomach is going to prevent that or reduce symptoms.

Also in situation where nacho is now walked with other dogs so is at higher risk to worms.

*Lassie*

Mine have the 3 yearly jabs – they also had to be wormed as Tizzy had them and Tam was caught using the litter tray as a snack bar :vomit:

.dodger.

yum Jacqui :vomit:

thanks for all the advice everyone – turns out i was just victim to the forum bully. Loads of people complaining no one (except me now ::)) ever spoken up for herself……. Go me ::)

Sweetypye

Different vaccines (and manufacturers) have differing protocols; some are annual, some are every three years.

I have my dogs inoculated as puppies and then they have an annual booster.  From then on they are titre tested and have not so far needed any boosters as their immunity is WAY above the required level eg 40,000 v 40!

I do give KC and Lepto annually due to the lifestyle of my dogs and of course one is pet passported and thus vaccinated against Rabies.

Wormers are only needed when required however to know when it is required requires either a worm count or, if the infestation is bad, you can SEE them!

Lungworm requires special wormers given over a course of days.

.dodger.

how much do you pay for the titre test? and can i ask how you pronounce it? I don’t want to sound like a muppet on the phone to the vet 😀

Diesel73

My boys completely puppyvac-ed. Dieselboy not vacced since, Wodan re-vaced when Diesel got puppyvac. No wormstuff or any other chemical. Don’t see the use of it as worming does not work preventive anyways.

(and yes, i am guilty of passing borders without the lawfull vacs if i know a smuggle-route  :whistle: )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime