Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Desiel perhaps you can supprt him when he next tries to stand up, that might help him get the ballance he needs

Diesel73

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14604.msg271024#msg271024 date=1249812099]
    oh diesel :-* my thoughts are with you and Wodan

have you tried looking up his symptoms on the internet to see if you can get an idea of what might be going on?

[/quote]
    Sofar, the closest in my eyes… looks like a -what we call- braininfarct. (in belgium, what i can find about it..)Most times no medication helps or is of use. Time has to heal it with lots of rest. Lots of times prednison is given. but there are pro’s and con’s to this medicament. most say it not of any use as time heals the same. Sometimes recovery is complete, sometimes not.
    But i only know what i see how he is,  :-\ .

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14604.msg271026#msg271026 date=1249812332]
    Desiel perhaps you can supprt him when he next tries to stand up, that might help him get the ballance he needs
    [/quote]
    yes, i was thinking that too Kerrie. to see if he could atleast stand up and it just that he can not keep balance or that legs just won’t support him. but i was so surprized that he wanted to get up that i was not fast enough. by the moment i got hold of him he was already sitting down again and didn’t want to get up anymore. right now he in the arms of morpheus again.
    If i cary him outside i am going to put him on his feet first to see if he can stand befor i lay him down. Right now he must be tired of me probing him all the time.

poor Wodan, time can be a great healer and i trully hope that that is all he needs :-*

Desiel might be ignoring Wodan beause he knows that something is wrong with him, so instead of pestering him he is leaving him alone.

Val

Diesel sorry I was not one line sounds like Wodan has had a Ischaemic stroke it’s common in the older dog if your vet is away just keep him quiet and out of a lot of light, some dogs just come out the other side and are fine if he was to see a vet today they would put him on steroids and give him something like a tranquillizer to keep him calm.
    He won’t need food if he eats he will more than likely bring it back as he will be feeling very unsteady both on the inside and outside of his body so best just to keep him drinking, this is what Layla had but much worse as she went blind and could not even drink water.
    Just keep him calm and quiet and get to a vet as soon as you can.
    Fingers crossed
    Val

Diesel73

He is now outside with my wife right next to him. had a good drink again, food no interest. he took a few steps, with four feet all over the place, and he keeps tripping over his own feet and falling to the side, not just with back end with the front aswell. so he got no balance. if i hold him he can stand up but i can feel it is tireing him to much. he went from back door to his favourite space in 3 attempts. during those 8ft in distance he wanted a drink, but could not stand up and drink at the same time. so i gave him drink when he was laying down. drinking is no problem, as long as he does not have to get up for it. he even wanted to launch at diesel when he was provocing him, but could not. he sort of slammwobbled into the table. than he drink and now he on his fav-space. eye still moving a little.

[quote author=Val link=topic=14604.msg271033#msg271033 date=1249818644]
    Diesel sorry I was not one line sounds like Wodan has had a Ischaemic stroke it’s common in the older dog if your vet is away just keep him quiet and out of a lot of light, some dogs just come out the other side and are fine if he was to see a vet today they would put him on steroids and give him something like a tranquillizer to keep him calm.
    He won’t need food if he eats he will more than likely bring it back as he will be feeling very unsteady both on the inside and outside of his body so best just to keep him drinking, this is what Layla had but much worse as she went blind and could not even drink water.
    Just keep him calm and quiet and get to a vet as soon as you can.
    Fingers crossed
    Val
    [/quote]
    Val!, Girl you have no clue how much comfort you give me just by being here  :-* .
    Out of the light? so he better of inside, ok, going to pick him up and put him and wife back inside.
    Got word from vet. Tomorrow at about 9.00 he going to arive home. Am giong to camp at his door tomorrowmorning until he steps out of his car.

xtine

Sending you hugs and white light for Wodan  :-*

Val

Hi Diesel
    Yes get him somewhere very quiet and not bright to me it’s a classic stroke he has lost him coordination if he keeps trying to move about he may well bring back the water he has drunk so get him settled somewhere.
    Thinking of you young man have been there done that and got the T-shirt, he is nowhere near as bad as Layla.
    Rocking eyes are always a good indicator of brain stress but are most common in strokes
    ((hugs))
    Harus asettua ajaa haluta paksu henkäistä
    Val

Diesel73

well, he is back in the darker inside, with diesel out of his way. And yes, he did drink a vomite the water out again after trying to launch at diesel  :confused: .

I don’t care how he comes through this, aslong as he comes through this somewhat dogworthy. i just do not want him to suffer, i not want that. i thought he was not in any pain, but i was not sure. now after what you sayed… there is a light at the end of my tunnel again, and hope is raising.

Val, tack så mycket!  :-* .

kizkiznobite

hun…crossing everything crossable and praying hard xxxx

with val…think it a stroke….and bugger you cant get to vets until 2morrow….have you got some glucose…get a glucose solution in him with a tiny tiny bit of salt if you can to reduce dehydration….it will help his stress level if you can get him in a cover…maybe one of your t shirts with your scent on it…keep him away from diesel dog and as quiet as you can…does he like bananas…mash a banana and hand feed it him every couple of hours….dont give him any meat…..

hugs and more hugs and even more hugs…..and try and stay calm and collected ok…he needs you now more than you have ever needed him…so …you know the rest dont have to say it

xxxx

white lights and healing thoughts sent from Stan and me :-* :-*

Diesel73
    quote :

have you got some glucose…get a glucose solution in him with a tiny tiny bit of salt if you can to reduce dehydration

no, but i got ORSV. That’s a uhm… powder you mix with water, tastes little salty. it what newborns get agains dehydration when they got high fever and vomite won’t stop. it can be given to newborn babies.
    drinking he does well, he has had several drinks and not vomited since. he got up a few times to move because he had to pee but can’t stand on feet long enough to do that. so he pees and moves because he not want to lay in his own urine.

he been very calm and sleeps almost constant.

no bev, banana ….. is fruit. wodan really hates fruit and veggies  ::) . i got to mash it and ‘hide’ it under his minced meat or he won’t eat any at all.

quote :

hugs and more hugs and even more hugs…..and try and stay calm and collected ok…he needs you now more than you have ever needed him…so …you know the rest dont have to say it

got things under control again. But was doing an awefull shitty job at it this morning.  ::)

quote :

keep him away from diesel dog and as quiet as you can

for the last few hours diesel got to be someplace else than wodan. at first he completely had no interest in wodan or what we were doing with him but  he being a pain in the arse for the past two  hours. wants to shag sunshine’s leg constantly and when he gets told off than everything else in his reach and all of a sudden he does not like it when i’m giving wodan his drink.
    His hormones seem to be all over the place. Like as if he wants to make a statement that he thinks he’s the new man around the house. even as a pupper he never ever been out of hormone control.

i’ll try to get him to eat some banana, but i’m not sure if i can convince him.

kizkiznobite

not sure what that stuff is but sounds like our dioralyte…if it got potassium in it forget the banana

go real easy on diesel hun…he doing what he ‘programmed’ to do…hard i know but nature is hard at times…just seperate and try and chill him down with a bone…let wodan sleep…he will know who is there by his side even in his sleep

all of you in my thoughts xxxx

Mudgie

thinking of you Diesel and of your boy.  I too agree this sounds like a stroke.  Keep him calm and quiet until morning until you can see vet.  Will be a long night for you  :-*

Crying for your boy here – sorry Diesel it not that bad just makes me sad  :'( We been there too with Buster and its horrid – first time he had one he lost all control was awful  -he came through it and i just know wodan will too  :-*  :-* Honey hated Buster when it happened and would launch at him for smallest thing ((((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))))  :-*  :-*

*Lassie*

Diesel just seen this, so sorry. Paws and fingers crossed he makes a good recovery. (((hugs))) to you and yours

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime