Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health VAL,BEV,MY WODAN,URGENT… not urgent anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)
  • Author

No idea what all that means but i am glad hes made it through the night  :-* The rocking eyes is horrid our vet said it can make them feel very sick,  :-*  :-* hugs to you all and hope hes feeling even better soon xxx

*Lassie*

So pleased he is a little better. To Woden :-* :-*

Val

So it was a stroke ((HUGS)) to the lad

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=14604.msg271139#msg271139 date=1249930107]
    we are home….

quote :

Are his eyes still rocking?

Less, but yes they still are. But now you can’t see that from a distance no more. You got to look close into his eyes to see them still moving.

Now that i got my things together again  ::) ….. ok, this is what it is;
    blood was taken and tested. this is the results;
    UREA 2.7mmol/L
    CREA 65µmol/L
    PHOS 1,04mmol/L
    CA 2.49mmol/L
    TP 70g/L
    ALB 36g/L
    GLOB 34g/L
    ALT 70U/L
    ALKB 129 U/L
    TBIL 5ùmo/L
    CHOL 8.15mmol/L
    AMYL 558U/L
    GLU 6.22mmol/L
    RBC 7.1×10^12/L
    HCT 49.7ù
    HGB 17.0g/dL
    MCV69.8fL
    MCH 23.85pg
    MCHC 34.2g/dL
    RDW 15.1%
    %RETIC 0.3%
    RETIC 18.7K/ùL
    WBC 6.86X10^9L
    %NEU 73.2%
    %LYM 12.8%
    %MONO 11.6%
    %EOS 1.7%
    %BASO 0.7%
    NEU 5.02X10^9/L
    LYM 0.88X10^9/L
    MONO 0.79X10^9L
    EOS 0.12X10^9/L
    BASO 0.05X10^9/L
    PLT 434K/ùL
    MPV 11.39/fL
    PDW 17.6%
    PCT 0.5%

medicaments are;
    karsivan (propentofyllinum 50 mg) 2x a dag 1 tablet, for the rest of his life.
    prednisolone 5mg kela (prednisolonum 5mg)
    starting tomorrow 3days 2 tablets 2x a dag
    than 5days 2tablets 1xday
    than 1 month 1 tablet 1x a day
    than 1 month 1/2 tablet 1x adayvit B1 1tablet per 5 kg for atleast 14 days.
    [/quote]

So sorry to hear this.  (((((HUGS))))) to you all!  :-*

Diesel73

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14604.msg271141#msg271141 date=1249932757]
    No idea what all that means but i am glad hes made it through the night  :-* The rocking eyes is horrid our vet said it can make them feel very sick,  :-*  :-* hugs to you all and hope hes feeling even better soon xxx
    [/quote]
    Suz, i got no idea what that all means either  :-\ . All i know is that i am ‘kaput’. This morning he was walking a tour around the livingroom, still not to strong on his feet, but hey he was up and walking slowly in the direction he wanted to go, little wobbly, but not swinging about like an old drunk. He wanted a drink  🙂 . My hopes were so up-up-up. His eyes still moved a little but less than yesterday. Than he wanted to go downstairs for a wee. But he could not hold it up long enough for me to pick him up and bring him downstairs. So he did it in the livingroom and walked a few steps away from it. Than he wanted to shake his coat, but that was a bridge to far and he fell over.
    I took him out and put him on his favourite spot. he slept there most of the time befor we left for the vet. Everytime he woke up he needed to wee, dribbled some on his on coat and than got up for a full wee and went to sleep a few steps away from the spot he wetted.
    At the vet….. he wanted to give him up due to his age  :'( , i did not. As long as Wodan does not want piss on himself and he is not in any pain and he’s not throwing in the towel, than i am not going to let him go.
    He found it odd that wodan was so calm. But wodan always calm when he’s stressed, he never panics on the outside. The vet gave my wife the ‘is he telling the truth look’. Than i said ‘i know someone, and i asked, and you can give him this (i wrote down what val said he should have) and than we’ll take it from there. When my wife confirmed wodan IS a calm very controled dog he was willing to test his blood and take it from there.
    He took blood and put him on IV. He said he was amazed how good wodan’s blook was. Said it was just as good as a huge load of young dogs’ blood is.

Long story short….. i had to convince him for a minute to pull my wodan through, even if it is just for now. But me in defence mode……  ::) i bring out every weapon i got in my arsenal. And i did. I was completely not prepaired for this  :'( . I was hoping, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and i was not willing to let it go.Wodan was better today than he was yesterday, even just a little is a little, no matter howlong it takes, litte better is better. I’m not asking for a wodan who can go on 15km walks again. All i want is my retired boy back. More or less, but i wanted him back. I did not go there knowing in the back of my mind that i might just end there. I went convinced that he would come back hime with me. Even if it just for a little while longer. I didn’t think i would come home today without him……..

I know now, looking back……. i know i should have. Bev told me this, she tried to prepaire me in her sweet soothing way, like only she can  :-* .
    I read it Bev, your email, i read it several times over and over. I decided to do what’s best, to leave it up to Wodan. As you said. And i am. Thàt i was prepaired for. But driving over there wodan wanted to sit up straight to look outside. He doesn’t want to go yet. Nothing so far has told me he wants it to end. My wife has a much clearer vision, and she said ‘ok, go for it, try it, he wants to try it’. If he would not have been better than yesterday i still would have tried. If he would have been worse…. than  :'(…..But he was better, i didn’t say anything, i asked my wife what she thought, and she said it too. So……

I convinced him, and he said that due to his bloodtest results and the fact that he never been ill befor he was willing to go allong with it. The meds i got to take home are for another 2 months and a week, and than he wants to see him again. If he not making any kind of progress by than, than……… You know what will be unavoidable……
    If so, if he does progress better, than we’ll continue his meds.

in went the meds, he got a injection with steroids, and something else. Next thing i was more than 170£ poorer. His meds cost rediculiously expensive. But i do not care. Back home he had a few little strols around the garden of a few feet.
    Only thing is that he won’t eat. He has not eating anything yesterday, and not today. He took a little out of my hand, but spitted it back out.
    So Suz, you might be right about that, he might be nousious. But he needs to eat tomorrow, even if just little something. He needs to take his pills, so say a little prayer for me girls, that atleast he eats a little, just a little, just enough for me to hide his pills in.

It’s hard. I’m not sure how to feel. Extatic that i got him back home with me, even if just for now. Or that i should be scared of feeling extatic because my vision might get clouded to what is right under my eyes  :-\ ……

Oneday i will have to let him go. I know that now. And i’ll still break down and go completely kaput for a while. But i’ll bounce back knowing i did what ever it takes and beyond. But seeing my boy like this, my tough man, my bigdude, my ROCK……. i know suffering is no life for him. As long as he holds his pride up, he sticks around. But when that breaks, …….

I’ll be there for you boy  :-* , i’ll be broken  :'(, i’ll might vomit all over the vet’s parking again like today when i put you back into my car and was sooooo relieved you were coming back home with me and stress came out litterally….. but you know what? i’ll do it all over again for you. I wont let you down. I went with a migraine, came back with it and a stomach that felt like as if it has 10 ulsers, and i might cry all over you like a five year old. But i’ll be there. If you say the word….. i’ll be there  :-*.

quote :

So it was a stroke ((HUGS)) to the lad

Yes it was. You were right  :-* .
    I even brought you up in my defence for wodan to treat him. Accept i was rambling on and the vet thought you were a dude  ::) .

wodan’s tilting his head a little to the left. And if he wobbles and falls over he falls to the left, so it the right brainhalf that been damaged. But he not walks in cicles. He just needs time to learn how to walk straight again. or somewhat straight.

Ah  :'( how is it possible…. why, gods why does this happen to such a strong, proud and beautiful boy? He never done any wrong, he a golden dog. I pray that when it is time….. if it has come  :'( …… Than PLEASE grand me this wish;
    please great one, come and take him at night, come to him in his dreams and lead him to the eternal huntingfields.Do not, please do NOT let him suffer.  I can find peace with him being taken from me, i know it is out of my hands. But please not earthly way, please spare me and my boy this. Come and take him softly in an eternal sleep. But only when that time has come.

Diesel73

Something i forgot……….

Thank you Val for your advice for wodan, and a little sentence you wrote that stuck in my mind. That name, the name of that girl……..It was my light. Your Eysha, Val, she was my light at the end of the tunnel. She went through it, my boy was not alone. Thank you for lending her to me girl  :-* .

Thank you Bev for your advice for wodan and for me. You seem to know me so well  :-* . You are specially very wise about things like these. Thank you for being there for me  :-* . I do hear every word you say. I might forget some of them sometimes, but when you remember me of it i know you are always right  :-* .

Thank you rest of the girls for your kind words and prayers  :-* . You girls were all there for me. Thank you once more.

And Izzie? Thank you for sticking with me ay? :-* , thank you for yesterday, for picking up the pieces and putting it back together when the diesellocomotive broke down. You kept me going and focussed, and telling me what to look for. You said ‘sorry i’m not of much use’. But you were so wrong there Izz, so wrong  😉  :-* . You aload me a cyberspace to panic, right here, where it is silent and into the written word, so that i could hold it together here in the house.

Xtine?  :-* , you too girl, you too.

Val

Oh hugs Diesel this could of been me with Layla saying this ………why, gods why does this happen to such a strong, proud and beautiful boy? He never done any wrong,
    Neither did Layla I was still showing her in the veteran classes she was fit and healthy had done a hike the day she had the stroke but she still had it.

I have a friend with a beardie that was affected the same as Wodan he walked around like Wodan is doing today it took him three weeks to get the legs going straight but he did he recovered took him best part of a week to start eating again he was a little slow but loved life for three or four more years, he was part of a pack of beardies and still ran with the pack at home so don’t give up yet.
    Layla as I said yesterday was much worse that Wodan she could hardly get her head up and she never walked again so Wodan is doing well.
    Get those pills down him, you take something for your head and lets see what tomorrow brings will be logging in as soon as I have finished grooming
    Val

Mudgie

I dont think I have ever felt so moved by anything written on this board.  I truly hope that Wodan makes a decent recovery.  I will be thinking of you Diesel and sunshine and your kids and knowing that you will be doing a good job and willing him on with love.

Let us know of progress no matter how small – progress is progress – take care big guy  :-*

Cant say anything else other than what ive pmed you – but will be checking in tomorrow too soon as i can  :-*

Misty23

Ilm sending healing thoughts to wodan, hope you have your boy with you for a while longer :-*

Just popping in to say hope Wodans feeling a little better today  :-* will be back again tonight to check

kizkiznobite

am glad you both pulled through…even if it just for a while….it will give you both time to prepare….he needs to know he can leave you…when the time comes he will ask and you will tell him it ok….you will because you will know it is what he needs to hear xxxxx but in the meantime…cherish every moment…dont grieve before he is gone….you will regret it if you do xxx

and a bit of white light hun…holliesocks lived aniother 3 years after her initial big stroke…yeah she was a bit of a wobble bum at times…and yeah she had some seniour moments….i put her on the anitoxidants told you about before and she was just fine….hope woden manages the same

hugssssss xxxxxxx

Anonymous

Our thoughts are also with you  :-* :-*

Diesel73

Bev, tried everything, honey, minced meat in tiny balls raw and cooked…. it ain’t happening. Only way i got him to take his meds is with 2 ultra thing slices of salami  ::) .
    thought it might be the garlic. that smells strong so i put some garlic on the minced meat balls……. nope. he won’t even let me rube it on his gums. spits everything back out and keeps his jaws locked like a shark  :-\ . i tried trowing a tiny meat ball at the end of his throat, but he just won’t swallow it. it took a long time, i thought i must have slid down his throat himself that’s how long it took. When i let go of his head==> out came the meatball….with meds. with salami and the end, ate it straight away.
    The honey absolutely not a succes. he acts asif he find that really really icky. yoghurt and stuff the same.

Diesel73

He ate about a 100 grams of cooked minced meat :yes: . Finaly he ate something. But that he prefers his meat cooked now is something i thought would never èver happen  ??? .

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime