Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Val………

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Val………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

I needs your assistance please!  ;D

This isnt for one of my dogs, someone else who is in dire need of help with thier dog:

a cocker spaniel has been on and off AB’s for some type of infection:

It seems to be on the inside of the top and bottom of his mouth but spreading to the very top/bottom of his gums. All that can really be seen is redness and he’s very tender. At one point though we had blister-type lesions as well. Cleaning his mouth with produces some brown sludge but recently there has been very little. The first indication of a flare up is usually that he’s sore, and next comes the smell. He is currently taking 200mg Metonidazole each day and when the course ends we will have 3-6 weeks until he needs to go back on them again

Any ideas oh knowledgeable one? :-* ;D ;D

Anonymous

not val i know but gingivitis ??

brown sludge being old blood ?

claire x

Izzie

They have been back and forth from the vet, will ask to see if she can get some pics  🙂

Anonymous

i would try for a referral to a dental vet or 2nd opinion with this many trips …

Anonymous

Sorry Izzie this site is getting slower and slower on my computer it’s got to be the server change as the rest are fine.
    Anyway this sounds like skin-fold pyoderma fold dermatitis it occurs due to rubbing of skin and trapping of moisture in the folds. Pyoderma (bacterial skin infection) commonly develops, almost always caused by Staphylococcus intermedius.
    The best way to treat it is topicical with a good residual action wash but with minimal drying or irritating actions (eg. 0.5% chlorhexidine or 2% benzoyl peroxide).
    I was once told by a dermatologist the best thing was vinegar but start with 10% vinegar as 100% would be to painful.
    Have to say it’s an inherited AI condition very hard to treat and AB do NOT work it will aways come back it has to be treated the old fashioned way topically
    Val

Izzie

Thanks Val will pass it on to them  :-*

xtine

would olive leaf (?) work for this Val / Bev?

Anonymous

No it needs something more aggressive my Molly had this my vet removed the folds that helped a lot but I always wiped her mouth round and always did it with vinegar she had lots of AI problems, this dog could transfer this to any part of his body where skin joins tissue ie; his lipstick his bottom his eyes.
    The owners have to be super clean with him my Molly also had vinegar rinses when she had a bath and was always well dried after if a groomer is doing this dog then a very clean face is what this dog needs helps to cut down the infection
    Val

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime