Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Vitamin E / selenium immune boosting

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Vitamin E / selenium immune boosting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mrs L

hi

following on from my recent colitis thread, I’ve been looking through the forums about the immune boosting suggestion, but wanted some clarification please …

I looked in Boots and Superdrug at the weekend and they had Selenium with A,C and E added, but not just E, and not Vitamin E with Selenium … should I get separate plain Selenium and plain Vitamin E, and is it ok to get normal “human” vit tablets, or should it be the little homeopathic (sp?) tabs please?

Also, the colitis aside, Oscar has pretty dry skin, and oftens chews at himself, so is there anything to make him feel nicer (for himself I mean – he’s gorgeous to me as he is!)

thank you 🙂
    Mrs L

xtine

I give sel with A, C and E.. think it’s the right stuff  🙂

what diet is Oscar on?

Mrs L

hi

the diet is a bit of a story at the mo – he (and my other Cav) have suffered colitis over the past few years – normally every 6 months or so… they were on Naturediet (wet) ’til they changed the manufacturing plant and then it didn’t agree with them (don’t know if the change is coincidence – we noticed it smelt different, so I think there’s something in that), then they were on JWB kibbles with some chicken as Ozzie wasn’t overly keen on the kibbles by themselves.  I’m now in the process of doing the chicken / fish / rice / pasta diet and slowly introducing Chappie as I’ve had recommendations from my other post on here … early days yet, but they’re enjoying it, and the poos are a mixed bag, so will wait and see.  Ozzie had a scurf problem since a pup – he’s a very highly strong dog too, so whether the whole thing is tied up, I don’t know!

Mrs L

p.s.. congrats on the recent wedding – noticed it on your ticker  🙂

xtine

Thanks.. ought to change it now I guess  😀

Sweetypye

Be very careful with both supplements.

Selenium in particular, are you aware of the side effects of giving too much?

Mrs L

to be honest, I don’t know anything – I had a recommendation, did the search but couldn’t find anything definitive, so thought it best to do a new post .. hope that’s ok :embarrass:

*Lassie*

Side effects on humans, can’t find dogs
    http://aids.emedtv.com/selenium/selenium-side-effects.html

xtine

oh god.. i hate reading about side effects.. I’m always thinking ‘that’s me, yep.. that too…. oh crumbs i feel like that  😮 ‘  😀

Anonymous

It can now be found in the stickies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime