Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

wanted: people to work with dogs and small animals

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? wanted: people to work with dogs and small animals

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

Are you in the Northamptonshire area or close to the border in surrounding counties ?

Due to continued success (now over 70 clients on the books) “Dotty 4 Dogs” are looking for polite, responsible candidates to join their established team providing love and care for dogs and other small animals.

Please give Clare Gilby a call on 07983 433574 for an informal chat.  I have used dotty4dogs for William and Bonnie and wouldnt hesitate to use them again (wills and bonnie also go mad for their home-made treats).  Clare is a lovely lady and very dedicated to fitting business alongside her young family and two lovely dogs Lilly and Emmy.  Her work ethic is very sensible – you would not be expected to walk umpteen dogs at once, or dogs from many different homes all together.  With dogs in creche or overnight care, you would be expected to be with them a good part of the day to suit the dog/animals.

more about the company can be found at http://www.dotty4dogs.co.uk 

Claire x

poochiemama

hi where is it situated? my 17 year old daughter  is at moulton college she is a special needs student  and may be interested in helping out  she did some work experience at brockhall kennels and is doing rural studies at moulton college which inviolves small animal care

jane

kizkiznobite

hi and welcome…sounds good to me  🙂

claire?

Anonymous

Hi,

The small animal services they provide are “boarding” (this would be done at your own home using either equipment provided by you, or the animals owner) or “pet visits” which would be to go and visit cats and other small animals at their home which can involved feeding, water, cleaning etc… and “pet sitting” where she would typically be staying in someone’s property while they were away.

I’m not quite sure if you’re asking if she can shadow someone or take on work herself but your best option is to call Clare on 07983 433574.  I think most of the work is in and around northampton itself with some in other towns nearby such as daventry.

There are a number of companies like this locally but Dotty4dogs is by far the best service.  I know one of the ladies that works for Clare is a lecturer/teacher in grooming at Moulton College (Lucy Franklin) so your daughter may know her already?

If she is looking to volunteer with a range of small animals / cats / dogs / farm animals … then Animals In Need at Little Irchester are always in need of helpers to clean, brush, exercise, look after their animals.  The people who run the rehoming centre which is situated on a smallholding are lovely lovely people – especially Annette and I am sure would welcome your daughter too.

Claire x

poochiemama

have left a message for claire    animals in needs sounds good but i think transport may be a prob but might give annette a ring  dont suppose u have a number for them have u hun?
    will ask my daughter abt lucy  ;D

Anonymous

Hi,

yep – its 01933 278080

they are just off the A45 w’bro turn.  they may have someone else coming from northampton, i am not sure but worth asking.

Claire x

poochiemama

thanx claire ur a star is it annette gudgen ? hope i spelt that right  :-\ 

Anonymous

do you know i’ve never asked her last name – too busy awwing over the ratties last time i went … if i didnt think my dog would eat them …. i could quite easily take him a few ratties they are so entertaining !!

claire x

poochiemama

rang animals in need they sound keen said to go pick a volenteer form up …only prob will be transport for her gettin over  but i will see what i can do

Anonymous

fingers crossed – perhaps there will be a volunteer who could take her?

Claire x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime