Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wasp

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Wasp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

ok, it’s been a couple of days since we’ve had a concern  ::)

we got stung by wasps today, just now actually, I got stung twice and Sadie got one right over her eye, basically the eyebrow…it’s swollen, looks like she went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, swelling is localised around the sting

wipe it with vinegar?  If swelling spreads off to vet asap?

*Lassie*

Give her some antihistamine 😉 if it swells too much  then the vet

xtine

ooh ouch poor you and poor Sadie –  hope the swelling goes down so she doesn’t have to go see nasty vetman  :-*  :-*

*Nick*

don’t have any antihistamine but I wiped it with vinegar….swelling seems to be going down already….vet opens in 10 minutes if necessary

[img width=468 height=314]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/nmitchell1_photos/IMG_0806.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=318]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/nmitchell1_photos/IMG_0804.jpg[/img]

Yep vinegar or lemon juice!

Izzy was stung on the muzzle a last year or sometime, her whole right lip swelled up (see pic) i gave her some piriton and she was fine  🙂

Attachments:

xtine

ouch ouch! That looks big bless her…  :-*

Anonymous

Naughty Nick NO antihistamine in the house shame on you, as others have said vinegar or lemon juice will be fine, she will live just rush to the vet if she ever gets stung in the mouth other than that the V or L and a couple of antihistamine will cure all
    Val

*Nick*

Yes, I know Val….I don’t take any medecines at all, nothing for colds,aches and pains or anything so my medecine cabinet is basically empty…although it is growing and everything in there is for sadie  ::)

Izzie

Poor Sadie,

Jess got herself stung by a wasp last summer. Gave her antihistamine and rushed her to the vets as she immediately went downhill, the sting was found in her tongue.

Hope she back to normal soon  :-*

Oh ouchy ouchy Sadie poor girl – make sure Daddy gives you something really nice for tea  :-*

quote :

Oh ouchy ouchy Sadie poor girl – make sure Daddy gives you something really nice for tea

Or if he doesn’t, take some more veal for yourself missy!  >:D Sorry Nick couldn’t resist!

*Nick*

Thanks everyone, 1 1/2 hours after the sting the swelling has gone down a lot. She sleeping.
    ouchie, poor Jess and Izzy  :-*

We had a dinner party last night so she’ll have leftover roast pork tonight  😉

she sure can look ever so sad in pictures sometimes eh!  😀

*Nat*

Ouch nasty  :-*

Sweetypye

Keep the homoepathic remedies of Apis Mel for bee stings and Vespa for wasp stings.

kizkiznobite

thats interesting SP  :-\ …i used to but the toxins that falkor reacts to so badly (we have to carry a pen for toxic shock) also include the ingredients in the apis and when we tested it on a non sting day he reacted..mildly true but still reacted  :-\

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime