Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Watch for idiots at Crufts

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Watch for idiots at Crufts

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=30

When you see that topics being featured on each day are ‘Terrier & Hound’ (the other victims of blood sports); ‘Toy & Utility’ (animals are not toys); ‘Gundog’ (!) and ‘working & Pastoral’ (animals should not be slaves) ::)

Izzie

::) ::) ::)

.dodger.

::) ::) great ::)

Justine&Rafe

Do you know what annoyed me the most about that…

Breeding unhealthy dog’s…

The misuse/abuse of the apostrophe.  (should be just dogs – plural does not have an apostrophe!!)

Even if we were breeding unhealthy dogs’ dinners, the apostrophe wouldn’t be where they’ve left it.

Learn to write correctly and you’ll gain a little more respect from the educated masses.  Oh, and change your silly policies or it won’t be much.

Anonymous

[quote author=Justine&Rafe link=topic=13687.msg260751#msg260751 date=1234885490]
    Do you know what annoyed me the most about that…

Breeding unhealthy dog’s…

The misuse/abuse of the apostrophe.  (should be just dogs – plural does not have an apostrophe!!)

Even if we were breeding unhealthy dogs’ dinners, the apostrophe wouldn’t be where they’ve left it.

Learn to write correctly and you’ll gain a little more respect from the educated masses.  Oh, and change your silly policies or it won’t be much.
    [/quote]today i meet a bulldog i was abount twenty feet from it and heard it trying to breath so stop getting picky and start trying to stop the bigest dog show in the world from showing dogs that suffer because  of  the breed standed and just because you can spell  etc  you seem to think you are better than pepole who cant i cant spell very well  but i am a very good dog owner next time you watch a dog show count how many dogs could run free for two hours a day like mine and becuse of breed stanerd  my dog has a stump not the tail; he was born with
    k
    i

y
    p

Justine&Rafe

Farrokh, I have a lot of respect for the posts you write.  It certainly seems like you put the needs of your dog first.

Did you read the link?  Where it said that “working” dogs was an offensive title because “dogs are not slaves”?  The content of the site was pitiful at best.  It showed a distinct lack of education about dogs’ needs generally.  There is a big distinction between breeding for health and banning the breeding of pedigree dogs altogether.  If you took the time to read some of the other posts I have written on you would know my views on this matter.  I feel very strongly that breeding healthy pedigree dogs is a good thing.  And no, I don’t believe crufts should be stopped, I think that the emphasis should be on putting health above “beauty”.

And yes, I do think it is important if as a business you want to be taken seriously that you use good grammar.  If you were to write a CV I have no doubt that you would take the time to use a spell/grammar check on your computer.

Anonymous

[quote author=Justine&Rafe link=topic=13687.msg261749#msg261749 date=1235940196]
    Farrokh, I have a lot of respect for the posts you write.  It certainly seems like you put the needs of your dog first.

Did you read the link?  Where it said that “working” dogs was an offensive title because “dogs are not slaves”?  The content of the site was pitiful at best.  It showed a distinct lack of education about dogs’ needs generally.  There is a big distinction between breeding for health and banning the breeding of pedigree dogs altogether.  If you took the time to read some of the other posts I have written on you would know my views on this matter.  I feel very strongly that breeding healthy pedigree dogs is a good thing.  And no, I don’t believe crufts should be stopped, I think that the emphasis should be on putting health above “beauty”.i would if i knew how to as you see i am hopeless on a comp

And yes, I do think it is important if as a business you want to be taken seriously that you use good grammar.  If you were to write a CV I have no doubt that you would take the time to use a spell/grammar check on your computer.
    [/quote]

Val

All this watching for idiots is media hype, there are idiots every year at Crufts

Anonymous
    Inactive

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

quote :

All this watching for idiots is media hype, there are idiots every year at Crufts

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime