Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wee problem

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Wee problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

A friend of mine has a collie bitch that is 3 years old, she is due in season but no sight yet ::) The problem is just before, during and just after a season she wees in the bedroom at night. She sleeps in the bedroom on the floor and is normally very clean. She didn’t do it at her first season but she has done it ever since, she doesn’t ask to go out at this time when normally when she wants a wee you know about it. I was thinking some irritation causing it? but how do we stop it?

funny i remember my mums dog doing this, the vets just dismissed it and gave them drops from incontinance  ::)   

*Lassie*

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12429.msg240341#msg240341 date=1221164523]
    funny i remember my mums dog doing this, the vets just dismissed it and gave them drops from incontinance  ::)   
    [/quote]

That’s typical ::) if she was incontinent it would happen all the time not just at season time. My friend thought she was just being naughty but I told her there had to be a reason.

Anonymous

Hi,

it definately sounds linked to her cycle to me.

is she red/sore or itching down there ?

is she showing other signs of urine infection (this can be one of them) – there are alot of pH changes and hormone stuff going on around this time that could be unbalancing her waterworks

does she use pads / knickers?

is she a clean girl or does she use anything to wipe her ?

Claire x

*Lassie*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12429.msg240419#msg240419 date=1221243739]
    Hi,

it definately sounds linked to her cycle to me.

is she red/sore or itching down there ?  Nope

is she showing other signs of urine infection (this can be one of them) – there are alot of pH changes and hormone stuff going on around this time that could be unbalancing her waterworks
    No sights of anything
    does she use pads / knickers? – nope

is she a clean girl or does she use anything to wipe her ? she keeps herself clean

Claire x
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Sorry Lassie missed this
    This problem can be benign tumours,  sometimes there are a few, they grow under hormonal control from the ovaries – similar to fibroids in humans. They may just cause a swelling at the back end of the girlie but if they appear higher up the vagina, they interfere with urination they can also cause constipation.
    Have to say this is the only reason I can think of has she taken her for a check as it’s not normal for this to happen something like the hormones are triggering it if she was mine I would wait for the mating time and get her checked as when the vulva is open it’s easier to have a feel round, the vet can go no higher than the ring but I am afraid if this is the problem spaying is the only answer that I know of it’s not something that goes away
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12429.msg240340#msg240340 date=1221164423]
    A friend of mine has a collie bitch that is 3 years old, she is due in season but no sight yet ::) The problem is just before, during and just after a season she wees in the bedroom at night. She sleeps in the bedroom on the floor and is normally very clean. She didn’t do it at her first season but she has done it ever since, she doesn’t ask to go out at this time when normally when she wants a wee you know about it. I was thinking some irritation causing it? but how do we stop it?
    [/quote]

*Lassie*

Thanks Val I’ll let her know

Anonymous

aww i hope its not this lassie esp. if she’s a rough as i’m guessing her coat will go crazy. 

in the short term i bet its distressing such a clean little baby – this could be a possible candidate for pup pads i would imagine such a clean little girl will keep her housetraining.  my bonnie did during the time she was incontinent good luck with her x

claire x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime