Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

what are your thoughts??

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs what are your thoughts??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

ok i went into P@H today and saw a dogit water fountain

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/dogs/addinfo/dogit_fountain.cfm

and just wondered what you lot would think of it. is it a good idea to have one or not? if so then why? those types of questions.

ok and go ;D

Anonymous

mmm dont know really, it says  its recirculating the water but its the same water going round & round isnt it, I change my dogs water 4/5 times a day , dont think I’d buy one.

Anonymous

I must be sad 🙁 as not only have I got one I’ve got the cat version too ! My dogs & cats love them & it does encourage the cats to drink more  😉

well stan will go through days were he wont drink (or not that ive seen) and i did contemplate getting one but thought i would find out what everyone thought first

Anonymous

wow, 4-5 times a day !

mine get fresh once the bowl gets down to about 1″ from bottom or when we’ve been doing training and they have a break.

bonnie sometimes doesnt drink much but it doesnt relate to new or old water she’ll soon have a nice small bowl of watery dog milk if i am worried 🙂

claire x

Anonymous

If you saw what was in the bowl after they’ve had a drink you’d change it  4/5 times too 😛 😛 😛  slobber, grass ,bits of food 😛 they’d probably still drink it but I dont like the look of it, so it waters the plants and they get a fresh bowl 🙂

Anonymous

Maybe it would work for him some dogs like my pekes like a high level of oxygen in their water the beardies do not care as long as it’s water as they do not drink delicately I think there would be more water under it than in it, the thing that would worry me is it’s plasic by the look of the picture and I would never use plasic with the dogs
    Val

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=12649.msg244413#msg244413 date=1223478383]
    well stan will go through days were he wont drink (or not that ive seen) and i did contemplate getting one but thought i would find out what everyone thought first
    [/quote]

Anonymous

aaah yeah – mine are neat little drinkers …. bev’s on the other hand ……. well there’s half a field and a thick layer of slobber on there after one little lap !!!!!  🙂

i dont do slobber !!!

also – i think mine might move it – they move their big heavy bowl made from ???? brown heavy stuff ?

claire 🙂

why wouldnt you used plastic val?

claire i wondered about it being moved aswell and being tipped over

xtine

hmm.. interesting point there Val about the extra oxygen in the water.. fritz will drink out of the blackest boggiest puddles and swamps (remember him throwing up in the cafe at Kenwood Bev / Widget?  :-[ )  rather than a bowl of fresh water..wonder if this would work for him?

Anonymous

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=12649.msg244453#msg244453 date=1223489295]
    why wouldnt you used plastic val?

claire i wondered about it being moved aswell and being tipped over
    [/quote]

could be dangerous then being knocked over, water/electricity 😮 😮 :hurt:

thats what i thought

Honey likes fresh water – and can vouch for Sues dobies – honey refused to drink out the bowl after they been in it  😀

when we go to dogs shows she wont drink out the ‘dirty’ bowls even if thirsty – if they change the water  she will drink it  :embarrass:

shes always first in the queue for fresh water at home  ;D

so are they a good idea to have then or is it personal preferance?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime