Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

what breed?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs what breed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What breed does everyone suggest? Im not working at the minute but might be going back part time. I would love a bullmastiff but reading conflicting advice about how they are with kids. Paul has really got his heart set on another bordeaux and I would love another, but couldnt go through what we went  through with benson again  :-\  :'( 

Val

So what would make a Bordeaux any better with children that a Mastiff?
    You are looking at two breeds that have there own problems health wise also both are guarding breeds.
    Val

*Nat*

Do you want a puppy or would you consider rescuing? Cos you know what I’d reccommend  😉

Anonymous

i dont think that bordeauxs are any better with kids, im asking oppinions as to what you think and explaining what i have read, and when i have read up they are both apparently great with kids, but others say bullmastiffs are only tolerent of them.
      i also know they are guarding breeds, which is why i dont want another one.

i would like a puppy ideally, i dont know of any rescues that allow to adopt with the kids  :-\
    what you got in mind nat?  ;D

Izzie

quite a few rescues rehome to homes with kids, I know that for sure as a coordinator for essw.

Nat wants you to take on a nice likkle staffy ;D

Izzie

Leanne,

Give me an idea of who Benson was and what happened?, sorry I think you were a member on here before I joined and got pulled in  :whistle:

What was your previous username?

Anonymous

We would love a rescue if we could find the right dog. Round in manchester they dont rehome to familys with under 5s, and one of the rescues I am unsure of, they never have any information, they dont homecheck or assess the dog and as most of them are strays they have no background. Previous name was fizzigal.  ;D

Izzie

Am going to ask, and dont take offence please, as a few people recently have!

What happened with Benso if you dont mind me asking? you welcome to pm me if you prefer 🙂

*Nat*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15730.msg279101#msg279101 date=1298226823]
    quite a few rescues rehome to homes with kids, I know that for sure as a coordinator for essw.

Nat wants you to take on a nice likkle staffy ;D
    [/quote]

Spot on Izzie  ;D

I know you have younger children though and as you say some rescues won’t go there! Sky’s from Manchester, she’s our little Manc hehe  ;D

I can’t remember what happened with Benson now Leanne  :embarrass: , was quite a while ago now wasnt it, brains gone  :confused:

Anonymous

I remember reading on facebook she was from manchester. Was she from the dogs home? X

*Nat*

No, Claire put us in touch with her, she’s helps out a Rescue called BullieSOS and Sky was still in her previous home. The couple had split so needed to find a new home so had got in touch with the Rescue! Sky left her home the day before we got her so she didn’t need to go into kennels which was a bonus! We’re really lucky as I’m in touch with her previous owner so was able to find out lots about her history  🙂

Anonymous

oh i think i remeber reading something about that, i saw her profile and had a look at some of her dogs. they were lovely!
      So glad she working out for you  🙂

*Nat*

:-*thanks Leanne

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime