Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What can i call my Dogue De Bordeaux puppy?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs What can i call my Dogue De Bordeaux puppy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    2007allday

i’m currently awaiting the arrival of my first dogue de bordeaux female puppy, i cannot decide on a name, i want something that represents the breed of dog for example, Zeus or Hooch would be ideal names for a male but im struggling to come up with something similar sounding for a female. I like Nonook and Saigon but my husband doesnt – he came up with Tilly! – which with no offence to people to have a dog called that but i want something unusal and different, tilly just doesnt suit a Dogue. Please help.

Izzie

Hi and Welcome

I knew of a DDB called Sadie- she was a real gem of a dog and perfectly Gorgeous!  :-*

*Nick*

Tonantzin – Aztec Goddess

there, search over  :agree:

GSPmad

How about

Bellona – Roman Goddess of War
    Geante – French for giant
    Baver – French for drool  ;D

or you could have a look here http://lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm

Marcatrude – which according to that link is an ancient feminine French name.  🙂

i would go for BOOMER i think its a great name for a dogue!  ;D

no name suggestions – but dont call it Hooch that is NOT original  😉

leoti

I am puppy sitting a lovely Dogue De Bordeaux puppy who is 9 weeks old and he is called Sidney LOL and here he is [img width=468 height=351]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/leoti2/pongo017.jpg[/img] which breeder are you getting her from

.dodger.

he is gorgeous leoti :-* i like hooch and boomer but as suz says they not very original 😉

how about Nikora or Kora?

Prem2Pram

How about Hestia – Very little is known about this serene, peaceful goddess other than she was the sister of Zeus and both Poseidon and Apollo sought her hand in marriage.

Anonymous

Merlot, Sauvignon, Médoc, are wines from the Bordeaux region.  I quite like Merlot or Medoc. ;D

Anonymous

mmmmm I know a Taz, a Honey and a Dakota, you need something thats not going to be too much of mouthful, remember you’ll be calling it out across parks and fields so you dont want it to be too wierd either 😉

Anonymous

I shout Tallulah and Hermione!  What’s wrong with those????? :butt: :yes: ;D

Anonymous

hooch and dakota are corny american to me

I like Hestia – tia for short ?

or if you want somethink linked to heritage how about Ellie after Eleanor of Aquitaine (now known as Bordeaux).  she sounds a good bet – wealthy and powerful and the mum of 2 english kings, and queen to a french and english king.

this is a description of her “Eleanor was extroverted, lively, intelligent, and strong willed” …. she could have entered “dog most like its owner” with this as this sounds DDB all over to me.

Claire x

leoti

What about calling her Magentas, as this is the name of the B**ch that won the first Dog show in Paris at the Jardin d’ Acclimatation in 1863 and she was a douge de bordeaux

Anonymous

hehe – she could be “madge” for short !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime