Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What Shampoo?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? What Shampoo?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Ok ladies one for the groomers  😉
    When the weather warms up a bit Tam and Willow are having a bath >:D
    There are so many shampoos around and some are pricy, what shampoo is the best all rounder and where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Anonymous

I used a human no perfume/colour shampoo like Nutralia in the parlour with excellent results, even with Westies with sensitive skin.  The secret is to put about an inch in the bottom of a large jug and fill with warm water.  The diluted shampoo is easier to spread and easier to rinse out.  The second trick is to rinse, rinse and rinse again!  😉 🙂

*Lassie*

Brilliant ;D thanks Rough 😉
    Always been told you mustn’t use human shampoo but a mate that has shelties just informed me she uses baby shampoo

Anonymous

I never use human shampoo the ph is wrong but whatever suits  😮 as you have two hairies I would suggest you either buy off Groomers they sell good quality shampoo’s or Diamond Edge do a really nice green medicated one very cheap and should last you awhile
    Val

Anonymous

Baby shampoo Nar can’t get really clean with that and the ph is still wrong  ;D

[quote author=Lassiemad link=topic=11024.msg207110#msg207110 date=1206480522]
    Brilliant ;D thanks Rough 😉
    Always been told you mustn’t use human shampoo but a mate that has shelties just informed me she uses baby shampoo
    [/quote]

Worst dogs ive seen with dried out skin – bathed in bloody baby shampoo  ::) I would go with groomers- lovely shampoos they smell great. But definately dilute gos much further  😉

Anonymous

Dilute goes for Diamond Edge as well  😮

Lisa33

I know I don’t have hairys but I can reccommend the Groomers Shampoo! ;D It’s lovely and Blu’s skin doesn’t suffer for it after either. I use the oil of evening primrose one and I got that at PAH.  As I don’t bath him too often it last ages!

*Lassie*

Thanks ladies 😀

yup Lisa the EPO one is lovely – mind you wanna try buying it by the litre  ::)  😮

Chewy

Sounds daft but we used Guinea pig shampoo from Gorgous Guineas.
    Our dog reacted to most shampoo’s and after a chat with the lady who runs Gorgous Guineas tried  one of her natrual made ones that we use for my Guinea Pigs (one I got was in an awful condion, skin complaint).
    Worked wonders and smelled lubbly after.

jandog

Hi ya new to the club I am a groomer & I have found a Herbalist who makes the best shampoo ever. They are all detergent free & leave the coat in fantastic condition I never have to use a seperate conditioner on any dog now. It dilutes 10 to 1 so is economical & he makes some lovely fragrances. His name is Stuart Crisp Folklore practice they have a web site give him a try he will post. good luck with your Collies beautiful breed. Jandog

wags

ok

what would you use on Obans back end – hes heavy coated (ok very heavy coated) and he gets his knickers filthy

currently shower his knickers minimum of once a week and i use diluted ASDAs own 2 in 1 – it has to have conditioner in it other wise it feels like straw after

dont have a lot to spend and its got to go a long way because hes always mucky and yukky

wags i buy sometimes the groomers ltd value range – 5 litres for about £8……………..should last even him quite a while  Buster always feels nice after using it – and give his @rse a trim so he stops getting o mucky  😉

wags

well hes so short and he quite often ends up peeing in his coat  :-X

problem is if i start trimming it i kind of get carried away and he gets scalped  :-[

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime