Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What should we do?

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion What should we do?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rona

I wasn’t making a personal attack just trying to give my opinion.
    Another opinion of mine, and I’m sorry if it offends anyone, is, What is more important, winning at a show or the future of your puppies

If you knew Sue you wouldnt be asking that question!  >:( >:(

Anonymous

I think even with the best action plan you can’t guarantee all pups will be accounted for & that’s the same no matter how good a breeder is, or how well planned the litter is. The last litter Cass’s aunt had were all going to thier new homes & there was a waiting list before they were even born (as there was when i got Cass), but after all the others went to thier new homes 2 of the boys who were to be going to the same person were let down at the 11th hour because the person who reserved them said thier house sale had fallen through so they couldn’t have the puppies anymore.

The breeder then had to work pretty damn hard to find another new home for the 2 boys even after all that planning, which shows that even when planned from conception things can still go wrong at the last minute. Personally i don’t know why anyone in the process of selling thier home would be looking for puppies anyway until after the sale so that they can guarantee a stable home.

rona

It’s not Sue, she asked the question and is agonising over the problem. I am trying to give another perspective  on some of the advice that I have seen given

Anonymous

Had a long chat with a Dobe breeder/shower today, fab lady knew everyone and most of the dogs,gave me lots of advice and lots to think about too, I also have to take into account Dexter, will need to think alot about how it might affect him, because of his DCM, he has his 6 month check up on 2nd Dec, I have a feeling his heart may well have enlarged again and he’s losing weight already, not much 1 1/2 kg in 6 months, but some friends who’ve not seen him for a while have noticed.
    Lots to think about, and of course puppies future comes first everytime……showing will always be around 🙂

rona

I hope you find enough people to pre book your pups, as you sound just the type of person who should be enhancing the breed.
    I am sorry if my previous posts upset you. I am not the most eloquent as you have probably noticed

Anonymous

Didnt really upset me (much) 😉

I just want to do this right, its all well and good thinking oooooo puppies of course I want them doesnt everyone,  but  like Val said yesterday too I may even be jumping the gun here, if my tests dont come back clear etc then all this irrelevant anway.
    So will wait and see, we still have a few months to go before her season, hopefully people will hear about the planned mating and show an interest….watch this space!

Anonymous

Nick
    What I mean’t was when a bitch has had a litter they bloom they are the difference between a young girl with the flashing eye lids  😮 and a mature woman that is comfortable in her own skin.
    It the same with dogs.
    Jay knows me well enough to know I did not mean rush out and get her mated so she will be more mature in the ring, what I mean is the right time is her next season subject to health checks.
    And as I have said I believe the market is always there for well breed pups. Jay just needs to put the word around that she’s planning a litter, bills maybe bigger and some people maybe poorer but there is still plenty of money sloshing around out there.
    Val

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime