Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

What sounds fair?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs What sounds fair?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

:nono:      your dogs your responsibilty

Sorry but your comments just made me really angry Claire, your woe is me attitude all the time, yet it seems that at a drop of a hat you can transport a dog halfway across the country to a new home or rescue,but when it comes to your own you cant even put them in the car and take them up the road to the park a couple of times a week.

Anyway nuff said I think 🙂

Anonymous

… and i am perfectly capable of being responsible for them too !

it seems your anger has allowed you to gloss over the truth and your previous post reads more like a cheap rag !

oh and I have no idea what “woe is me” means but frankly i dont value your opinion anyway seeing as in your little tabloid journalism – you’ve implied so much unnessesary discrimination and made it quite clear that you seem to think walks are more important than dogs being put down!!  I cant say that I agree with this even tho what you wrote is a load of rubbish !!

Claire.

Prem2Pram

Claire I can understand where you are coming from because on a bad day I can’t walk and the minpins have to way for OH to take them out and if you don’t have anyone who can or will walk your dogs it can be difficult not impossible but very difficult.

Jadex disagree with people by all means, however I do think you could have worded you reply in a less confrontational manner.

*Lassie*

My go out for 30mins in the morning and then an hour+ in the afternoon, mornings are for sniffing afternoons for mad games and training. The only time I haven’t taken them out was after the gall stone op, the doctor said :nono:
    Even at my weakest with the Graves I still took them but for a shorter time after all it was them that kept me going at my lowest so it was the least I could do.

Anonymous

Lassie,

I know what you mean – I find that if I can take mine it lifts me alot 🙂  We had a great time today at delapre, didnt see any poodles but did see a lab 2 gsd a yorkie and 2 other little crossbreeds out frolicking.  Sadly, William managed to chew through one of my gundog dummies which was full of rubber chips so its looking kinda deflated now lol !!!

Claire x

*Lassie*

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12500.msg241751#msg241751 date=1221938451]
    Lassie,

I know what you mean – I find that if I can take mine it lifts me alot 🙂  We had a great time today at delapre, didnt see any poodles but did see a lab 2 gsd a yorkie and 2 other little crossbreeds out frolicking.  Sadly, William managed to chew through one of my gundog dummies which was full of rubber chips so its looking kinda deflated now lol !!!

Claire x
    [/quote]

😮 😮 hope he didn’t swallow any of the rubber 🙁

Anonymous

no no – it all just fell out, it was teeny pieces like less than 1mm square – like sugar just all ran out once he ripped the seam !  little devil bonnie has had that ages aswell !  will have to get the floaty one out now and do some water retrieves 🙂

claire x

Must admit Honey missed a walk this week with my back being bad – i simply couldnt move in the morning, took all my energys to get in car and go to work – my mum cant take her cos she cant bend down to pick up the poo – and honey ALWAYS goes on a walk – so there was my dilema I couldnt bend down either………………..was only one day though – managed the rest –  made quiet a sight picking up after her though  😀

Mudgie

This is my philosophy on this – exercise exercise exercise – although i think it depends on the breed and the dog itself.  If Nacho didnt get a lot of exercise, physical and mental  ;D    ;D he would be bored senseless and become destructive most likely be hyperactive – my other concern is that if he wasnt walked his muscles wouldnt be getting worked properly  :-\ and surely that cant be good.

It is fundamental imho that my dog gets walked and exercised every day.  My best stressfree times are walking nooch  ;D  as good as a yoga session with meditation  ;D 

I work full time, do two course two evenings a week for me and do flyball and agility with nooch too, I never have free time because I am either studying, cooking, being domestic goddess etc etc so what do I do I get up earlier – I have went from sleeping around 10 hours a night to managing on 6 or 7 – Nacho comes first  ;D  Yes sometimes I confess the last thing i feel like doing is walking in rain or snow or cold with him, when it is dark outside and cold and my bed is warm and cosy and inviting but like I said Nooch comes first.  Even when I was really ill and at my lowest I still walked the dogs – best therapy available.  😉 even when duvet therapy seems more inviting.

BB would have gladly stayed in bed – she didnt get the choice.  Nacho doesnt need to be asked twice he is at door waiting to go…………… ;D

He gets an hour in morning before I go to work, and an hour through day (dogwalker) and then he either has an activity at night time or a couple of hours tracking or exploring at country park at night.  At weekends he has at least 4 hours each day varying activities/training depending on what other commitments there are. If I had more time I would spend that time with him doing something else.  He brings out the best in me and he is so happy when he is out and about and that makes me happy  ;D

travis

Not getting at anyone here 🙂
    This is my thought’s on my dog’s excersize,the dog’s didn’t choose to come to me,it was my choice to have the dog’s and my responsibility to feed them a good diet,look after their health need’s and to give them enough excersize they require.
    I can honestly say Travis has missed 1 walk in the 3 years I have owned him,that was the day I broke my leg,I also lead a busy life,when I got Travis I had 3 little ones under 7 the youngest being 15 month’s,I also suffered with severe depression and at one point had a CPN visiting me every 2 day’s,if it wasn’t for Travis needing excersize I would probably be still housebound to this day.I can remember my neighbour’s used to laugh at me going for our walk’s,I would have Travis in one hand the babies on rein’s in the other and Kelly holding onto Travis’s lead,it was hard work keeping them all under control but it had to be done,thing’s have got easier as the kid’s have got older and Ruby has been a God send with Niamh.When I broke my leg I couldn’t weight bear for the first 6 week’s so Paul had to do the dog walking,Travis wasn’t happy he ran home to me the first twice Paul took him out,I was in plaster for 16 week’s altogether,once I could weight bear I started taking the boy out myself,Travis in one hand and a crutch in the other,neighbour’s also found this amusing,but it’s what had to be done 🙂

Anonymous

travis – you do realise jaydex is telling me i shouldnt have bothered bringing Ruby to you, i should have walked my dogs instead.  or perhaps i shouldnt have bothered to go with bev to assess her and left her in her prison for over 12 hours a day soiling herself and howing the place down and gone to walk my dogs instead, or perhaps i shouldnt have bothered to take her home without asking so she could have the chance to then be with you and should just have gone and walked the dogs.

my dogs are societies throw aways, one was due for the blue at 16 weeks, the other having spent 6 months in rescue kennels having been re-homed twice already.  they are healthy and happy now.

claire.

xtine

Fritz is on the go all day everyday  🙂 he has a twenty min road walk in the morning before breakfast then he goes off with the dog walker and has 1 1/2 hrs off lead with all his friends plus at least  another one later in the day… most days he has three long walks before being dropped off home.. then he has another twenty min road walk in the evening

At the weekend it is a road walk then 1.1/2 hours on the heath min.. then a couple more road walks…on Sat then same again on sunday..

Fritz could walk all day..  ;D

The rest of the time he is raiding the dirty linen basket or eating my slippers  :gum: a clear sign that he wants to go out again  :ok:

travis

I will always be grateful to you Claire for bringing Ruby to Wales for me, 🙂

Anonymous

i know, and you just keep on showing me that it was exactly the right choice 🙂

claire x

Wait for it!  >:D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime