Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

what to do?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training what to do?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12083.msg233661#msg233661 date=1217553874]
    Boooooooooooring!   I agree with laura. Dodger needs a path to travel.    If I were you Laura, I would start the Dodge on tracking, I think he’d love it.   Who cares about all that regular obedience stuff  😉  He’s a wonderful loving boy who has a wonderful mum.  Work on tracking and if he’s naughty, menh, so what. Just have fun with him and he’ll love it.  He’s a big rambunctious fun loving lad, so find a pastime that rewards his best attributes.  8)

In the NAVHDA hunting aptitude tests, dogs that are basically “out of control” are highly praised..so there’s a place for everyone even the gruesome twosome …remote control dogs are dull dull dull  ;D

I know transport is a big problem for you Laura,…are dogs allowed on trains, buses?  How about trying to work out a carpool with a tracking club? In my experience clubs of all sorts will go out of their way to attract and keep new young members.
    [/quote]
    lol thanks Nick ;D :-*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12083.msg233678#msg233678 date=1217574642]
    Yep pooches are allowed on buses etc – IF they behave, if a dog Dodgers size was out of control theyd probably kick Laura off without a seconds thought  🙂
    [/quote]
    yup we’ve been travelling the buses since he was 8 weeks old – so buses are no problem. Haven’t thought about trains before 🙂

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12083.msg233683#msg233683 date=1217576688]
    how about a heelwork to music routine…you can do that by yourself and if it gets fluent enough enter in some fun comps
    [/quote]
    😀 😀 i can just see dodger now! got lots of things to think about so thank you everyone :-*

Anonymous

how about buying/making some simple pieces of agility equipment for your garden so you can practice at home?
    its great fun 🙂

.dodger.

we used to go to agility but again 40 for 8 weeks we probably managed to go 3 times then the money issue kicks in lol – it stucks being 16 lol once i’m 17 and can drive there’ll be no problem with getting places ect ::)

Anonymous

aww yea i know, it is difficult. i’m 18 and had to rely on my mum or my friend to take me. which area do u live in?

kizkiznobite

as stated above …northumberland

.dodger.

yup as bev said northumberland 🙂

it’s a pain isn’t it especially when you don’t get on with your parents so they are even more reluclant to drive anywhere ::)

Anonymous

ooh right. yea tricky one :-\
    well good luck with everything, hopefully u can get something sorted for you and your doggie 🙂

.dodger.

isn’t it just ::) lol thanks anyway :-*

I know its not exactly the most active/challenging thing to do but what about a dog walking group, you might find it good to be with like-minded people and Dodger could charge about with the other dogs to his hearts content, just a thought!

.dodger.

there is a group of dogs that i let him off with but i was looking more to the side of a job type thing. I know i may be able to go to flyball with him just trying to persuade the parent to take me 😀

u can get dvds and books about training and also HWTM. teach yourself and your doggy a few things! its a gr8 way to build up your bond! could progress onto more advanced things such as retrieve and present or send aways 🙂

emma_pen

Are we going to see you on our new Flyball starters course next week? I hope so!

.dodger.

lol i think so emma although at the NESSR show we had a go at it and we got invited straight into the intermediate class cuase he was so good ;D ;D

we’ve found are ‘what to do’!!!!  ;D ;D ;D All these k9 police tv shows got me really annoyed that i couldn’t so anything so i thought i’d train dodger into the one and only street cash detection dog! he can now scent and find 20 pound notes in around 2-4 mins depending on how hard i hide it. We are starting slowly but he’s caught on to it so fast it’s unreal 😀 😀

emma_pen

That’s great! Were you at NESSR Saturday or Sunday? I don’t think I saw you!

.dodger.

the saturday – don’t think i saw you either 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime