Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Whisper…

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk Whisper…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

good luck for today, can’t wait to hear how she does ;D

*jody*

6th out of 6  :-[ in both MPB and PB, she got freaked out by the generator (that we had been sat by for half and hour and I thought she’d got over it)  She lacked coat compared to the others as well, but onlookers said she moved well which is a bonus.

Ill try her at a few open shows but if she still shows signs of not enjoying herself I wont make her do it… we’ll see, more important she is happy  😉

*Lassie*

still very young, give her time 🙂 if she is not happy she will make sure you know it ;D

*jody*

I will, probably leave the champ shows for now, just stick to open and companion.  I just dont want to put her in a situation which stresses her out, which she was today.

Izzie

30 mins being sat next to the generator wouldnt have got her over the fear.

Better than being kicked out the ring, put it down to learning and get back on the horse.

I had the same prob with Livia when she spooked in a blowing tent, we ignored and did training and went in the ring quite happily.

Chin up and keep at it  :-*

.dodger.

It’s all experience for you and her :yes: Best of luck with her at the next show and do you have any pictures of her in her show stand? 😉

*jody*

Oh no, we didnt sit by it to get her used to it, we were ringside and it was close anyway, she settled down and I thought nothing of it until we got in the ring and when we kept ending up that end of the ring she freaked, then I twigged it was the generator (we must of been a couple of  metres closer that when we were sat ringside)

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15039.msg275507#msg275507 date=1275249209]
    30 mins being sat next to the generator wouldnt have got her over the fear.
    [/quote]

I have her in for 4 open shows this summer, see how it goes from there 🙂

*jody*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=15039.msg275508#msg275508 date=1275250282]
    It’s all experience for you and her :yes: Best of luck with her at the next show and do you have any pictures of her in her show stand? 😉
    [/quote]

I havent, she wouldnt stand in the ring, my brother was poised with the camera though but she wouldnt stop twizzling on the end of the lead  😀

Ill try next time 🙂

Val

Is she attending ringcraft classes?

[quote author=*jody* link=topic=15039.msg275510#msg275510 date=1275289945]
    [quote author=.dodger. link=topic=15039.msg275508#msg275508 date=1275250282]
    [/quote]

I havent, she wouldnt stand in the ring, my brother was poised with the camera though but she wouldnt stop twizzling on the end of the lead  😀

Ill try next time 🙂
    [/quote]

.dodger.

Well best of luck with the future shows and will look forward to seeing some photos of her in her stand 🙂

*jody*

Yep, has been since she could. We have been practising stand too the last few weeks at every meal time and in training without using the clicker, she definately knows what it means and what to do… she was too pre-occupied with the generator, then being in that state every bang made her jump 🙁 (which normally wouldnt bother her)

[quote author=Val link=topic=15039.msg275511#msg275511 date=1275319749]
    [/quote]

Val

Get her back into the ring as often and as soon as you can no mucking about be firm
    Good Luck
    Val

[quote author=*jody* link=topic=15039.msg275517#msg275517 date=1275343765]
    Yep, has been since she could. We have been practising stand too the last few weeks at every meal time and in training without using the clicker, she definately knows what it means and what to do… she was too pre-occupied with the generator, then being in that state every bang made her jump 🙁 (which normally wouldnt bother her)

[quote author=Val link=topic=15039.msg275511#msg275511 date=1275319749]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

*jody*

Ive got Christchurch next week… then we’re in for Exeter, Poole and Dorset but Im still going to stick with Jake only for Bournemouth

Val

Thats the best thing to do as champ shows are not cheap to enter
    Good Luck

[quote author=*jody* link=topic=15039.msg275554#msg275554 date=1275740885]
    Ive got Christchurch next week… then we’re in for Exeter, Poole and Dorset but Im still going to stick with Jake only for Bournemouth
    [/quote]

*jody*

Much better day today at Christchurch, 3rd in RC Junior (no puppy class) and 1st in AV Pastoral Puppy!

Judge was lovely and said Whisper had potential and she was a lovely dog (if only her coat would start coming on), made some new collie friends too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime