Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

white lights for cass….

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health white lights for cass….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

mark i have something going off in my head here…a sort of old memory that wont come through  ::) …give me 5 mins while i try and call my mother…

Anonymous

Ok Bev. I have to go now but i’ll be back after 7 again.  🙂

kizkiznobite

ok got it… 😀 she not a bad old stick saying she in her 90’s  😀

her sister had a 3 parts rottie 1 part gsd…turned up on doorstep one night and stayed…thought he had cruciate problems…turned out it was what my mother refers to in local/old ligo as a whenny (sp) hock….(val may have heard of it) basically it was calcium deposits (spur i guess) on the hock…get the vet to examine the hocks…it would get fluid on it..dog would limp – massaged off the fluid – dog would be stiff for a couple of days …then fine again until the next time he did something bloody daft..her words not mine  🙂 she then put the phone down..she obv watching something on tv… ;D

worth asking about

kizkiznobite

damn…missed him  ::)

Anonymous

Back again. Interesting about hock because that was something he x rayed along with feet, pelvis, knees etc & there is nothing whatsoever physically or mechanically wrong, bones all fine, joints all fine, no sign of thickening of the joint, arthritis or anything else.

The only explanation the vet was able to give was that when she originally strained the cruciate last year if a few of the fibres (ie 20%) partially tore they would be replaced with toughened tissue that would in effect heal over & this tussue itself can become inflamed if the knee is twisted or strained awkwardly because it’s not as strong as cruciate ligament – this is what he thinks the case is because he has on average 1 cruciate op a week & this just isn’t one of them in his professional opinion, there is some inflamation but it’s not from a cruciate tear.

It’s taking a lot to get my head round really because as i said it kind of leaves questions unanswered but at the same time i am pleased she didn’t end up needing surgery. Shes fast asleep with her nose shoved under the sofa so i’m going to leave her be & try her on some food later on if she wakes up. It’s been a confusing few days really for both of us.  :-\

kizkiznobite

i would also be thinking muscle weakness, ligament or nerve problem

can you put up some pics mark

standing both sides and up from behind showing both legs…taken low down and a front shot square on?

Anonymous

You beat me to it Bev I was going to ask for pictures  ;D she’s too mature for OCD in the hock but at least the vet checked for it
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12211.msg236137#msg236137 date=1218567633]
    i would also be thinking muscle weakness, ligament or nerve problem

can you put up some pics mark

standing both sides and up from behind showing both legs…taken low down and a front shot square on?
    [/quote]

.dodger.

only just seen this Mark – hope she’s better soon!  :-* :-* to the girlie.

my grandparents dog had this really badly – he went in for his op came back out and overnight even with his lampshade on managed to rip the bandage off, pull out each and every stitch and licked it till it bled. He was a bugger with it and over the following weeks cost them over 2000 pounds worth in vet bills. Thankfully they had insurence!

Glad she didnt have to undergo surgery – but so sorry you still none the wiser Mark  :-\  :-*

Anonymous

She’s too wobbly to stand very long, in fact she’s asleep again now so i will try to get photo’s in the morning. I did actually check the muscle tone because i know when this issue first arose the muscle was noticeably thinner on the weak leg but since then it’s now built up equal to the other one so i am happy with the tone but i guess that’s what makes it so hard to work it out because everything looks as it should apart from when she sits down – she often favours one side, but then i suppose that’s more comfortable for her.

kizkiznobite

rotties always do the lazy sit

no rush when you both able  :-*

Anonymous

Actually if you look at the pic in my sig on the left you can see her sit to the side.

kizkiznobite

🙂 yep have seen it in the flesh so to speak …never met a rottie yet that didnt do a lazy sit

hugs to the girlie…let her rest…stop being a worry wort….. :-*

Anonymous

Ok lol  😀

I’ll have a better view of it tomorrow because she’s all curled up asleep now.

xtine

glad she os home at least Mark.. hopefully the next few days will shed some more light  :-*
    kisses to Cass  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime