Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Who remembers me?!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Who remembers me?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Dougsmum

Doug the Clumber spaniel…

Hi everyone!

I was a member nearly 3 years ago, but lost contact after a few life changes and never seemed to find the time to re-join!  ::)

Anyway just thought i’d say hi. Will be asking lots of questions no doubt. I have since moved abroad (Yes Doug came with me!) so his life has changed quite a lot over the past year or so… I’ve been trying to attach a recent photo of Doug but for some reason its not letting me. Maybe because im a newbie?…

Anyway its good to be back. xxx

kizkiznobite

hi jayne

welcome back…how could i forget you both  😀

how is doug then…did he get past the doug the thug stage  😀

whats the prob with the pic ?  email it to me

bev x

Dougsmum

Ah you remembered us!!!!

Doug is fab, he most definately did get out of the Thug stage. He is a darling. Such a good lad, He LOVES to swim! a right little retriever he turned out to be.  :yes: I have some fab pics, but its saying the file size is too big?

How are your girls? and boys? i hope they are all still well?

And the best bit?… he still does all the bits you taught him…  😉
    xxx

kizkiznobite

😀 i should hope he does

i lost brose  :'( ….it all on here….then we lost oldie hollie at 16 ….that on here…we have had some turn abouts on rescue boyo’s  …that all on here  ;D

still got falkor…just…ami now all mature and is the bossdog….and then i had a mental surge last year and bought a boy pup.. ::) cubert…he on here too of course and we have a rescue boyo coming in the next view days…tedtoo…started his thread the other day…

Dougsmum

oh nooooo  :'( :'( :'( :'( im so sorry to hear that. I bet that was a really sad time for you  🙁

I cant imagine not having doug now.

Bet it was fun getting a new pup though.  >:D

I just emailed you some pics, did they come through ok? xx

kizkiznobite

they are huge hun…..poster size haha…think you need to adjust some settings…izzie will help better…have managed to do this one….

[img width=468 height=209]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/doug.jpg[/img]

handsome lado  :-*

xtine

I remember Doug! Good to see you both back  ;D

kizkiznobite

he was a wee horror……had a mega temper tantrums  :order: bless him….glad he came through the tunnel  ;D

Dougsmum

Ah thank you!!!!

its great to be back!  😀

Yes he was a sod…  >:D

Actually now he is completely the opposite, he is terrified of every dog! any other dog approaches him and he runs off! such a little cuddler.

He has to have an op on his leg about a year ago, he fractured his elbow and the vets didnt spot it, there was part of the bone floating around when they finally operated on him, but he came out all good. He does have arthritis though  :'(

I moved abroad with him to the UAE about 6 months ago. He is doing great though despite the heat… and summer is coming so its getting tricky.  🙁 But the beach is a god send for him.

I dont want to stay here too long though, a year and i’ll be itching to get back to wet england – we miss it!!!! xx

xtine

Blimey it is HOT out there!!! How do you manage him in the day?
    My sis is in Abu Dhabi  :ok:

hi, i dont know you as i wasnt a member 3 years ago but hi ;D ;D

kizkiznobite

[img width=351 height=468]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/bev_052/How_lovely_am_i.jpg[/img]

managed this one a bit better

Dougsmum

Yes its very hot. Actually i nearly had a complete meltdown when i decided to bring him out here!!  ::) its not the best place for pets, there is hardly no greenery and not many places to walk dogs. Flying him here was a nightmare aswell!! But BA were fab. I just got him here and broke down thinking what have i done to this poor dog?!?!  :'( But… he has surprised me so much, i walk him in the morning about 7:30 (not toooo hot) then i pop home from work at lunch time and wake him up whilst he’s snoring his head off on the sofa, air con on…  ;D then im home by about 5:15 so we go to the beach for sunset swims.  8) Without the beach i would not have been able to bring him out here. I’d have to go home, and i also thought if i bring him here and he’s unhappy im going home too… but he does seem very happy. He loves to swim in the sea and i have lovely grounds where i live and usually he is out in the garden basking in the sun  :yes: crazy dog!!!

I’m planning on returning back to the UK probably April next year though. Nothing beats a nice country walk and a pint in the pub with dog flopepd out under the table… i miss it heaps  🙁 xx

xtine

awww bless you  :-* They’re not too keen on dogs over there are they? am trying to think –  i think I saw 1 maybe in 2 in the visits i’ve made over there..
    Thank god for Air con  😀

Dougsmum

No they’re not… he is pretty unsociable anyway which works well! As he doesnt really run up to people which is good, as people here dont like it.  He just gets on the beach runs to the edge and waits for the ball to be thrown! and tends to ignore everything and everyone around him!

It is tricky though. does your sis have a dog here? x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime