Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Why?!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Why?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

my boys really dont hump – they dont hump toys me etc etc, manny might occasionally try it on with my friends bitch poodle but otherwise no problem there.

Except when i put them in the car?!!! while we stood in the street as i open the boot manny just wont stop humping dex – dex never tells him off but if he tried that i the house hed get soundly told off so why is it ok outside??

Anonymous

…maybe need to tell him rutting season over..

—Frags

*Lassie*

Excitement about being in the car and Dex cant get out of the way or correct him as they are confined to a small space ??

kizkiznobite

not sexual…management…think i asked before suz…who is the pack boss  😉

Mmmm and i said i still think dex – and lassie he does it in the street – however dex doesnt like the car ?? he fine in it but think it makes him feel sick though he never actually is sick even when we do long journeys he just kinda hangs!!
    Bev i honestly think dex – he manages him in and out the house if manny gets ott with him any other time he will tell him off, he eats food before manny etc etc – its ONLY the car situation?? honest to god nothing else would suggest to me that im thinking the wrong ones the pack boss!!

kizkiznobite

ok…do a test and tell me what happens…

next time you going out in car…take manny on his own first and put him in car…then take dex and put him in… then the next time do it the other way around…let me know what the communication is for each time…

They not with me for next couple days so be tues before i can do that – i can guess what will happen roughly

if manny goes in first the soon as dex arrives he will jump all over dex like crazy and dex will tell him off and he will settle and sit/lie down

if i take dex first then manny will just jump in all excited to see him prob get told off for jumping on dexters head and go and settle down…..

i will test it but would be very suprised if the outcome was different…….

normally when i put them in the boot i probably wrongly? let manny jump in first cos dex is always very hesitant and he will get in but doesnt launch in like manny does….

they are very close hate being apart – manny more so than dex?

kizkiznobite

normally when i put them in the boot i probably wrongly? let manny jump in first cos dex is always very hesitant and he will get in but doesnt launch in like manny does….

there is your answer hun….what are you doing here? or rather what are you not doing  😉

:boooo: silly me – I didnt even think about it till you said about putting them in seperately  :-[ will sort that and report back in a few days!!

have to say id of been suprised if manny had been the pack boss – dex kinda has that way about him, like honey did when younger and still does a lot of the time…none of my mates dogs mess with him, they literally treat him like they treat honey – hes not someone to f*** with  :canadian: even my mates older xbreed who had the WORSt upbringing before my mate got her, her doggy language is shite seriously – but dex is very good with her too!!

kizkiznobite

lol…we all make mistakes…so you going to tell everyone else…or do i have to  🙂

*Lassie*

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=16192.msg282805#msg282805 date=1323558802]
    lol…we all make mistakes…so you going to tell everyone else…or do i have to  🙂
    [/quote]

She should put Dex in the car first??

kizkiznobite

mmmm…maybe…maybe not…but…should be doing something else that is more important…

let me put it this way lassie…ami gets in the car first if she wants to… as in i offer that…makes no odds to me…if she doesnt it because she has a reason but….what would happen if i didnt support her decision to or not… what would cubert/percy think/do….if she was hesitant and one/both lunged ahead and i condoned that…what message would that send out to both of the boys and to ami and what would their reactions be…

or worse for me cos percy such a git…if it was cubert that hesitated and percy went in first…with my blessing….?

*Lassie*

Dex should be offered the option to go first and Manny should wait until Dex has decided otherwise if Suz lets him jump the gun it undermines Dex’s position as pack manager and make it seem that Suz was supporting Manny in this??

kizkiznobite

just about re-enforcing dexter’s pack status really…

will wait for suz to come on as i have questions for her  🙂

im here sorry we went to lka yesterday to how chis and buhund and well weather was ATROCIOUS coming back omg took us 4 hours to get home!!

Anyways- im not reinforcing dexter as pack manager am i bev by doing what ive bee doing? I picked them up today and offered dex the chance to jump in first – which he took, and manny only tried to hump him once and got ‘the look’ and went and sat down…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime