Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

why do pepole take the dog out and spend the time on the phone

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion why do pepole take the dog out and spend the time on the phone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i take my dog out to run free and throw a ball for him and play with him enjoy the time i have with him but since moblies a lot of owners let the dog off to run then ignore it why you are missing out put the phone away and have fun with your dog you can turn off the phone  try it

you hav

te

latifah

I can admit to doing this but generally for different reasons Latifahs main walk along the beach and then though the naze ( a forest area) is always doggie and human time she is off lead and so she’s always got my attention. But if say I want to make a quiet phone call away from my noisy home where I know every few mins I’ll have a child requesting my attention, if my hubbie is at home me and latifah walk to the end of the road to the beach where I can sit and chat, latifah will run in and out of the sea, dig a hole, after the call she would then have my full attention. Latiah would prefer this to me leaving her at home and me sitting at the beach. I think. but I understand your meaning of people steping out of their house to walk their dog and they are straight on the phone, dog can be running riot, and they have no real idea. a dog really appreiciates this time and it is a great time to bond with your dog, with no other interactions.
    I find walking latiah a very socialble time, we see at least 10 -20 dogs each time plus their owners. although quite dangerous when you have two or three dobes and dobe X’s circling you in play, how many times you get leg swiped  I don’t know, although i think i’ve learnt to anchor myself now.
    Is Farrokh the dablea dobermann mentioned a few years earlier by lassie, 2006 I think. If so I think latiah may be some how related.

i only take the phone incase of problems – certainly dont answer it  :canadian:

*Lassie*

Is Farrokh the dablea dobermann mentioned a few years earlier by lassie, 2006 I think. If so I think latiah may be some how related.

Yes ;D

kendal

i cant even listen to music when out with the girls, i can sent the od text when walking but its normaly only one line long.

Justine&Rafe

Guilty as charged!!  😀

In my defence I only do this if he’s free running (noone on the phone wants to hear my cries of heel close!) and if there’s noone else about.  As soon as we see another dog I ring off.  I don’t want him to think he’s in charge of the situation and be running riot!

But I also work from 7.30 – 8pm on weekdays, often alone for much of that as is the nature of my job.  Sometimes that dog walk is the only free time I have to catch up with my (heavily pregnant) sister, my mum and other friends.

And do you know what, as much as I love my dog, it’s sometimes a bit lonely on a walk on my own!!  So for the sake of me not taking him on for 10 minutes or so…

I totally agree with Latifah – it has to be a balance, but wanted to give my reasons for it so the other side of the story might be heard!

Diesel73

Normaly always got phone in my pocket. But got earthingy too. And if i get call ……… i’m not much of phonetalker. Longest my phonecalls last is about 30 seconds. I hardly ever call. Got my phone to textmessage  😉 .

Justine&Rafe

Oh no, given free rein I can talk for aaaaaages – I am a woman after all!  But don’t put Rafe through one of my long chats coz he gets bored and starts bumping me with sticks.  ;D

I dont like talking on the phone, is ok with customers but most other people cant wait to get them off the phone – am well known for not even answering the thing if i know who it is and know they wont ve offended  :embarrass:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime