Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wodan the brave

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Wodan the brave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

Wodan my brave boy, my rock, my almost 12 year old boyo….. On November the 16th it’s his 12th birthday.

Today….. I’ve decided…… :'( , that that will be the day to lay him of.

This summer was and is very hectic and busy. And braveboy can’t keep up no more. We are now seperating the birds that are going to end up in the freezer by the end of september. After 2 hard days at the beginning of this week….. You can tell. His shoulders are really stiff after a nap. Wednesday and thursday i doubled his Gluco/chondrio/MSM doses because he had pain in his shoulders, specially the left one. Had been to vet because Wednesday morning he limping bad all of sudden. Vet said nothing showed on X-ray, just the normal ‘getting older damage’ of the shoulder.
    I am guilty of doing that pain to him. He was aaaaaall in the mood. The birds that are going to go…. well, i alow boys to be rougher on them. For them both it was a serious testosterony statement. And Wodan was NOT going to give in.
    Wodan wanted to, and so i took him over the edge. And it was to far…. He had 2 bad days, of shoulder hurting. No moan, no sqeek, nothing of that. But limping bad when he wook up next morning, and sighing when he wanted to get up or lay down. Extremely calm, not moving around if he didn’t have to. When he had to go out, he just peed infront of the back door. The garden was just to far away for his shoulder i guess. That not my Wodan  .
    I doubled his doses of Gluco-cocktail as vet said for some that eases joint pain, and let him rest well. He just getting old.

He back good as new now. No more pain. Every limp functioning as it should. He happy again, but work  ::) , well he don’t mind if it doesn’t take thàt much efford no more. He letting Diesel do more and more. The birds in between he don’t seem to care about no more, but the first ànd last bird are still his. And aslong as Diesel walks inline and i don’t have to correct him, Wodan won’t rais an eyelid. But if Diesel does not than Wodan still puts him back into his place  :yes: . Wodan might be old, but not out .

We’ll see how he doing next summer. He IS getting older and he having lots of good days, yet the bad ‘i don’t fancy work much’ days are slipping in now and than. After his birthday this autumn, he can come to work when he wants to, walk away from it if he choses, or not come out with us and stay with my wife if he likes.

He worked today, but i hold him back a little not to exhaust him to much. He knackered now, am going to feed him so he can fall asleep on the sofa, or his new bed i got him. Better for his elbows  😉 .

Boyo my rock, this one for you;

WODAN, YOU ALWAYS DOING .

You puppy send from heaven

For 12 years you worked for me and WITH me, taking care of things for me and there is no limit to my gratitude for that. 

But now, with much pain in heart , the time has come for you to take it slow.
    You going to be promoted and assigned with heavy duty’s like hangin out on the sofa, while we stuff our face with everything the misses don’t want us to eat, burping the cool way, how to fart the alfabet and how to make females get your drinks for you  . Rest asure, i’ll teach you those final skills that every boy should master  :yes:  .

THANK YOU MY MAINMAN! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DONE SOFAR  .

There, now it outthere in syberspace for good.

kizkiznobite

sweets…we been here yeah…i hope i helped…and now you there and decision made yeah….you know where i am…you know my heart with you…enjoy his retirement…they too are special years…hugs xxxx and more hugs xxxxx

he there…you love..you take what is….ok

now then…

puppy? let him do a falkor…mind my hol pics…??  :-*

poor wodan :-* take your golden years with ease, i hope you have many years of urping and farting to come 😉 ;D

awwww diesel that must have been hard  :'( but i’m sure its the best thing and you and wodan can get some different special times together now and it must be nice to be able to pick and chose which days you want to work  :yes:

enjoy your retirement wodan and don’t forget those days that you do your consulting work you get paid at least double yeah!  :ok:

and disel you got some work to do now son  :agree:  :-*

Diesel73

[quote author=zerlinda link=topic=12395.msg239551#msg239551 date=1220725451]

and diesel you got some work to do now son  :agree:  :-*
    [/quote]
    That the ‘icky-part’  ::) . As much as Dieseldude hates leaving without Wodan, Dieselboy -who is growing his full haircoat on collar and chest growing into his priiiiime prime- actually luuuurves the idea of Wodan not being with us. Diesel shows full potentiel and even more when bigbro is not present.
    But everytime we come back when we went out alone, Dieselboyo thinks he can tell Danman his place is decending from the hyarchie ladder. Tries to steal Wodan’s food, tries to steal Wodan’s space on the sofa, tries to step up. But he can’t cause Wodan still the man, Dieselboy can’t…. Yet.

kizkiznobite

Diesel……

have Pm’d you….

but……

YES HE BLOODY WELL CAN…….

Awww Diesel – your doing the best thing for him – thats all that matters  :-*

Mudgie

You are so proud of him with so much love that is real obvious

BUT you have given him such a good and happy life full of mischief, fun and love not all work YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOU  :-*

xtine

Am in tears reading that Diesel.. he’s your special boy and your his  master –  an incredible bond  :-*

.dodger.

aw diesel it must be so hard for you but remember that your mainman is stepping to one side to show you just how good a mainman diesel can be 😉 he wants to make sure you’re well looked after while he enjoys his retirement :-*

He’s done you proud!  :-*  Im sure he’ll enjoy his retirement  :-*

Diesel73

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12395.msg239580#msg239580 date=1220728887]
    Diesel……

have Pm’d you….

but……

YES HE BLOODY WELL CAN…….
    [/quote]
    You think it’s time Bev? Time to upgrade Dieselboy to Dieselman? How start?

Anonymous

He will do it for himself Diesel.
    Hugs to you and the boys I have been there done that it’s hard but I also enjoy the couch potato time
    Val

Diesel73

It has a good side too. Thor was my only boy to grow so old i had to leave him with sunshine. He grew to be 14. But since than i was never granted to give another boy the golden years. It’s good for sunshine too. They always MY boys. Now she wants one for herself again too hahaha  😀 .
    It been so long since Thor. We were so young, only just got this farm. He became all for her from the age of 11, and i had my pupper hanging on my pants. Now she wants this boyo for herself. The kids too.
    Diesel very high drive now. No end to his physical limits. Very readyreadyready. Adrenalinelevel skyyyy hight. He now sometimes tooooo bouncy and eager to go out for the kids. In the house he constantly seeking play and attention from the kids or trying to herd them  ::) . He actually managed to wear my kids out  :surprise: .

Yeah…. my Betaboy almost all grown up now. 3 years on the 17th of november. The day after Wodan’s birthday. Must take some pics of them the way they are now when the weather allows it. Wodan going to grow into his wintercoat, which is always massive. And Diesel…. he becoming mightymighty black wolfy, being the family snotty that he is  😉 .

[quote author=Val link=topic=12395.msg239625#msg239625 date=1220734701]
    He will do it for himself Diesel.
    Hugs to you and the boys I have been there done that it’s hard but I also enjoy the couch potato time
    Val

[/quote]
    By himself. That’s good. Bev said to me befor; let him set the pace.
    So i should have known already. I really should start listening better to what women say  ::) .

Anonymous

Bless you Diesel :-*  found this doggy poem, sounds a bit like Wodan

My body may age but my mind will stay young.
    I’ve much left to do, many songs to be sung.
    Many roads left to travel, much love to express,
    Many souls to be aided, who are now in distress.
    I will do what I can to help brighten your day,
    I will spread cheer and love as I pass by your way.
    The world is my oyster, to have and to hold,
    Why, I’m really too busy to ever grow old.

Author Unknown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime