Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wodan the brave

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Wodan the brave

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

Know how you feel Diesel 😉 Yes it’s nice to be able to let Wodan retire but then you can’t help thinking about how little time you may have left.  :'(  Tam is at this stage, his arthritis in his elbows makes him limp all the time now, some days you can see he is in pain :'( I now have to decide with his vet on what we can do to keep him as pain free as possible. My sister just lost her sheltie who was 11 years old only two years older than Tam and I can’t bear the thought of losing him, it will break my heart

Diesel73

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12395.msg239640#msg239640 date=1220738246]
    Bless you Diesel :-*   found this doggy poem, sounds a bit like Wodan

My body may age but my mind will stay young.
    I’ve much left to do, many songs to be sung.
    Many roads left to travel, much love to express,
    Many souls to be aided, who are now in distress.
    I will do what I can to help brighten your day,
    I will spread cheer and love as I pass by your way.
    The world is my oyster, to have and to hold,
    Why, I’m really too busy to ever grow old.

Author Unknown

[/quote]
    Good find Jay  :-* , very good indeed.

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12395.msg239641#msg239641 date=1220738297]
    Know how you feel Diesel 😉 Yes it’s nice to be able to let Wodan retire but then you can’t help thinking about how little time you may have left.  :'(  Tam is at this stage, his arthritis in his elbows makes him limp all the time now, some days you can see he is in pain :'( I now have to decide with his vet on what we can do to keep him as pain free as possible. My sister just lost her sheltie who was 11 years old only two years older than Tam and I can’t bear the thought of losing him, it will break my heart
    [/quote]
    When they in pain it’s the hardest to see them like that, no? Poor Tam. Hope the vet comes up with something good for him. Elbows, shoulders and hips…. why don’t they have an extra pare of those ha?

*Lassie*

When they in pain it’s the hardest to see them like that, no? Poor Tam. Hope the vet comes up with something good for him. Elbows, shoulders and hips…. why don’t they have an extra pare of those ha?

I wish…….. an extra 20 years on this planet would be good too

*Nick*

Wonderful retirement sentiments diesel. All my best to the boy/man in his golden years. I think you should get him a pipe and some slippers  :agree:

I have absolutely no idea what your dogs do with/for your birds but it sounds like diesel played his part with great skill

*Nat*

Aww happy retirement Wodan, long may you fart the alphabet with Daddy on the sofa  ;D  :-*

Diesel73
    quote :

I have absolutely no idea what your dogs do with/for your birds but it sounds like diesel played his part with great skill

I breed chickens and turkeys  😉 . I no cage breeder. Everything runs free about. So i need my boys to herd the birds, to get them out in the morning to clean the barns, and take them back befor it gets dark. Turkeys prefer to sleep out in the open ontop of something and they nest e-ve-ry-where. Boys  search the nests for me, as those will stay with their nest and not sleep in the barn untill the youngens are about a week old. And they also seperate the animals for me when we are selecting those that are up for sale or going to end up in someone’s freezer.
    Chickens very docile, but Turkeys  :death: … This summer we had 1 nesting right next to 1 of our back doors. She even attacked Diesel a few times when he told her off to go back behind the fence. But she already made her nest overnight and had an egg to guard. So no furball was going to keep her away. Bigger problem was her male mate. He guarding his females and their nests. So Diesel quite had a handfull with a female launching her beek at his face and a male using his claws at Diesel’s back end.
    With chickens it easy. They see the boys and walk inline. The males make a sound that means chicks have to follow him and they do. But the turkeys, males and females quite have some hair on their teeth. They can really put up a fight when they’re being singled out and pushed about. Chickens will be chickens, but the turkeyfemales will fight like the males do.
    Even worse when they hatched in incubator. Those little ones grew up very close to the boys. So they not so much fear. They fight back faster and harder. Turkeys can jump prrretty high, you know. If they want, an adult one can jump right into your face without almost no use of their wings. My concrete fence about 5ft9 high, but they can easily jump on those. And dispite of what most people think, Turkeys are pretty good at flying too if you don’t forsfeed them.
    Those are my Wodan’s expertise. He excelent with the resisting ones. Diesel still initialy shocked when bird rrrrealy turns against him hahaha  😀  . He still  standing there looking at us thinking  :help: , what do i do? Hahahaha  😀 .
    I got a lot of birds now. Turkeys breed about 2-3 times a year depending on the wheather. The early nests are fully grown now. Right about now their meat will be at it’s best. The second round about the end of september, and the late ones are good by the end of November.
    Wintertime a very quiet time for us when it comes to the birds. So Wodan’s birthday and official retirementday will actually just slip in at the right time.

travis

Have a happy retirement Woden,I am sure you will get spoiled rotten by Sunshine and the kids.Maybe it’s time you took up your favourite hobby of shoplifting fulltime ;D

Diesel73

[quote author=travis link=topic=12395.msg239665#msg239665 date=1220775858]
    Have a happy retirement Woden,I am sure you will get spoiled rotten by Sunshine and the kids.Maybe it’s time you took up your favourite hobby of shoplifting fulltime ;D
    [/quote]
    :scared: oh God please NOOOOO.

Funy you mentioned him now. That butcher… Thàt specific butcher…. MY local butcher…. He said last weekend he thinking about entering this year’s World championship of BBQ. We thinking that’s great. He made comment that whole village is welcome to support that day. Than he pointed at me and said; Everybody but your boy the villagevillain, he is NOT.  :whistle:

*Nat*

PMSL “The Villiage Villain”  😀  😀

travis

Whenever I read about Wodan I always smile as I think about the butcher incident ;D

ha ha the village villaine  :canadian:

well letrs hope its a smooth transition with diesel becoming the main doggy, but maybe if wodan is ready it will be fine and he’ll get some amazing snuggles and treats from sunshine  :yes:

xtine

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=12395.msg239663#msg239663 date=1220771861]

quote :

I breed chickens and turkeys  😉 . I no cage breeder. Everything runs free about. So i need my boys to herd the birds, to get them out in the morning to clean the barns, and take them back befor it gets dark. Turkeys prefer to sleep out in the open ontop of something and they nest e-ve-ry-where. Boys  search the nests for me, as those will stay with their nest and not sleep in the barn untill the youngens are about a week old. And they also seperate the animals for me when we are selecting those that are up for sale or going to end up in someone’s freezer.
    Chickens very docile, but Turkeys  :death: … This summer we had 1 nesting right next to 1 of our back doors. She even attacked Diesel a few times when he told her off to go back behind the fence. But she already made her nest overnight and had an egg to guard. So no furball was going to keep her away. Bigger problem was her male mate. He guarding his females and their nests. So Diesel quite had a handfull with a female launching her beek at his face and a male using his claws at Diesel’s back end.
    With chickens it easy. They see the boys and walk inline. The males make a sound that means chicks have to follow him and they do. . They can really put up a fight when they’re being singled out and pushed about. Chickens will be chickens, but the turkeyfemales will fight like the males do.
    Even worse when they hatched in incubator. Those little ones grew up very close to the boys. So they not so much fear. They fight back faster and harder. Turkeys can jump prrretty high, you know. If they want, an adult one can jump right into your face without almost no use of their wings. My concrete fence about 5ft9 high, but they can easily jump on those. And dispite of what most people think, Turkeys are pretty good at flying too if you don’t forsfeed them.
    Those are my Wodan’s expertise. He excelent with the resisting ones. Diesel still initialy shocked when bird rrrrealy turns against him hahaha  😀  . He still  standing there looking at us thinking  :help: , what do i do? Hahahaha  😀 .
    I got a lot of birds now. Turkeys breed about 2-3 times a year depending on the wheather. The early nests are fully grown now. Right about now their meat will be at it’s best. The second round about the end of september, and the late ones are good by the end of November.
    Wintertime a very quiet time for us when it comes to the birds. So Wodan’s birthday and official retirementday will actually just slip in at the right time.

[/quote]

that was really interesting to read Diesel  🙂 I cracked up at the
    But the turkeys, males and females quite have some hair on their teeth
    😀

so are the birds your main source of income?

Diesel73

Uhm  ::) …… Half hahaha  😀 . Half our place is sunshine’s business. She does everything that got to do with the women’s department, and i do the men’s department. She does hair, make-upartist and body and facebeautytreatments, hairremovel etc. I was actually trained as hair and visagist  😉 . But this farmboy didn’t like to work for tv very much. Saw a lot, heard a lot, got sick of it a lot. I lasted about 1 year  😀 hahaha. Started a salon somewhere else. After 4 years we bought this place. It more than big enough so we moved the salon overhere and i went back to what i was fond of most. Well… half as i work for my bosslady too  😀 . 

kizkiznobite

what the hell is a ‘visagist’  :-\ is it something i should know about/be doing  :embarrass:

*Nat*

I think it’s something to do with make-up Bev  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime