Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wodan

Home Archive Forums Dogs Rainbow Bridge Wodan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Diesel73

It’s with great sadness in my heart, that i have to say this  :'( . Tomorrow i will let the vet bring Wodan back to the gods. He is at his end. He is suffering now. That is not what i want for this boy.
    There is nothing i can do for him no more. It is out of my hands and into the greatones.

Oh Diesel i am so sorry :-* the last thing we ever want is for them to suffer, it is always a hard decition but he will be looked after over the bridge.
    Both me and Stan send our hearts out to you and the boy and will be thinking of you tomorrow. i pray that it happens swiftly and as painlessly as possible for you both  :'( :'( :'(

Izzie

:'( :'( :'( :'(

((((HUGS)))) D, Its the one thing we all hate to do, but know we are with you in spirit.

you know where I am if you want to chat, Give Wodan a huge hug from me.

Safe journey boyo xxxx

Diesel73

Thx girls :-* … Oh god i been away from the board so long, too long.. I’v been very busy with work and with Wodan. Keeping him compfortable every day. For the past few months i had to rinse him down every day to keep him clean, cause he kept messing himself up, and it breaks my heart to let him go as he is still not giving up. But he had a second stroke, and he became weaker, now he had a third one and is almost parilized at the back. Meds don’t work no more and …. Oh god, still he wants to keep going  :'( . It’s sooo hard because he won’t say it’s been enough. So i got to do this for him, he deserved his place with the great ones on the eternal huntingfields….

Sorry girls, sorry that i come back to you this way. Didn’t mean to come back and dump this cr@p on you. This is not what i wanted. I wanted to make new pics of my boys, specially now that we got loads of little feathered thingies running around. But it’s too late, it was not meant to be  :'( .

*Nat*

Oh Diesel I’m so so sorry to read this  :'( Shall be thinking of you all tomorrow, big {{{hugs}}} to you and your family  :-*

Be proud in knowing you gave him such a wonderful life and never gave up on him until the time was right…. safe journey gorgous boy  :'(  :'(  :'(  :-*

Mudgie

Diesel you gave him such a wonderful life.  He doesn’t want to leave you because of that.  You have done him proud.  You have been a wonderful master as he has been to you a loyal companion and wonderful member of your family.

You will miss him terribly as will the rest of your pack.  But it is his time now and he doesnt know his limits hun but you do.  Stand proud and let him go.  He has served you well as you have him. 

He will have no more pain only lots of hunting and chasing and all the things that you will remember his wonderful character for.  He will always be in your enormous heart Diesel.  I will be thinking of you and Wodan tomorrow and also of Sunshine and the rest of the pack. 

Be strong big guy cos the kids will be looking to you  :-* :-*

You may not have been our dog Wodan but it was wonderful sharing some of your adventures on this board.  Run free big guy run free  :-* :-*

Val

Diesel so so sorry to read you have let Wodan go over the bridge, Big ((((HUGS)))) To Sunshine the children and most of all you
    Take Care come back soon you are missed on the board
    Val

Diesel73

We are sitting outside, enjoying the sunshine. He is right here on his blanket beside me. We are waiting for the vet to arrive any minute now… Say a little prayer for my boyo, please. The sun is shining.. I am sure my other boys are waiting over the bridge to welcome him into the eternal huntingfields. Specialy Tarco will be waiting as that was Wodan’s big brother till 9 years ago…

Diesel it may have been a while since you were last on the board but we are always here for aanyone who needs us :-*
    Wodan has had such a happy life and he isnt ready to leave that but no animal deserves to be in pain even if they wont say it is time, sometimes we have to make the desition that it is time for them. He will forgive you and understand why you had to do it.

I have been praying for you and your pack all morning, just remeber all the happy times that you had together

Izzie

[quote author=Diesel73 link=topic=15802.msg279480#msg279480 date=1302468526]
    Thx girls :-* … Oh god i been away from the board so long, too long.. I’v been very busy with work and with Wodan. Keeping him compfortable every day. For the past few months i had to rinse him down every day to keep him clean, cause he kept messing himself up, and it breaks my heart to let him go as he is still not giving up. But he had a second stroke, and he became weaker, now he had a third one and is almost parilized at the back. Meds don’t work no more and …. Oh god, still he wants to keep going  :'( . It’s sooo hard because he won’t say it’s been enough. So i got to do this for him, he deserved his place with the great ones on the eternal huntingfields….

Sorry girls, sorry that i come back to you this way. Didn’t mean to come back and dump this cr@p on you. This is not what i wanted. I wanted to make new pics of my boys, specially now that we got loads of little feathered thingies running around. But it’s too late, it was not meant to be  :'( .
    [/quote]
    Dont be sorry for coming back this way, you need us to be there for you and we will  :-*

Take care, big hugs to you, sunshine and the kids xx

Diesel73

It is done  :'( , at exactly 11 am, Wodan began his journey to the eternal huntingfields. It was a put to sleep that you would wish for any other dog. Calm, no fear, nothing. He passed on on my lap, laying on his beloved spot under the plumtree. I burried him on his beloved spot he had for 13 years until he had the stroke 2 years ago. It is between the Rhodondendrons, where he dugg a hole 13 years ago, to retreat after work. The hole kept him cool as it’s in solid black ground. That’s where he will remain till the end of days. With me, at home, where he belongs.

Run free big guy, my sweet Wooky, run free. I will call uppon you once more, in the future, to guide me to the right puppy. Until than, and until we meet again…. :-* love you, big dude, you were EVERYTHING i ever dared to hope for, and so much more.

*Nat*

Run free Wodan  :-* Big {{{hugs}}} Diesel and all your family  :'(  :-*

Izzie

He couldnt have asked for a better life and family D

Run free, young again Wodan xxx

Mudgie

In your favourite spot Wodan  🙂  Run free big guy  :-*  Stay strong Diesel  :-*

Val

Run free Wodan young again and pain free
    Val

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime