Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Worming and fleas and skin- not urgent

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Worming and fleas and skin- not urgent

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Best I could get I’m afraid, maybe if you click them you can zoom in but not sure…he has a real problem with cameras and mobiles and we have no idea why, first one is his ear, same on both sides, dark pigmentation and no fur.

[img width=468 height=351]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/tobyct/P1010314.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/tobyct/P1010315.jpg[/img]

now ive seen that before – but for life of me cant remember where..you had skin scrapes done?

Not yet Suz, think we gonna have to though, is definately not clearing up  :-\

GSPmad

val might have some magic potion you can try first. is he on EPO?

No, not on evening primrose, will search on here see what I can find out about EPO, thanks Terry

unless val or bev can say what it is – sorry but if he was mine id be wanting skin scrapes just incase……….but let them have a look. I just know it looks familiar – do a jack russell whos face is covered, think thats what it reminds me………….

*Lassie*

I would get it checked in case its ringworm
    http://www.dogchatforum.com/ringworm-in-dogs.htm

Thanks all, think we’d better get to the vet again for a scrape to be taken

aww bless his little blad patches, hope you get to the bottom of it  :-*

as a side note milbemax doesn’t just kill collies  😉

Got an appointment for Wednesday, Val/Bev have you seen anything like this before?  Any ideas what I can expect re skin scrape, will they just check it, then get back to us with the results?  Am torn because we have seen two vets now and I haven’t been exactly happy with either diagnosis re his muzzle [I just know he hasn’t caught it and got an infection, it seems like something else is going on] or them both suggesting the Malaseb but we’ll have to go to one of them, unless anyone here knows a good vet in Tyne & Wear?

Anonymous

It’s not ringworm that I can tell from a picture it could be mange does he scratch it ? sorry if you’ve said already can’t be doing with hunt the post  :-*

[quote author=TobyTeaCosy and Angela link=topic=11873.msg227575#msg227575 date=1214844926]
    Got an appointment for Wednesday, Val/Bev have you seen anything like this before?  Any ideas what I can expect re skin scrape, will they just check it, then get back to us with the results?  Am torn because we have seen two vets now and I haven’t been exactly happy with either diagnosis re his muzzle [I just know he hasn’t caught it and got an infection, it seems like something else is going on] or them both suggesting the Malaseb but we’ll have to go to one of them, unless anyone here knows a good vet in Tyne & Wear?
    [/quote]

Thanks Val, he does scratch it, both his muzzle and his ears, we tried aloe vera and his muzzle started to clear up so we didn’t go the allergy route because it started to heal and wasn’t red or sore looking, the fur has started to grow back but he still has bald patches and this week has been scratching and the fur is falling out again.  The ears are patchy all over under the fur, and discoloured like in the picture in two/three patches on each ear.  Don’t understand where it has come from, just know it has been getting worse then better for the last few weeks.  When we saw the vet last it was just the muzzle that was like this, that was the time that she said buy the Malaseb shampoo and wanted to give antibiotics, that was when I said I wanted to try calendula/aloe and the aloe really soothed it and stopped the itch.

jesus so they offered antibis and malaseb when they didnt even know what was wrong?  ::)

I still think they should have done or should do a skin scrape.

Yep, both vets at diff practices say terriers led by the nose, he’ll have caught it on something and gotten an infection, not convinced but hey, we been dog owners for 6 months, who knows best?

::) ok so its a possibility – but what if it not that which it now looking very unlikely – am totally off vets tongiht so dont even get me started  >:(  >:(  >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime