Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

worming

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health worming

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ok seeing as i have had Stan for 3 years i should know this by now but up until now ive never had to worry about the worming because the vets always notified me of when they were due but since changing vets that doesnt happen any more, so….

how often are you supposed to worm a dog?

i thought it was every 6 months but i keep getting told to do it every 3 months.
    he gets the Drontol wormer and i feel that having every 3 months is a bit much ???

xtine

I don’t know hun  :-\ we do it the natural way a la Bev… pumpkin seeds mixed in with dinner followed by some blue cheese once they have worked through his system

i know a lot of people on here are doing the o-natural way, i just havent gotten the guts up to do it with my boy :whistle: also i dont know how his tum would take the cheese.

Sweetypye

A lot depends on your dog’s lifestyle.

Your dogs are around horses and livestock a lot, it may be that he is exposed to a higher risk of worms and may be better every 3 months; ask your vet; alternatively you could have a worm count done however that usually works out much more expensive than worming

sweetypye would that still be the case if the horses have been wormed?

so i would need to do him every 3 months then?

Sweetypye

Horses get different worms. It is up to you, do what you think is best for the environmental conditions and diet he is on bearing in mind the pros and cons.

By the time you actually SEE worms, the dog will have a very heavy infestation.

okay im even more confused now 😀 considering that we know that there are foxes down were the horses are and that Stan has for some reason decided that he wants to walk around with horse poo in his mouth :vomit: it would be better to do him every 3 months to make sure he is covered

iv never wormed Izzy and she gets up to all sorts.  If she gets worms then i’ll worm her, other than that i dont see a need

Misty23

I use Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) 1 spoonful once a week mixed in a raw egg or some yoghurt
    Diamonaceous earth is fosilized diatoms from the sea and looks like unrefined talc, you have to mix it in well with the egg or yoghurt
    Mary

never heard of that before, will go and google that later thanks 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime