Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

WOULD ANYONE BE WILLING TO HELP?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health WOULD ANYONE BE WILLING TO HELP?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    carob1634

Hello,
    We have recently completed the development of a new product for dogs and are now looking for participants to take part in product evaluation. The product is aimed at joint discomfort and mobility. Having established the benefits of the product and it’s format we would like to extend the work we have been doing to cover a larger number of dogs, breeds, ages and with a greater variety of problems.
    If you or someone you know owns a dog that is suffering from joint problems like stiffness due to old age, arthritis, hip dysplasia or any other problem and would be willing to help with our study please contact us. We will provide product information and samples to use over a 4 week period in exchange for the completion of a simple feedback form that would provide us with some useful information about the product.

Thank you in anticipation.

Please contact us at info@carob-plus.co.uk with the following details:
    Name
    Address
    Dog breed
    Dogs age
    Dogs problem

Mudgie

tell us more about the product then  ;D

Anonymous

they seem to be part of a company making biscuits and chocolates – almost all their products are made with artificial sweeteners.

http://www.healthybiscuit.co.uk/index.aspx

kizkiznobite

ok…read that..now…cut the jargon and say it as it is …please…..

and welcome by the way  🙂

*Lassie*

I would need to know what is in the product before making my mind up to give it to my dog

Anonymous

Has anyone found out what this ‘Product’ actually is yet?

nope gotta love cryptic posts eh………….

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12457.msg240869#msg240869 date=1221582478]
    I would need to know what is in the product before making my mind up to give it to my dog
    [/quote]

yes how can we be willing to test the ‘product’ on our doggies if we don’t have any idea what it is ??? :gum:

carob1634

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to contact us and also to those that have raised important issues. I hope this post will answer all the questions, sorry for the lack of information initially, I just felt that the post maybe too long if I tried to include everything. All the information will hopefully be available soon on our website which is currently under construction.
    I will start by introducing the company and move on from there. Carob Plus based in the northwest of England is part of a larger group that cover a diverse range of activities including development work. Working in conjunction with a number of vets and veterinary clinics we now have a range of products under development. It is from this development work that Carob Plus has been started and is now looking to run trials on our products.
    The product which we are currently testing is similar to other products available in shops, however it is of a greater strength and in a more palatable form. The product is not a drug it contains widely used supplements which are unlikely to have any adverse effects or interactions with other medications. It is dairy free and contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. The active ingredients present are Glucosamine, Omega 3 and Green Lipped Mussel which is a natural source of Chrondroitin. All of which have been scientifically proven to target the cause of joint discomfort and help promote mobility.
    Ideally the trial will be carried out on 500 to 1000 dogs of different breeds and of various ages all suffering from some form of joint problem. Although the trial size will ultimately depend on the response we get from dog owners. We have a study plan to follow over the course of a months trial similar to one used at Kennel De Morgenstond, Holland. This will hopefully provide us with useful information about the product allowing us to make improvements where possible to ensure it provides the greatest benefit to your dog.
    I hope this has answered everyone’s questions, we look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Anonymous

Hi,

you’ll find we’re a nosey inquisitive lot here 😉

i was wondering where you source your omega 3 from and if the green lipped mussel is farmed or naturally sourced.  if it is naturally sourced are you helping to sustain natural environments in any way ?

also, you say it is more palletable – what form is it in (like tablet / capsule / caplet / liquid / treats etc…) and what other (if any) non active ingredients you are adding to help with things like palletability / shelf life etc … and where you source those.

oooh i am a nosey parker !!

I should say that I dont have a dog needing this at the moment but my older dog is 9-10 years old and I would be interested in a supplement if / when his joints do stiffen up.

Claire x

Anonymous

[quote author=carob1634 link=topic=12457.msg241249#msg241249 date=1221729767]
                    Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to contact us and also to those that have raised important issues. I hope this post will answer all the questions, sorry for the lack of information initially, I just felt that the post maybe too long if I tried to include everything. All the information will hopefully be available soon on our website which is currently under construction.
    I will start by introducing the company and move on from there. Carob Plus based in the northwest of England is part of a larger group that cover a diverse range of activities including development work. Working in conjunction with a number of vets and veterinary clinics we now have a range of products under development. It is from this development work that Carob Plus has been started and is now looking to run trials on our products.
    The product which we are currently testing is similar to other products available in shops, however it is of a greater strength and in a more palatable form. The product is not a drug it contains widely used supplements which are unlikely to have any adverse effects or interactions with other medications. It is dairy free and contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. The active ingredients present are Glucosamine, Omega 3 and Green Lipped Mussel which is a natural source of Chrondroitin. All of which have been scientifically proven to target the cause of joint discomfort and help promote mobility.
    Ideally the trial will be carried out on 500 to 1000 dogs of different breeds and of various ages all suffering from some form of joint problem. Although the trial size will ultimately depend on the response we get from dog owners. We have a study plan to follow over the course of a months trial similar to one used at Kennel De Morgenstond, Holland. This will hopefully provide us with useful information about the product allowing us to make improvements where possible to ensure it provides the greatest benefit to your dog.
    I hope this has answered everyone’s questions, we look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks in anticipation.

[/quote]

You still haven’t told us what this product is yet. It all sounds a bit too cryptic for my liking & you’ll need to be a bit more open than that to tempt me. What is this product? I’m not asking what it’s made from, i just want to know what it actually is – food? tablets? treats? Powder? What is it?

Also could you tell us which vets you have worked with so we can get thier opinions? In all fairness you are asking complete strangers to allow thier dog to be used as a ‘Guinea pig’ so i think you need to tell us straight what we are looking at rather than all this cryptic stuff because i don’t know about anyone else but it’s actually making me a bit suspicious.

.dodger.

this has been posted on the gsd forum i’m on and someone has posted a link for this topic because people were skeptical about it all.

Anonymous

I’m not surprised really Laura. I still want to know what it is and what makes it so different to other products already on the market. I’d also like to know which vets are endorsing it.  :-\

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime